Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:08:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 U.S. States Legalize Adult Consumption of Cannabis  (Read 6412 times)
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 08:50:25 PM

Thankfully, we can avoid smelling it for at least a few more years here in Oregon.  I was getting scared there for a bit...

Oh, please. Just because it's legal doesn't mean it's going to be everywhere. Anyone who wanted to was already doing it, now they just don't have to worry about going to jail for it. Should cut back on the paranoia.
*shrug*  I don't like the smell.  And I disagree that anyone who wanted to do it was already doing it.  Legalization will certainly increase usage, especially in public areas.

Has anyone studied the effects of secondhand marijuana smoke?
Firsthand or secondhand, there's no harmful effects from smoking weed.
Doesn't it kill braincells or something, or was that just FUD?

+1, you know I knew a person once who would snoop around people's facebook accounts and decide whether she want's to hire them.
Fairly common practice these days.  That's why anyone with facebook should set their profile as private (and completely so - none of the "friends of friends" nonsense) when job hunting.  It's not illegal if they see something that they believe could hinder your performance, and that includes excessive partying, getting high, etc.
FUD.  Weed's probably the healthiest thing on earth.

Regarding what SaintDevil said, it sure does help you lose weight!  Cannabis connects you to your consciousness, allowing you to think from a different perspective.  While I believe THC helps your body burn fat, I think it psychologically helps more with the mental factors of losing weight.  People often eat their problems away, weed helps you confront them.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12983

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 08:56:13 PM

I doubt that getting any type of smoke into your lungs is very good for you.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
BitcoinINV (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 09:02:01 PM

I concur but it can not be  much worse then killing your liver right?

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 09:02:52 PM

+1  I don't believe it is particularly dangerous, but smoking anything is not healthy at all.  

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2012, 09:07:50 PM

+1  I don't believe it is particularly dangerous, but smoking anything is not healthy at all.  
Cannabis smoke does not contain all the carcinogens tobacco smoke does, but it is, as you point out, still smoke.

That's why they invented these.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
SaintDevil

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Web Programmer, Gamer

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 10:05:37 PM

Its ok in about 10 years we should be able to easily regrow new ones.
+1  I don't believe it is particularly dangerous, but smoking anything is not healthy at all. 
That is right as long as you have everything in moderations. I was at a party smoked way to much hookah, next day couldn't even talk. lol

Join pyraming and let someone else host the equipment http://pyramining.com/referral/934khztg6
Only if it's legal where you are: Legal Bud
PM if you need to translate to Russian or the other way around.
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 11:16:09 PM

All the smoke does is paralyze the cilia in your lounges.  Which I don't consider harmful because it doesn't really cause any harm.  When you add the medicinal benefits of cannabis, I'd say smoking weed is good for you.  Not as good as eating it, though.

More importantly, weed has the capacity to cure any/every aliment/sickness.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
myrkul

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2012, 11:30:48 PM

It has been shown to help a great many things. Curing everything, however, I would place beyond even this miracle plant.

It is an excellent source of complete protein and amino and fatty acids, though. Makes good paper, too.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 11:55:10 PM

It has been shown to help a great many things. Curing everything, however, I would place beyond even this miracle plant.

It is an excellent source of complete protein and amino and fatty acids, though. Makes good paper, too.
It cures cancer man, from my research, every legit study I find has the same end result: weed helps.  The thing is, weed cures your soul, a healthy soul has a healthy body.  It makes perfect sense, it's grown from nature, a little piece of god.  You can't really think our man made pharmaceuticals can match with the work of god, the universe.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 12:03:28 AM

It cures cancer man, from my research, every legit study I find has the same end result: weed helps.  The thing is, weed cures your soul, a healthy soul has a healthy body.  It makes perfect sense, it's grown from nature, a little piece of god.  You can't really think our man made pharmaceuticals can match with the work of god, the universe.

This is grown from nature, too... a "little piece of god." I wouldn't recommend eating it.

Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 12:28:03 AM

This is grown from nature, too... a "little piece of god." I wouldn't recommend eating it.

Instead, focus on these naturally grown veggies Tongue

dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 12:40:29 AM

That's like comparing alcohol to cannabis.  You have to look at it for what it truly is and has been for over 5000 years.

Fcx35x10

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 12:54:40 AM

come on and legalize it in general already
myrkul

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 12:58:04 AM

That's like comparing alcohol to cannabis.  You have to look at it for what it truly is and has been for over 5000 years.
No, It's like comparing cannabis to a toxic fungi... because that's exactly what I did. Toxic plants exist as well as beneficial ones. you cannot say "Look, it grows upon the ground, as a gift from god! It must be therefore good to eat!" Nature will kill you just as quick as heal you.

Alcohol, THC, and α-amanitin all have one thing in common: they are chemicals designed by the plants and fungi that produce them to keep pests away. That one of those is non-toxic, even beneficial, to humans is happy accident.

tiberiandusk

Activity: 575

The North Remembers

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 01:37:20 AM

While sparking one up don't forget we might be getting Puerto Rico as our 51st state.

Bitcoin Auction House http://www.BitBid.net BTC - 1EwfBVC6BwA6YeqcYZmm3htwykK3MStW6N | LTC - LdBpJJHj4WSAsUqaTbwyJQFiG1tVjo4Uys Don't get Goxed.
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 01:40:34 AM

That's like comparing alcohol to cannabis.  You have to look at it for what it truly is and has been for over 5000 years.
No, It's like comparing cannabis to a toxic fungi... because that's exactly what I did. Toxic plants exist as well as beneficial ones. you cannot say "Look, it grows upon the ground, as a gift from god! It must be therefore good to eat!" Nature will kill you just as quick as heal you.

Alcohol, THC, and α-amanitin all have one thing in common: they are chemicals designed by the plants and fungi that produce them to keep pests away. That one of those is non-toxic, even beneficial, to humans is happy accident.
I was not justifying it's healthiness based on the fact it's natural.  I was justifying it's capabilities to cure everything.  I never said therefor.  If there would be a cure all, it would be natural, and if there is one, it would be cannabis.

AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 01:43:51 AM

Dude.. I have probably smoked more weed in 2 weeks then you have in your entire life.... Some of the stuff you say seems sorta Crazy..... Weed is great yes.. But smoke in itself is very bad for your body...

Unless you only consume your weed by eating it or vaping it, then you are doing much harm to your body.....

If it's a cure all why the fuck do I keep stubbing my damn toe? Weird ass deformity with the second toe longer than the big toe.... HIGH!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 01:47:04 AM

That's like comparing alcohol to cannabis.  You have to look at it for what it truly is and has been for over 5000 years.

I was not justifying it's healthiness based on the fact it's natural.  I was justifying it's capabilities to cure everything.  I never said therefor.  If there would be a cure all, it would be natural, and if there is one, it would be cannabis.
There is no cure for all. Cannabis and its active ingredient, THC, have negative impacts on the human body, especially when not used in moderation. Admittedly, anything that isn't food has negative impacts, and tobacco or alcohol are definitely worse and more prevalent.

The only ability cannabis has to "cure any/every aliment [sic] /sickness" is the ability to divert your attention from it, i.e. it is a painkiller and nothing more.
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 01:48:50 AM

I don't agree with this completely ^

Marijuana when used properly does have medicinal benefits.... Such as.... Not sure right now ask me in the morning before noon when I am more uhhh "not stoned" Smiley

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
myrkul

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 01:50:40 AM

Don't get me wrong, Cannabis is a great plant. It's a "superfood," does seem to have some anti-cancer properties, makes great paper and cloth, and you can even run your cars on it. But don't fall into the trap of thinking that because it can do all those things, it can do everything.

I mean, Amanita phalloides is a "cure-all" too... have one, and you'll never be sick again. Doesn't mean I'll be handing them out next Halloween.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: