Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:26:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Are The Best Ways To Launder/Mix/Clean/Anonymize Your Bitcoins?  (Read 2580 times)
WarezWaldo (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 09:06:24 PM

What are some good free ways to Launder/Mix/Anonymize/clean  your bitcoins?
TimXCampbell

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2012, 10:05:16 PM

I have no idea how to do those things but I can say that you have a very clever username!

(Mine's not very clever; I basically found it attached to me shortly after I was born.)
alien193

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 01:47:40 AM

Read about Escrow, third-person users.
f.ex. Your money -> Third person 1 -> Third person 2 -> Your second account
Fjordbit

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2012, 02:15:10 AM

Blockchain.info's Mixer is considered the best way to mix your coins.

As far an anonymizing, you should install TOR as a service and then enable SOCKSv5 in your client to use localhost:9050.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 02:22:55 AM

I suggest Tide.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
TimXCampbell

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2012, 04:23:28 AM

... install TOR as a service and then enable SOCKSv5 in your client to use localhost:9050.

That's clever! If I understand you correctly, you're saying that the Bitcoin client can run through Tor and hop through a bunch of hoops before landing in Bitcoinland?

(Is there a better word than "Bitcoinland" to describe the legions of Bitcoin service providers?)
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 04:26:45 AM

... install TOR as a service and then enable SOCKSv5 in your client to use localhost:9050.

That's clever! If I understand you correctly, you're saying that the Bitcoin client can run through Tor and hop through a bunch of hoops before landing in Bitcoinland?

(Is there a better word than "Bitcoinland" to describe the legions of Bitcoin service providers?)

Yes, Bitcoin can surf the dark web. There is credible evidence that there are about as many nodes in the dark as there are in the light.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

TimXCampbell

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2012, 06:55:58 AM

There is credible evidence that there are about as many nodes in the dark as there are in the light.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. I've tried Tor and I2P and poked around a bit in the "pseudo-TLD" sites (.onion and .i2p). I didn't see much of i2p because everything seemed to be missing. As for Tor, it has some neat stuff going on but in a way it feels to me like a ghost town. Maybe I'm just getting a weird view on it. However, I wouldn't imagine that the dark net is the same size as the regular web.

Have I misunderstood what you were saying?
TimXCampbell

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2012, 10:31:47 AM

That article looks interesting! Thanks for the link!
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 12:56:34 PM

There is credible evidence that there are about as many nodes in the dark as there are in the light.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. I've tried Tor and I2P and poked around a bit in the "pseudo-TLD" sites (.onion and .i2p). I didn't see much of i2p because everything seemed to be missing. As for Tor, it has some neat stuff going on but in a way it feels to me like a ghost town. Maybe I'm just getting a weird view on it. However, I wouldn't imagine that the dark net is the same size as the regular web.

Have I misunderstood what you were saying?

Yes, I was referring to the number of persistent bitcoin nodes on TOR versus the number of persistent number of nodes visable on the open Internet. If you have the skills, you could set up a bitcoin client to only connect to other nodes via TOR.  I wouldn't be surprised to discover that there is a .onion address for a major online wallet service, or a wallet service entirely within TOR.

TimXCampbell

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2012, 04:13:48 PM

I couldn't tell you if such a service existed on Tor. I'm exploring that as well as Bitcoin. I find it hard to figure out just what's in there, in Torland. I know I haven't seen a wallet service, though of course there are plenty of sites that take BTC.
sacko

Activity: 174
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 05:48:58 PM

That article looks interesting! Thanks for the link!
You'r welcome  Smiley
J-Norm

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 06:34:14 PM

You can pay for a proper mixing service like blockchain or torfog but then it is obvious that your money is going into and out of a mixing service.

I recommend finding a site with a large userbase that uses a common wallet. Poker sites like Seals With Clubs and wallet services like instawallet will almost always give you back different coins than you put in.

I would recommend: your wallet -> site with shared wallet -> mixing service -> site with shared wallet -> your new wallet.

Don't put more than a little into any of these services at any given time.
jonflow

Activity: 29

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 01:01:55 AM

The Hidden Wiki has a few links to some bitcoin laundering sites. I can't tell you what the fees were, but the links are there.
Fjordbit

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2012, 04:42:16 AM

I wouldn't be surprised to discover that there is a .onion address for a major online wallet service, or a wallet service entirely within TOR.

There was a wallet service on TOR. They ran with the deposits.
bruj0

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 08:57:25 AM

Interesting thread Smiley

Will google more on tor and bitcoins now Wink
kwoody

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

Technology and Women. Amazing.

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 01:02:15 PM

send them to me
zomalok

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 03:01:31 PM

Why need cleaning? I thought btc is anon network, and they better can track you only when you exchange btc's to your lr or other cashout. And better use vpn or vps for ip-hidding or mule-drop  Cool.
nokru

Activity: 50

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 06:28:34 PM

you can also send them to 17NPvZvyfCH4ezSVamB7qfYG3wSPHTLNbf - fully anonymous...
Ascension

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 07:05:17 PM

I suggest Tide.

Grin
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: