Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:02:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Set-up to run up to 25 ASIC units  (Read 6266 times)
meowmeowbrowncow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 02:22:00 AM

^^^^ Re:  Long, informative USB stuff

Ok, now I get it.  Rather than the issues of collisions found in hubbed CSMA like Ethernet USB is multiplexed with the host controller as master.

I was worried that USB introduced collisions in the formal sense.  That would definitely be a problem for non buffered nonces every 70ms.

Ok, I can relax now Wink

edit:  I believe FTDI usb/serial chips have advanced driver settings to control payload buffering in the chip.

"Bitcoin has been an amazing ride, but the most fascinating part to me is the seemingly universal tendency of libertarians to immediately become authoritarians the very moment they are given any measure of power to silence the dissent of others."  - The Bible

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
P_Shep
Legendary

Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198

This is not OK.

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 07:38:21 PM

Gaah!

I've been looking for a nice low power simple and cheap nettop type PC to run my FPGAs and ASICs (if/when they arrive), but they all seem to be 19v supply. Which is terribly inconvenient when I have my nice efficient ATX PSU sitting right there delivering a juicy 12v.
The only 12v ones are over-priced (imo) and not well spec'ed compared to the 19v ones available.

Guess I'll have to use the power brick Sad
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 07:45:01 PM

Gaah!

I've been looking for a nice low power simple and cheap nettop type PC to run my FPGAs and ASICs (if/when they arrive), but they all seem to be 19v supply. Which is terribly inconvenient when I have my nice efficient ATX PSU sitting right there delivering a juicy 12v.
The only 12v ones are over-priced (imo) and not well spec'ed compared to the 19v ones available.

Guess I'll have to use the power brick Sad

What ever happened to your e3000? I thought you were using that to mine?

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
P_Shep
Legendary

This is not OK.

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 07:48:02 PM

I'm not entirely convinced it'll be fast enough for ASICs, maybe it would be... either way, I updated the firmware and put the wrong one on and bricked it :/
Tried the serial recovery... not working either.
crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 07:53:09 PM

I'm not entirely convinced it'll be fast enough for ASICs, maybe it would be... either way, I updated the firmware and put the wrong one on and bricked it :/

Ouch! Sorry to hear that, as your thread was my inspiration!

P_Shep
Legendary

This is not OK.

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 08:08:38 PM

Nice! That's certainly a lot more powerful then the router, at least 2x the CPU speed 8x the memory (though that's not so important). It would probably handle a few asics OK.

I wanted something a bit more powerful, I'll have 240GH/s when the asics arrive, also want to run a full bitcoin node, and probably use it as a media / backup server since it'll always be on.
crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 08:45:20 PM

Nice! That's certainly a lot more powerful then the router, at least 2x the CPU speed 8x the memory (though that's not so important). It would probably handle a few asics OK.

I wanted something a bit more powerful, I'll have 240GH/s when the asics arrive, also want to run a full bitcoin node, and probably use it as a media / backup server since it'll always be on.
Ya that's what I'm hoping. I got just over 200GH/s myself, but I don't plan on doing anything besides running CGMiner, so it should be adequate. I'm concerned about running it over wifi, but I can always pick up a usb->ethernet adapter as a backup, run 8 ASICs instead of 9, and still have the whole setup for under $75.

P_Shep
Legendary

This is not OK.

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 09:20:07 PM

I see there's a new version (III) with a dual 1.6GHz Arm Processor, that might be enough...
crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 10:14:52 PM

I see there's a new version (III) with a dual 1.6GHz Arm Processor, that might be enough...
I looked into that, and realized there are still a few problems. The MK802, MK802+, and MK802 II all used the same chipset, the Allwinner A10. This has been out for a while, so there is plenty of Linux support for these devices. The MK802 III, MK808, and UG802 switched to a dual core chipset, the RK3066. There are early, alpha builds of Ubuntu available, but with complicated installation procedures and many known issues (such as not being able to use the internal wifi). Because of this, I choose the older, but better supported devices.

P_Shep
Legendary

This is not OK.

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 09:01:28 PM

Got one of these off fleebay for $125:

http://www.zotacusa.com/zbox-ad04.html

Should do the job Smiley
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 12:07:29 AM
Last edit: December 13, 2012, 12:18:09 AM by Unacceptable

Got one of these off fleebay for $125:

http://www.zotacusa.com/zbox-ad04.html

Should do the job Smiley

Can it run win7 or XP  Huh

It has ATI6320 onboard video,should play minecraft pretty well,right  Huh

Got some customers looking to get something for thier kids to play that game  Wink

Edit: Yeppers,Win7 needs to be installed from a USB stick.Found the info here in the feedback.........I LOVE NEWEGG  Grin

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856173035

Some folks are talking about an overheat issue,hmmm  Roll Eyes

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
P_Shep
Legendary

This is not OK.

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 12:31:09 AM

Got some customers looking to get something for thier kids to play that game  Wink

Edit: Yeppers,Win7 needs to be installed from a USB stick.Found the info here in the feedback.........I LOVE NEWEGG  Grin

If you try and mine on it, it probably will overheat!

Some say it's cool, some say it over heats. I suspect the over-heaters are pushing the little thing beyond what it's designed to do.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 05:57:00 AM

If you try and mine on it, it probably will overheat!

Some say it's cool, some say it over heats. I suspect the over-heaters are pushing the little thing beyond what it's designed to do.

Cheesy  Definitly not for mining  Cheesy But for minecraft or websurfing it should be what my customers are looking for.Just a little concerned about that possible heat issue  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: