Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:16:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Does Dash Crypto-Currency Solve Many of Bitcoin's Problems?  (Read 1770 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 01:31:17 PM

I have another question:

2 of my holy grails for Masternodes are an open marketplace hosted by MNs and a decentralized exchange.  The fiat to coin exchange could be done via the open marketplace, so they could be one and the same, but if we could host a full exchange with all the graphs and services other exchanges offer (except shorting, etc...  None of the gambling sh*t) then I think we'd have a hit.

Would you support these things?  Do you think Masternodes could host such things and stay within the law?  What if the data were not readable from the outside, so no MN would know what data they're storing?  I see this as not being dark market stuff, we could even ban dark market stuff via a report button, but a main stream marketplace that grandma has no trouble using (even easier to use than ebay because we wouldn't have all those crazy fees to choose from)

And do you support the possibility of paying someone to do this work via the blockchain?
 If the fees involved were paid to mining rewards just like any other fee, it would help expand mining hash rate as well as MN numbers while creating a real economy for Dash to thrive in.

Yes, absolutely.

The "staying within the law" part is a moving target though. "They" can create retroactive laws that suit any purpose, as toknormal's link from the troll-swarm thread chillingly illustrates:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11964655/Police-to-be-granted-powers-to-view-your-internet-history.html

Among other things, this is a race against time, before witch-burning comes into fashion again.

My instinct is to decouple from fiat completely, but that is of course easier said than done.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 01:31:21 PM

i think there should be more teaser about evolution...

but from what i've heard, i think  Dash will be a hybrid storj-eth-btc style coin.

I don't know storj, but I think it was decided a while back that Dash would stick to being money.  On the other hand, with the DAVC and ability to propose projects, the MN network and community can vote to add other services (and I hope they do!)  Then it might indeed look like Etherium?  Smiley

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 01:39:28 PM

Cointelegraph has a new article with a little more information on Evolution's decentralized API (DAPI):

http://cointelegraph.com/news/115510/worlds-first-dapi-decentralized-application-programming-interface

If they are reporting correctly, and I assume they are, then DAPI will be the first part of Evolution to be released. It will allow outside programs to interact with the blockchain as if they were a full node, without requiring them to have a full copy of the blockchain in order to do so.

P.S. I'm not sure from this if the DAPI would allow interactions with the blockchain (i.e. both read and write) or if it would be able to solely request information. I'm assuming it will have some level of input/write access, since Evan said on dashtalk that DAPI will ultimately allow such things as built-in 2FA for your wallet.

I don't know where the 10 gb blockchain comes from, we're not even at 2 GB!  Maybe they're talking about the future, but it gives the wrong idea!

RE: DAPI and write access:  The Electrum wallet already use deterministic seeds?  Does that require write access to the blockchain?  If so, we may already have that?

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 01:42:38 PM

Yes, absolutely.

The "staying within the law" part is a moving target though. "They" can create retroactive laws that suit any purpose, as toknormal's link from the troll-swarm thread chillingly illustrates:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11964655/Police-to-be-granted-powers-to-view-your-internet-history.html

Among other things, this is a race against time, before witch-burning comes into fashion again.

My instinct is to decouple from fiat completely, but that is of course easier said than done.

Does that mean I'm not the only one getting spooked by my government and the banking system?  My mother makes me feel like such a freak for thinking the economy is going to collapse.  Which is funny because since the dawn of time, the economy collapsed like clockwork.

noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 01:56:08 PM

i think there should be more teaser about evolution...

but from what i've heard, i think  Dash will be a hybrid storj-eth-btc style coin.

I don't know storj, but I think it was decided a while back that Dash would stick to being money.  On the other hand, with the DAVC and ability to propose projects, the MN network and community can vote to add other services (and I hope they do!)  Then it might indeed look like Etherium?  Smiley

i think its impossible for Dash stay as being money, it has too many feature already.
plus if  DAPI   was implemented, Dash can offer service to real world commerce, industry etc.

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 02:26:40 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2015, 04:58:54 PM by aigeezer

Does that mean I'm not the only one getting spooked by my government and the banking system?  My mother makes me feel like such a freak for thinking the economy is going to collapse.  Which is funny because since the dawn of time, the economy collapsed like clockwork.

I am very spooked by your government and banking system.   Wink

I'm in Canada, where the voters just threw out our version of Cromwell/Cheney after (amazingly) tolerating it for years. However, the mechanisms put in place by one bunch of rascals tend to be used by the next "good guy" bunch of rascals - the ratchet mechanism tends to go in one direction only.

It's hard to take an objective stance on this stuff, especially for the young for whom everything is "normal" because of their time horizon. I'm 72 fwiw, and from my perspective the present situation is terrifyingly abnormal. I try not to succumb to the "ain't it awful" impulses that come with age and I find tinfoil-hat paranoia as ludicrous as the next person does.

Like you though, I am aware of the cyclical nature of this stuff - especially the history of fiat collapses. It's worth reflecting on Bill Bonner's line though "just because something is inevitable doesn't mean it is imminent". Stay nimble!

Edit. Update: if you are wondering why I blurted out my age on a public forum, here's the main reason (on topic, I promise). Yesterday I went back to Cryptsy to see whether it had survived the bank run caused by the recent smear story. Everything seemed to work fine. I transferred some crypto coins in, converted to DASH, and went to the Withdraw window where I discovered that they had implemented Draconian new invasive questions. The pretexts were the T-word and P-word as always, but the actual rules bordered on farce. From memory - you can now withdraw only $25 daily or $100 monthly in crypto (not fiat) without giving them your life history. Thus blackmailed, I told them all the stuff they have no business knowing, and I assume they will blab it to The Authorities on demand in order to stay in business. I'm not even in that country - sheesh! Anyway, my age is no longer my own business so I might as well flaunt it. The matrix is real, boys and girls. DASH might be the answer - I hope so.

ddink7 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 07:47:19 PM

Does that mean I'm not the only one getting spooked by my government and the banking system?  My mother makes me feel like such a freak for thinking the economy is going to collapse.  Which is funny because since the dawn of time, the economy collapsed like clockwork.

I am very spooked by your government and banking system.   Wink

I'm in Canada, where the voters just threw out our version of Cromwell/Cheney after (amazingly) tolerating it for years. However, the mechanisms put in place by one bunch of rascals tend to be used by the next "good guy" bunch of rascals - the ratchet mechanism tends to go in one direction only.

It's hard to take an objective stance on this stuff, especially for the young for whom everything is "normal" because of their time horizon. I'm 72 fwiw, and from my perspective the present situation is terrifyingly abnormal. I try not to succumb to the "ain't it awful" impulses that come with age and I find tinfoil-hat paranoia as ludicrous as the next person does.

Like you though, I am aware of the cyclical nature of this stuff - especially the history of fiat collapses. It's worth reflecting on Bill Bonner's line though "just because something is inevitable doesn't mean it is imminent". Stay nimble!

Edit. Update: if you are wondering why I blurted out my age on a public forum, here's the main reason (on topic, I promise). Yesterday I went back to Cryptsy to see whether it had survived the bank run caused by the recent smear story. Everything seemed to work fine. I transferred some crypto coins in, converted to DASH, and went to the Withdraw window where I discovered that they had implemented Draconian new invasive questions. The pretexts were the T-word and P-word as always, but the actual rules bordered on farce. From memory - you can now withdraw only $25 daily or $100 monthly in crypto (not fiat) without giving them your life history. Thus blackmailed, I told them all the stuff they have no business knowing, and I assume they will blab it to The Authorities on demand in order to stay in business. I'm not even in that country - sheesh! Anyway, my age is no longer my own business so I might as well flaunt it. The matrix is real, boys and girls. DASH might be the answer - I hope so.

Wow, thank God I got out of there. When they redid their fee structure to a flat 0.5% withdrawal fee, I was afraid more bad things were coming. The allegations of federal investigations sealed it for me (although I'm still skeptical that that was anything more than a smear piece, but why take chances).

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 04:42:08 AM

I entered crypto when all the Mt Gox was really flaring up.  I've kept my exposure to exchanges to a minimum, except at one point where I had ~ $70 worth of coins on an exchange for a while.  I was trusting Bitfinex.  Man I miss them.  I hope they'll open trade with Dash again some time soon, but our volume is so small, I can understand their decision.

ddink7 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 04:21:17 PM

I entered crypto when all the Mt Gox was really flaring up.  I've kept my exposure to exchanges to a minimum, except at one point where I had ~ $70 worth of coins on an exchange for a while.  I was trusting Bitfinex.  Man I miss them.  I hope they'll open trade with Dash again some time soon, but our volume is so small, I can understand their decision.

I don't understand Bitfinex. Once you've done all the work to integrate a new currency, all there is to do is sit back and collect the profits, yes? I mean they already did all the work, there can't be too much involved in simply maintaining a trading pair?

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: