Bitcoin Forum
September 23, 2018, 09:06:59 PM *
News: ♦♦ New info! Bitcoin Core users absolutely must upgrade to previously-announced 0.16.3 [Torrent]. All Bitcoin users should temporarily trust confirmations slightly less. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain  (Read 1636 times)
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 01:58:10 PM

Wifi boosters have been sold out for like 3 weeks..
S7 for like a week..

Soo............. any speculation?  Just making new batches?

Making a new U4?!?!?!?!?!?!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1470

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 02:13:23 PM

Wifi boosters have been sold out for like 3 weeks..
S7 for like a week..

Soo............. any speculation?  Just making new batches?

Making a new U4?!?!?!?!?!?!!

I'm not sure seems like they ran out much quicker then I thought. Crazy Guy has some in stock last I heard and was selling - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=612390.0

Might hit him up if your wanting one, that is where I got mine from.
spazzdla
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 03:22:19 PM

More so just curious to what they are doing.

Perhaps a different heat sink method for the S7..
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 03:26:36 PM

Read over in speculation - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1219211.0

There is a big rumor going around that there might be a new S7 design.  We cannot be for sure yet.  But the person it came from is a pretty good source.
kingcolex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1013

Anonymous bitcoin mixer

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 04:50:42 PM

There is a big rumor going around that there might be a new S7 design.  We cannot be for sure yet.  But the person it came from is a pretty good source.
I didn't think this would be a replacement just a new line to go with the current design as well.

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 07:00:23 PM

I didn't think this would be a replacement just a new line to go with the current design as well.

If they have 2 at once that would be a little hard. I mean do you the S7 unless they call it S7+ or something would change name of line.  I mean I doubt they want to call it S7- or even lite, just does not sound powerful or keep with naming.

I'm pretty curious to see what they do.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1022

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 10:12:43 PM

Actually, the S7- would make perfect sense from their previous naming conventions, though I think the S7Lite would be a better choice from a marketing standpoint.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
lama-hunter

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 10:15:12 PM

Iam very happy using my Antminer u3+. Its very cheap by electricity. It would be great if Bitmain would bring up the next Antminer u4+ for ultra efficient Mining  Grin
If they could lower the powerconsumption that would be akward.

Otherwise i think a Antminer s7 BAtch 2 is at the Moment the best from the Guys out of Bitmain  Cool

regards
lama-hunter
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 12:37:46 AM

Iam very happy using my Antminer u3+. Its very cheap by electricity. It would be great if Bitmain would bring up the next Antminer u4+ for ultra efficient Mining  Grin
If they could lower the powerconsumption that would be akward.

Otherwise i think a Antminer s7 BAtch 2 is at the Moment the best from the Guys out of Bitmain  Cool

regards
lama-hunter

Really we don't know what they are doing on U series.   It would be nice to have U4 but not sure what will happen.

The good news is we know sidehack has been working on pods, that will be a huge upgrade from U3's.  So I'm excited about that to come.  Check here if you have not seen about it - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1203190.0
quantumgravity

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 04:14:32 AM

Maybe there is just a very high demand.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 05:33:21 AM

Maybe there is just a very high demand.

As far as S7 they left orders open for a really long time, so I don't think this was a problem.  The problem they have is shipping out the S7's they already sold. 

It's kinda a cluster is nice word on shipping right now on S7's.  And with low compensation... they don't have a huge reason to rush.  So we could have people not so happy if shipping continues to be slow.
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 09:08:44 AM

No competition right this minute - but that changes in November to "low" (Avalon 6) and probably again around December (Lketc/BW.com BEleven) and there might be more in the wings that we don't know about yet (Innosilicon has a tendancy to not announce miner units 'till they're actually available)....

Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
kingcolex
Legendary

Anonymous bitcoin mixer

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 03:29:25 PM

No competition right this minute - but that changes in November to "low" (Avalon 6) and probably again around December (Lketc/BW.com BEleven) and there might be more in the wings that we don't know about yet (Innosilicon has a tendancy to not announce miner units 'till they're actually available)....

I am excited for the competition! Time for the mining scene to quit being a duopoly.

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1036

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 03:32:55 PM

Bitmain announced today that there will be another 500 S7 for sale in Hashnest on November 3 price is not known yet.

QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 09:52:19 AM

And us home miners care about S7s on hashnest why?

Huh

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 04:54:41 PM

Huh

As it's' not a bad thing to have a miner in the "cloud" if a legit service.  It's nice being able to sell hash/miner in cloud. 

But your right with US and decent electricity I do most of mine as hardware in my control.   But i like to have small holdings in the "cloud".
spazzdla
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 05:55:38 PM

Huh

As it's' not a bad thing to have a miner in the "cloud" if a legit service.  It's nice being able to sell hash/miner in cloud.  

But your right with US and decent electricity I do most of mine as hardware in my control.   But i like to have small holdings in the "cloud".

I wants a U4 for home mining, or sell sidehack their newest chip and he can make a newer USB miner.
kingcolex
Legendary

Anonymous bitcoin mixer

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 05:56:53 PM

Huh

As it's' not a bad thing to have a miner in the "cloud" if a legit service.  It's nice being able to sell hash/miner in cloud.  

But your right with US and decent electricity I do most of mine as hardware in my control.   But i like to have small holdings in the "cloud".

I wants a U4 for home mining, or sell sidehack their newest chip and he can make a newer USB miner.
I think everyone wants Bitmain to sell their chips to Sidehack but I don't think they want to.

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
spazzdla
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 05:59:21 PM

Huh

I think everyone wants Bitmain to sell their chips to Sidehack but I don't think they want to.

We should start a chant.. peer pressure works wonders.

OR they could hire side hack.. now that would be freaking neato.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 06:08:13 PM

Huh

We are honestly lucky they sold him a initial batch.  I'm surprised they did that even.   The great thing is sidehack with his skills will be able to take boards and get the chips.... which is a  great way around them not selling chips.   So hopefully we see some pods with this which I think we will.

And I'm hoping one of the other companies coming with miners will sell him chips.  Avalon, Innsilicon, etc have a chance at least of selling.  So we can hope they do.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.