Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:01:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Bitcointalk have traffic problems? The forum is loading very slow.  (Read 1718 times)
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 04:36:44 PM

It loads pretty quick on my browser(even on my mobile browser lol) I use Chrome. You should give a try to Chrome.

I have tried it too.

I don't think it is browser's problem as I can open it via VPN. I am still wondering how it opened when I used VPN.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
onemorexmr

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 06:56:04 PM

i am also from germany and i had many problems with bitcointalk: slow, sometimes only half of the page loads, cert errors.

i had this with congstar (mobile provider) and telekom as isp.

but i switched to unitymedia today and btct is fast - never seen it that fast before and no errors yet.

waning conspiracy theory: maybe some isp's cripples this site by intent?

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2015, 07:17:35 PM

-snip-
waning conspiracy theory: maybe some isp's cripples this site by intent?
That's not a conspiracy theory. It happens among other things (like MITM attacks from ISP). However, I'm not sure why someone would do that with BTCT. The best solution is to get a VPN and get rid of such problems.

Occasionally the website does load slowly for me too but I don't mind because that happens very rarely. One has to understand that the size has a lot of users, a lot more viewers and probably a handful of people who want to attack it one way or another. If someone experiences problems frequently it is most likely to be a problem on their side.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
onemorexmr

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 07:35:06 PM

Occasionally the website does load slowly for me too but I don't mind because that happens very rarely.

i thought that too. but i had some of this problems (eh half loading pages) daily.
i had the same problem at my fathers house (telekom too) so i though it would be btct having some bandwith or cpu issues.

new isp (ok only until today...like 10hrs) no problems, and i have never seen this speed before (my connection speed didnt change that much; probably better route to the btct server though)

i will monitor it. but if theymos hasnt changed anything recently and it stays like that the next days i am convinced they cripple it: not sure why too

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2015, 07:44:42 PM

i thought that too. but i had some of this problems (eh half loading pages) daily.
i had the same problem at my fathers house (telekom too) so i though it would be btct having some bandwith or cpu issues.

new isp (ok only until today...like 10hrs) no problems, and i have never seen this speed before (my connection speed didnt change that much; probably better route to the btct server though)

i will monitor it. but if theymos hasnt changed anything recently and it stays like that the next days i am convinced they cripple it: not sure why too
I've tested at least 4 ISPs in 2 different countries over the years (with and without VPNs) and I have never experienced any issues that others didn't have at that time (e.g. DDoS, 502 errors, etc).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Fwdxlsh

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 08:00:59 PM

Most websites have traffic problems.
onemorexmr

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 08:02:23 PM

I've tested at least 4 ISPs in 2 different countries over the years (with and without VPNs) and I have never experienced any issues that others didn't have at that time (e.g. DDoS, 502 errors, etc).

interesting; 502 i got very rarely. half loading pages where common (at least for the last 3three month i got them daily)

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: