Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 02:31:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning Cryptopia !!! No payout  (Read 40019 times)
TripleHeXXX

Activity: 176
Merit: 102

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 08:01:22 PM

You can leave whatever you want to leave that is your opinion.

The exchange needed to disable the coin if they knew it wasn't being used.

Since they didn't they need to return the users funds instead of just keeping them pending.

As far as the chain, all it takes is some mining to get it going again. A seller needs to insure a chain is working properly before trying to sell it.

If you cannot understand this basic knowledge then you truly are as stupid as I think you are.

We don't sell the coins, users do, which means it must have at some stage been working in order for those users to deposit those coins, yet since the network has since stopped moving you say we should delist the coin, and that we should return the users funds. How do we return the users funds if we're delisting because the network has stopped moving? Do you just wanna stop for a second to think about what it is you're actually saying here?

Welcome to the risks of owning an exchange. You listed it so you are responsible for trades that happen on your own website. If coins are unable to be processed to users wallets then you need to repay them some other way for their coins that you have control of.

No, anyone is capable of pointing a miner at a network, whether it be a CPU, GPU, ASIC, rented hash, or whatever. It is not the exchange's responsibility to get the network moving, we list coins because our users ask us to list those coins. If you want to hold a coin, it's your responsibility to keep the network moving.

Is it not your job to insure users get their coins from you?
Our job is to broadcast the transaction to the network. Moving that transaction is the network's job. As has been stated several times in this thread, his coins will show up when someone starts mining. We've done our job.

Regardless of whether a coin is moving or not why are you allowing users to deposit and withdraw a dead coin? Shouldn't it be disabled?

Someone who took a Princeton course on Bitcoin should probably know there is literally no way to stop someone depositing a coin, should I rush over to your house and stop you from typing in your deposit address? Should I just ignore the transactions and pretend they aren't there? I suppose easy when you consider that we can't receive deposits if the network isn't moving. And I ask once more, if I disable withdrawing that coin that I'll remind you is already there because it had to be working at some stage to get there(All things someone who took a Princeton course on Bitcoin should probably know) how is that any different to them already being unable to withdraw their coins? You're literally saying to me, if people aren't able to withdraw their coins, you shouldn't let them withdraw their coins.

Imagine you bought a car, and an earthquake hit, destroying the road from the car dealership to your house, would you blame the car dealership for not fixing and maintaining the roads? Should the car dealership stop selling cars?

★★★ Cryptocurrency Platform Services ★★★
Exchange | Mineshaft |  Marketplace 【 Cryptopia 】 Rewards | CoinInfo | | f | | t | | BTC |           
★▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔★          
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 08:09:05 PM

Since they didn't they need to return the users funds instead of just keeping them pending.

As far as the chain, all it takes is some mining to get it going again. A seller needs to insure a chain is working properly before trying to sell it.

If you cannot understand this basic knowledge then you truly are as stupid as I think you are.

We don't sell the coins, users do, which means it must have at some stage been working in order for those users to deposit those coins, yet since the network has since stopped moving you say we should delist the coin, and that we should return the users funds. How do we return the users funds if we're delisting because the network has stopped moving? Do you just wanna stop for a second to think about what it is you're actually saying here?

Welcome to the risks of owning an exchange. You listed it so you are responsible for trades that happen on your own website. If coins are unable to be processed to users wallets then you need to repay them some other way for their coins that you have control of.

No, anyone is capable of pointing a miner at a network, whether it be a CPU, GPU, ASIC, rented hash, or whatever. It is not the exchange's responsibility to get the network moving, we list coins because our users ask us to list those coins. If you want to hold a coin, it's your responsibility to keep the network moving.

Our job is to broadcast the transaction to the network. Moving that transaction is the network's job. As has been stated several times in this thread, his coins will show up when someone starts mining. We've done our job.

Regardless of whether a coin is moving or not why are you allowing users to deposit and withdraw a dead coin? Shouldn't it be disabled?

Someone who took a Princeton course on Bitcoin should probably know there is literally no way to stop someone depositing a coin

You mean to tell me that you think it is 100% impossible for you to disable deposits for dead coins?

It took me exactly 1 minute and 4 seconds of my time to write you up the code needed to do it.

Code:
<?php
$isconnected 
"//code to check if wallet is synced and ready to go here";

if(!
isconnected){
$depositaddress "Disabled";
$withdrawal "Inactive";
}
else{
$depositaddress $address['useraddress'];
$withdrawal "Active";
}
?>

TripleHeXXX

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 08:13:11 PM

Someone who took a Princeton course on Bitcoin should probably know there is literally no way to stop someone depositing a coin

You mean to tell me that you think it is 100% impossible for you to disable deposits for dead coins?

It took me exactly 1 minute and 4 seconds of my time to write you up the code needed to do it.

Code:
<?php
$isconnected 

if(!
isconnected){
$withdrawal "Inactive";
}
else{
$withdrawal "Active";
}
?>

Oh right, OK so you ARE trying to be dense, I can stop responding now.

Exchange | Mineshaft |  Marketplace 【 Cryptopia 】 Rewards | CoinInfo | | f | | t | | BTC |           
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 08:14:59 PM

Code:
<?php
$isconnected 

if(!
isconnected){
$withdrawal "Inactive";
}
else{
$withdrawal "Active";
}
?>

Whether you think I am dense is beside the point of you still allowing users to lose their money. Disable your deposits and withdrawals for dead coins or people like me will continue to make your exchange look like shit.
TripleHeXXX

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 08:16:18 PM

Code:
<?php
$isconnected 

if(!
isconnected){
$withdrawal "Inactive";
}
else{
$withdrawal "Active";
}
?>

Whether you think I am dense is beside the point of you still allowing users to lose their money. Disable your deposits and withdrawals for dead coins or people like me will continue to make your exchange look like shit.

You know what? I don't give a fuck what clueless people think.

CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 08:24:40 PM

Code:
<?php
$isconnected 

if(!
isconnected){
$withdrawal "Inactive";
}
else{
$withdrawal "Active";
}
?>

That is why your exchange is shit. In order to run a successful business the owners need to 'give a fuck' what people think not just let them lose their money and go 'oh well this faggot is too stupid he deserves to lose his money'.

TripleHeXXX

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 08:37:44 PM

Code:
<?php
$isconnected 

if(!
isconnected){
$withdrawal "Inactive";
}
else{
$withdrawal "Active";
}
?>

That is why your exchange is shit. In order to run a successful business the owners need to 'give a fuck' what people think not just let them lose their money and go 'oh well this faggot is too stupid he deserves to lose his money'.

No one has lost any money, the coins don't cease to exist. But yes, you are stupid.

CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 08:44:15 PM

Code:
<?php
$isconnected 

if(!
isconnected){
$withdrawal "Inactive";
}
else{
$withdrawal "Active";
}
?>

No one has lost any money, the coins don't cease to exist. But yes, you are stupid.

The OP in this thread lost money because you allowed him to withdraw a dead coin.

EDIT- As for me being stupid, I'm the one with multiple successful websites while you are the one who owns a failed exchange that you can't afford to keep going.
TripleHeXXX

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 08:57:33 PM

Blah blah blah, I'm stupid, blah blah wank wank, wank wankity wank wank I'm fucking stupid blah wankity blah wank blah.

CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 09:00:13 PM

Blah blah blah, I'm stupid, blah blah wank wank, wank wankity wank wank I'm fucking stupid blah wankity blah wank blah.

Thanks for this, you will make the front page of https://cryptodatabase.net now with a warning for nobody to use your exchange.
Hyperjacked
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1119

It's all mathematics...!

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 09:50:31 PM

Thanks for this, you will make the front page of https://cryptodatabase.net now with a warning for nobody to use your exchange.

I doubt anyone cares...

Cryptopia is a great exchange with a good group of ppl!

The slander lately with different exchanges like Cryptsy and Cryptopia is just propaganda...

@Hyperjacked1 Twitter
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 09:54:34 PM

I doubt anyone cares...

The slander lately with different exchanges like Cryptsy and Cryptopia is just propaganda...

If you think someone calling their customers faggots and retards and dumbasses and saying they dont give a fuck about them is a spectacular addition to the crypto world then there is something wrong with this picture.
BSdetector

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

Floccinaucinihilipilification Specialist

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 09:57:02 PM

An exchange is a platform.

Another hero member who is totally clueless.

CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 09:58:56 PM

This forum is a platform, the convention hall down the street is a platform, school is a platform, a podium is a platform. Is there a point you were getting to or are you just trying to up your post count?
BSdetector

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 10:05:14 PM

This forum is a platform, the convention hall down the street is a platform, school is a platform, a podium is a platform. Is there a point you were getting to or are you just trying to up your post count?

Yes like this forum, allows you to talk tripe - an exchange is not regulated.

Hyperjacked
Legendary

It's all mathematics...!

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 10:07:45 PM

I doubt anyone cares...

If you think someone calling their customers faggots and retards and dumbasses and saying they dont give a fuck about them is a spectacular addition to the crypto world then there is something wrong with this picture.

look all I know is that they are a good group of guys and I'm sure something could have been worked out without dragging someones name through the mud!

@Hyperjacked1 Twitter
BSdetector

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 10:10:41 PM

btw your website is crass and so is its content - maybe someone should ddos it - on the other hand only fake traffic visits.....

CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 10:14:45 PM

Yes like this forum, allows you to talk tripe - an exchange is not regulated.

Well which is it? A platform or an exchange? Your BS detector seems to be broken.

Everything is regulated. If an 'unregulated' exchange starts screwing their users like Cryptopia is doing then threads like this happen so that the public will regulate them and set them on the path to correct their mistakes.

This is what Cryptopia should be doing right now. Instead of posting crap here and getting their 'friends' to come back them up they should be disabling withdrawals and deposits for coins that don't function.

You and the other 2 can spout whatever they want. I will not back down from anyone especially when it comes to exchanges screwing their members willingly, knowing they are screwing them, getting reminded that they are screwing them, and then responding with 'i dont give a fuck about them'.

CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 10:16:46 PM

btw your website is crass and so is its content - maybe someone should ddos it - on the other hand only fake traffic visits.....

If you feel that committing a crime is to your best benefit then do what you feel like you should do. Keep in mind my servers keep logs of everything that accesses it and you cannot hide on the internet and I will press charges against you even if it takes a subpoena for bitcointalks records of your login history and location.
Hyperjacked
Legendary

It's all mathematics...!

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 10:19:17 PM

You guys should read that book "everything I needed to know I learned in kindergarten"

maybe "how to win friends and influence people"

@Hyperjacked1 Twitter
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: