Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:17:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I safe on a Mac? + some beginner questions  (Read 1615 times)
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 03:15:10 PM

Exactly the same thing apply for Windows. On windows you only get viruses if you do shady things/shady java websites and so on. It's not like you start a windows computer and after five minutes it automatically get infected
Well, this might happen with windows.
No, seriously.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 03:15:49 PM

Can you show articles that prove me false?

Actually I have a windows machine as well, and I get virus all the time, that are native, that corrupt parts of the system. I don't do shady things so explain. Windows is very insecure and everyone says, mac is very stable, and I have yet to have a virus, with 10yrs of use. This is going to turn into an Apple vs Windows thing and I am not going to keep going with it.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 05:55:45 PM

Exactly the same thing apply for Windows. On windows you only get viruses if you do shady things/shady java websites and so on. It's not like you start a windows computer and after five minutes it automatically get infected
Well, this might happen with windows.
No, seriously.
[/quote

True story.
Install Windows XP on a machine and go surf the web for 1hr and you'll get a virus/trojan 90%.
No active firewall, Internet Explorer 7, OS not updated, no UAC... Do I need to say more? lol
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: