Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:30:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: am i the only bitcoin user that has never seen silk road?  (Read 3090 times)
Lurk (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 06:55:18 PM

I know you need to use tor browser and im sure i could figure out how to get there if i really tried.

Just curious, is it all basically drugs and illegal things or is it a marketplace where you can find other stuff.

If I'm not looking to purchase drugs or illegal items is there any reason for me to see what this site is all about?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 07:00:34 PM

Not only drugs. There is also a legitimate computer equipment and electronics like video cards and cables or flashlights. But use different SR username and shipping address if you are going to buy legal item. They might be cops trying to harvest user shipping addresses and other information.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
chmod755
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2012, 07:01:21 PM

It's not just drugs, but I think most things are illegal in many countries (at least somewhere in the world)

I never bought anything from SR, but I registered an account a year ago to see what's happening there.

Quote from: MysteryMiner
Not only drugs. There is also a legitimate computer equipment and electronics like video cards and cables or flashlights. But use different SR username and shipping address if you are going to buy legal item. They might be cops trying to harvest user shipping addresses and other information.

Maybe… some SR users are even talking about it using their real names on the clearnet…

Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2012, 07:03:17 PM

It is mostly drugs and other small items.

Used to have weapons as well until recently.

Really nothing much to look at in there, but it is a necessary experience to see what SR is like.

If you are going to buy a legal item from SR, can't see why cops might want to harvest your address.

MysteryMiner
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 07:08:39 PM

I think most things are illegal in many countries (at least somewhere in the world)
It is absolutely true. In USSR in some point of history it was illegal to privately own typewriter or handgun. Typewriters are legal in USA as well as most handguns and rifles, but the same guns in most of Europe will get you many years in prison. The cocaine and heroine was legal to own and use in most parts of world in early 20-th century. Now the same bottle with the same substance will ruin your and your families life! And not by addiction but by cops and lawyers! The "legal or forbidden item" game is invented for retarded children to play. Real man get what they want!

Lurk (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 07:08:52 PM

so how do you order things if you cant have them delivered to your house?  I'm just kind of curious about the whole thing.
     If its not an illegal item why would it matter if the feds had my address.

also, is it wise to give drug dealers and probably gangsters your address?  especially if you make a large purchase. They could realize you have a decent amount of money and come track you down.
Isokivi

Activity: 910

Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2012, 07:09:00 PM

Nope. Ive been to the torweb also and found nothing of interest, never even bothered checking out silk-road.

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2012, 07:16:03 PM

so how do you order things if you cant have them delivered to your house?  I'm just kind of curious about the whole thing.

also, is it wise to give drug dealers and probably gangsters your address?  especially if you make a large purchase. They could realize you have a decent amount of money and come track you down.

From other user accounts: they pass on the address of an abandoned house in their neigbourhood.

Some also have their parcels sent to a PO Box.

But the bottom line is that anyone can order any item to your address, does not necessarily have to be you.

That is where the law cannot do much because they cannot prove that you have ordered the item that was delivered at your house.

vite
Legendary

Activity: 1018

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 07:18:02 PM

Never been at the S R

Anything that requires hiding your tracks must have something ilegal about it.

Transparency is the only way to go
Lurk (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 07:20:30 PM

hmm interesting......well if the media says silk road is basically the only reason bitcoin has value   I should probably at least look at it.

downloading tor now....if anyone wants to save me some time can you p.m. me how to actually get there?
MysteryMiner
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 07:21:22 PM

Maybe… some SR users are even talking about it using their real names on the clearnet…
I'm not using Silk Road officer Piglet, I invented my post from rumors I have read on clearnet.
If you are going to buy a legal item from SR, can't see why cops might want to harvest your address.
Probably to catch the lowest hanging fruit? I dont know about legal consequences for cops to sell real drugs but selling legal items is legal for them. Information gathering. Maybe some high profile member buys some mining equipment from them so they can catch him.
so how do you order things if you cant have them delivered to your house?
Please read the Silk Road wiki. It have covered almost everything from ordering to receiving item.
You might want buy something illegal later using the same user name. The less they know the better.
If you are going to buy any amount of drugs it is good idea to have so called "drop" that is unrelated address to you. And no, the drug dealers will not come to your address if they are not cops or informants. They don't know if you have money, drugs or anything valuable to that address. They don't even know if you are not a cop with swat team waiting them in that address. Or maybe large gang of other dealers that will goatse them.

Lurk (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 07:24:13 PM

thanks mystery..cleared quite a bit up
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2012, 07:25:51 PM

hmm interesting......well if the media says silk road is basically the only reason bitcoin has value   I should probably at least look at it.

downloading tor now....if anyone wants to save me some time can you p.m. me how to actually get there?

PM'd.

All the best Smiley

MysteryMiner
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 07:28:05 PM

Anything that requires hiding your tracks must have something ilegal about it.

Transparency is the only way to go
Practicing hiding your tracks from increasingly oppressive government is illegal? If You have nothing to hide can you please stream live webcam feed from your bedroom and toilet?

Having privacy and means to deprive Big Brother from possibilities to blackmail you is not indication of crime.

SaintDevil

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Web Programmer, Gamer

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 07:29:01 PM

I was there once, everyone was like oh it's illegal place and you should not go there.
Found lots of regular stuff for sale too like electronics.
Oh and they had this special homemade cookies.. Roll Eyes

But that's where most people who doesn't understand what bitcoins are coming from saying that bitcoins is something illegal.

Join pyraming and let someone else host the equipment http://pyramining.com/referral/934khztg6
Only if it's legal where you are: Legal Bud
PM if you need to translate to Russian or the other way around.
MysteryMiner
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 07:37:33 PM

Bitcoin technology is a new weapon in arms race that have given us years and years of lead versus oppressors. The Silk Road is only a demo what is possible with technology when the flow of money cannot be controlled or traced by government or anyone else except the two persons involved in transaction. The AML have failed to stop such things to happen, it only is used for Big Brother to know how much money You have and what taste of anal lubricant You buy. This AML nightmare will not stop financing Wikileaks, Al-Qaeda, Santa Claus or anyone else that is not favored by government! I can make a donation to Hezbollah within seconds with few mouse clicks and with total anonymity. With my Credit Card I can only buy kosher-enabled food at local supermarket and pay card processing fees.

Lurk (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 07:40:00 PM

i cant even get tor to work..it loads but times out....ahh well  maybe another time....curiosity killed the cat....and i dont know how many lives i have left.
SaintDevil

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Web Programmer, Gamer

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 07:47:36 PM

Bitcoin technology is a new weapon in arms race that have given us years and years of lead versus oppressors. The Silk Road is only a demo what is possible with technology when the flow of money cannot be controlled or traced by government or anyone else except the two persons involved in transaction. The AML have failed to stop such things to happen, it only is used for Big Brother to know how much money You have and what taste of anal lubricant You buy. This AML nightmare will not stop financing Wikileaks, Al-Qaeda, Santa Claus or anyone else that is not favored by government! I can make a donation to Hezbollah within seconds with few mouse clicks and with total anonymity. With my Credit Card I can only buy kosher-enabled food at local supermarket and pay card processing fees.

That would be pretty similar to cash. Except electronic cash.
I agree on the fact that we got all this credit cards and big companies managing it and tracking everything you do. I came from a small city in russia and had a hard time adjusting to use plastic because I have never seen anything like that.
And now switching back to the old methods.  Cheesy

i cant even get tor to work..it loads but times out....ahh well  maybe another time....curiosity killed the cat....and i dont know how many lives i have left.
What problem do you have with it?

Join pyraming and let someone else host the equipment http://pyramining.com/referral/934khztg6
Only if it's legal where you are: Legal Bud
PM if you need to translate to Russian or the other way around.
Lurk (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2012, 07:51:17 PM

i click on it to start....the little box come up... and when the browser appears it says its trying to load the tor project page  but just times out....my my firewall is blocking it?  I'll see what i can do
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2012, 08:01:33 PM

Are you facing this problem with Vidalia?

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: