Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:54:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Bitcointalk have traffic problems? The forum is loading very slow.  (Read 1718 times)
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 04:36:44 PM

It loads pretty quick on my browser(even on my mobile browser lol) I use Chrome. You should give a try to Chrome.

I have tried it too.

I don't think it is browser's problem as I can open it via VPN. I am still wondering how it opened when I used VPN.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
onemorexmr

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 06:56:04 PM

i am also from germany and i had many problems with bitcointalk: slow, sometimes only half of the page loads, cert errors.

i had this with congstar (mobile provider) and telekom as isp.

but i switched to unitymedia today and btct is fast - never seen it that fast before and no errors yet.

waning conspiracy theory: maybe some isp's cripples this site by intent?

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2015, 07:17:35 PM

-snip-
waning conspiracy theory: maybe some isp's cripples this site by intent?
That's not a conspiracy theory. It happens among other things (like MITM attacks from ISP). However, I'm not sure why someone would do that with BTCT. The best solution is to get a VPN and get rid of such problems.

Occasionally the website does load slowly for me too but I don't mind because that happens very rarely. One has to understand that the size has a lot of users, a lot more viewers and probably a handful of people who want to attack it one way or another. If someone experiences problems frequently it is most likely to be a problem on their side.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
onemorexmr

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 07:35:06 PM

Occasionally the website does load slowly for me too but I don't mind because that happens very rarely.

i thought that too. but i had some of this problems (eh half loading pages) daily.
i had the same problem at my fathers house (telekom too) so i though it would be btct having some bandwith or cpu issues.

new isp (ok only until today...like 10hrs) no problems, and i have never seen this speed before (my connection speed didnt change that much; probably better route to the btct server though)

i will monitor it. but if theymos hasnt changed anything recently and it stays like that the next days i am convinced they cripple it: not sure why too

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2015, 07:44:42 PM

i thought that too. but i had some of this problems (eh half loading pages) daily.
i had the same problem at my fathers house (telekom too) so i though it would be btct having some bandwith or cpu issues.

new isp (ok only until today...like 10hrs) no problems, and i have never seen this speed before (my connection speed didnt change that much; probably better route to the btct server though)

i will monitor it. but if theymos hasnt changed anything recently and it stays like that the next days i am convinced they cripple it: not sure why too
I've tested at least 4 ISPs in 2 different countries over the years (with and without VPNs) and I have never experienced any issues that others didn't have at that time (e.g. DDoS, 502 errors, etc).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Fwdxlsh

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 08:00:59 PM

Most websites have traffic problems.
onemorexmr

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 08:02:23 PM

I've tested at least 4 ISPs in 2 different countries over the years (with and without VPNs) and I have never experienced any issues that others didn't have at that time (e.g. DDoS, 502 errors, etc).

interesting; 502 i got very rarely. half loading pages where common (at least for the last 3three month i got them daily)

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: