Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 08:23:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: UPDATE  (Read 41005 times)
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 01:01:32 AM

Competition of currencies is a good thing, no matter what the success. The market will decide what it wants as its money. Those who try to stifle this, are doing a vast disservice to humanity. Free money is the future.

Imoote

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 05:29:22 AM

There is nothing to discuss about the bitcoin vs dollar. We already know that dollar is centralized as well has a long back history.
Considering bitcoin it is decentralized with not much history as dollar. But it got itself a state equal to dollar in a very short term.

Yes it's true I think bitcoin and the dollar is very different. Dollar has been around a long time in advance than bitcoin. The price of bitcoin in my opinion will not affect the dollar, but rather that the price of the dollar can affect the price of bitcoin.
pneumatic5

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 09:53:34 AM

There is nothing to discuss about the bitcoin vs dollar. We already know that dollar is centralized as well has a long back history.
Considering bitcoin it is decentralized with not much history as dollar. But it got itself a state equal to dollar in a very short term.

Yes it's true I think bitcoin and the dollar is very different. Dollar has been around a long time in advance than bitcoin. The price of bitcoin in my opinion will not affect the dollar, but rather that the price of the dollar can affect the price of bitcoin.

yeah, and I don't think that bitcoin can replace dollar in near future, as the market cap of dollar is huge in compare to bitcoin and it is the most popular currency of the world.

Windpower

Activity: 532
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 09:58:49 AM

They both have their positives and negatives, it really just comes down to personal preference. Some people like Bitcoin and other don't.
fruitcommander

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 10:41:58 AM

They both have their positives and negatives, it really just comes down to personal preference. Some people like Bitcoin and other don't.

Yeah, people who are comfortable using dollar will continue to use dollar as they find it easy and they can spend it everywhere with an ease, comparatively they find bitcoin a bit complicated.
smodern

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 11:52:58 AM

With Bitcoin being a Cryptocurrency..
there is no central institution which holds your money.
Easy Payments, easy and fast confirmations..
i think thats what makes Bitcoin as a cryptocurrency better than Fiat currencies..
Bazelak

Activity: 221

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 08:16:03 AM

With Bitcoin being a Cryptocurrency..
there is no central institution which holds your money.
Easy Payments, easy and fast confirmations..
i think thats what makes Bitcoin as a cryptocurrency better than Fiat currencies..

That is right. And crypto currency makes banking an option. You have do not to use a bank if you do not want to borrow money.

▃▄▅▆▇ STOX -  ETH based Prediction Market ▇▆▅▄▃
▂▃▅▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ Token Sale   ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▅▃▂
Whitepaper | ANN | Bounty | Telegram | Twitter | Website
lixer

Activity: 2520
Merit: 586

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 06:35:18 AM

Dollar is what I exchange bitcoins too and I get 430 times in USD when I give one bitcoin. So, its pretty obvious which is bigger ? I love bitcoins and for me bitcoins wins against doallrs with various reasons and with big margin.

Invulner

Activity: 266

Invulner

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 06:40:50 AM

So guys, in a world where the 10% of total transaction are with BTC, what is the advantages for a normal family? What this kind of money can solve? In particular, if some rich don't spend BTC to increase the value and less BTC are spent, how can deflating happen?

Particular, which CONCRETE advantages can the people get from BTC?

Thank you.

Compare BTC with Western Union.

Currently WU is proudly advertising their "instant" money transfers that you have to go to a place to collect, for a fee of $5-$10 internationally.
With BTC, you can adjust your fee, even to no transaction fee.(Not recommended)

So a huge advantage of using BTC is that you can save on international transaction fees... Which is pretty huge if you're just transferring, say $15 worth of currency and you have to pay $5 in fees for WU.
Bazelak

Activity: 221

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 09:00:20 AM

So guys, in a world where the 10% of total transaction are with BTC, what is the advantages for a normal family? What this kind of money can solve? In particular, if some rich don't spend BTC to increase the value and less BTC are spent, how can deflating happen?

Thank you.

Currently WU is proudly advertising their "instant" money transfers that you have to go to a place to collect, for a fee of $5-$10 internationally.

So a huge advantage of using BTC is that you can save on international transaction fees... Which is pretty huge if you're just transferring, say $15 worth of currency and you have to pay $5 in fees for WU.

Yes. It would be even better if the bitcoin can be used directly in every places. For the time being, we have to exchange it to fiat to spend for most of us.

▃▄▅▆▇ STOX -  ETH based Prediction Market ▇▆▅▄▃
▂▃▅▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ Token Sale   ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▅▃▂
Whitepaper | ANN | Bounty | Telegram | Twitter | Website
LarryHocks

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 09:34:43 AM

Thank you.

Yes. It would be even better if the bitcoin can be used directly in every places. For the time being, we have to exchange it to fiat to spend for most of us.

It will be better if that is gonna be possible, but you have to keep in mind that bitcoin will not gonna win from the dollar because the dollar is to strong, the bitcoin is still depending on it nowadays, and the other thing is that the banks will never gonna let this happen.
because of all these reason the bitcoin will not win it in my opinion.
gregyoung14

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 10:22:00 AM

Dollar is a currency and bitcoin has no fizical appearance, everyone knows about dollar but mostly people don't know about bitcoin,so both have a lot of different.

Yep. And they can never replace on another. Bitcoin can never be a real form of currency. It's just easier to refer it as one because same as with any other currencies - there are values and trades and swaps. But it's totally different.
funkenstein
Legendary

Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 11:57:29 AM

Yep. And they can never replace on another. Bitcoin can never be a real form of currency. It's just easier to refer it as one because same as with any other currencies - there are values and trades and swaps. But it's totally different.

Heard circa 2010: "Real's gonna change"

Heard circa 2016: "Real changed"

"Give me control over a coin's checkpoints and I care not who mines its blocks."
http://vtscc.org  http://woodcoin.info
daffaco

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 12:01:34 PM

bitcoin is digital
dollar is physical
dont compare thing which didn't match either
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 01:15:39 PM

Fiat are too bad as they have too many limitations on you and cannot spend them easily, while BTC offers much easy transactions and we do not have to pay useless taxes and all.
sishendaoye

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 02:26:42 PM

Both are very popular and good. But I think that Dollar is more used. But some people dont trust Bitcoin.
Because they think it is not safe. But I hope that more people will use some Bitcoin later in the future.
chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 02:33:55 PM

Fiat are too bad as they have too many limitations on you and cannot spend them easily, while BTC offers much easy transactions and we do not have to pay useless taxes and all.

Limitations? No doubt even bitcoin has limitations. Just because you feel it no limits when using bitcoin means all person in the world feels the same way.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 04:23:09 PM

bitcoin is digital
dollar is physical
Yes, bitcoin is on the internet and can be traded only on internet. But dollar can be traded both online and physically.
The thing is which is better investment. The U.S. Dollar is the most liquid because it is the world’s reserve currency.
The Bitcoin has not seen a very long time span, but since its introduction in January 2009, it has remained stable. So it can be the currency of the future.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 08:37:24 PM

Thank you.

If people dont spend BTC, then it's value goes up. The slower the money velocity the more valuable that is.

That is why in many places BTC is a commodity not entirely a currency. But I see is as a mix of the 2.

JAyThaRevo

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 10:58:14 PM

bitcoin is digital
dollar is physical
Yes, bitcoin is on the internet and can be traded only on internet. But dollar can be traded both online and physically.
The thing is which is better investment. The U.S. Dollar is the most liquid because it is the world’s reserve currency.
The Bitcoin has not seen a very long time span, but since its introduction in January 2009, it has remained stable. So it can be the currency of the future.

It can be a currency of the future but I don't think it can replace dollar sooner or latter, people would continue to use dollar even bitcoin gets more bigger and more popular.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: