Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:43:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I safe on a Mac? + some beginner questions  (Read 1615 times)
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 03:15:10 PM

Exactly the same thing apply for Windows. On windows you only get viruses if you do shady things/shady java websites and so on. It's not like you start a windows computer and after five minutes it automatically get infected
Well, this might happen with windows.
No, seriously.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 03:15:49 PM

Can you show articles that prove me false?

Actually I have a windows machine as well, and I get virus all the time, that are native, that corrupt parts of the system. I don't do shady things so explain. Windows is very insecure and everyone says, mac is very stable, and I have yet to have a virus, with 10yrs of use. This is going to turn into an Apple vs Windows thing and I am not going to keep going with it.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 05:55:45 PM

Exactly the same thing apply for Windows. On windows you only get viruses if you do shady things/shady java websites and so on. It's not like you start a windows computer and after five minutes it automatically get infected
Well, this might happen with windows.
No, seriously.
[/quote

True story.
Install Windows XP on a machine and go surf the web for 1hr and you'll get a virus/trojan 90%.
No active firewall, Internet Explorer 7, OS not updated, no UAC... Do I need to say more? lol
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: