Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:56:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: to buy or not to buy  (Read 6363 times)
bitmarket.net

Activity: 323
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 02:07:09 PM

some exchanges offer margin trading.

you need to put some deposit yourself, but it might be an alternative, taking into account all that has been said here about the risks of trading with the borrowed money.

BitMarket.net- Europe's most advanced cryptocurrency exchange
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 04:14:51 PM

Buying with borrowed money isn't a good idea.
Maybe you can earn from these money but the bad scenario is if you loose.
Then you should look for another opportunity to cover the lost and would be stressful.

best advice: only buy something with money you really have. borrowed money stinks, and will give you a lot problems if things don't go to plan for you.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 04:20:21 PM

I recall people talking about getting loans out when it was over $1000. That was two years ago and that's a long time to be swallowing a monthly expense on something that's lost most of its value. I wonder what became of some of them.

Laying out for two coins ultimately isn't going to sting all that much if you remain underwater for a while but that would really get on my nerves.

Perhaps the most important question hasn't been asked yet - have you set yourself a limit as to how much you're willing to risk and would this buy breach it?

I could easily afford more but I hit my buffers and ain't willing to go any further. Threads like this are a prime example of how bubbles form and we all know how dull and protracted their aftermath can be.
MissionPhailed

Activity: 583
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 05:59:21 PM

Don't buy yet. (That is if you focus on short and mid-term trading. If your aim is to hold your BTC for years to come, chanches are the difference between $220 and $320 will be minimal by then)

If Bitcoin rockets on towards $350, then buying might be a good move.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 06:41:47 PM

Don't buy yet. (That is if you focus on short and mid-term trading. If your aim is to hold your BTC for years to come, chanches are the difference between $220 and $320 will be minimal by then)

As others would always point out: buy when there's blood on the streets and sell when there are sound of the trumpets. Wink But seriously though, you can't time the markets in any way, it is risky PLUS it would be riskier once you involve money that is not yours in the first place. Always invest/gamble what you can only afford to lose.
frostice

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 06:46:40 PM

in my opinion the price should rise even more so i would buy though thats just my thoughts
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 06:47:26 PM

As others would always point out: buy when there's blood on the streets and sell when there are sound of the trumpets. Wink But seriously though, you can't time the markets in any way, it is risky PLUS it would be riskier once you involve money that is not yours in the first place. Always invest/gamble what you can only afford to lose.

People don't dare to buy when the price is going down heavily. They always think it will go lower, and then they miss out on buying at such a low price. You need to have steel balls to buy when it's dropping fast.
MissionPhailed

Activity: 583
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 07:25:41 PM

Agreed 100% ... ! Though I gotta admit I just recently found out playing the game this way yields the most profit. My first steps into the world of crypto can be described as: buy high, sell low ...

Btw, missed the part about borrowed money. That's a not-to-buy at all times  Grin
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 08:13:24 PM

A sure fire way to lose your Bitcoins is selling them by thinking you are smarter than millions of market players + thousands of whales out there.
Im sorry but we can't nothing about it rather than keep supporting this amazing technology. For us, the best we can do is buy and hold (long term).
Sure, it sucks not having sold some at 1K, but 1K will be nothing in 10 years. It's worth holding through it, specially if you aren't holding a big amount.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 06:08:27 AM

A sure fire way to lose your Bitcoins is selling them by thinking you are smarter than millions of market players + thousands of whales out there.
Im sorry but we can't nothing about it rather than keep supporting this amazing technology. For us, the best we can do is buy and hold (long term).
Sure, it sucks not having sold some at 1K, but 1K will be nothing in 10 years. It's worth holding through it, specially if you aren't holding a big amount.

You must be right.
But this is not the right time to buy bitcoin unless you are ready to hold for some quite long duration. Because right now bitcoin price at the overbought zone. Buying is recommended after some confirmation about the current situation either it may go down on it would sustain at the current level.
dothebeats
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 06:50:01 AM

People don't dare to buy when the price is going down heavily. They always think it will go lower, and then they miss out on buying at such a low price. You need to have steel balls to buy when it's dropping fast.

That's when the regrets kick in: not buying when prices are too damn cheap only to see the price skyrocket. I've been buying at the lows and selling near the top for almost a year now, only to buy back in cheaper and enlarging my long-term stash. I'm pretty good now with my hodlings and planning to hold on to them for 5 more years.
Russtie Beerkan

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 12:46:25 AM

That's when the regrets kick in: not buying when prices are too damn cheap only to see the price skyrocket. I've been buying at the lows and selling near the top for almost a year now, only to buy back in cheaper and enlarging my long-term stash. I'm pretty good now with my hodlings and planning to hold on to them for 5 more years.

I'm pretty sure it's a good time to buy at anytime under 400 myself, but that's just me. Wink
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 06:45:27 AM

Very nice plan. I also wanted to do like what you're doing. But most of the people here were not buying when the price of around $250. Out of fear most of the people have missed the those opportunity I'm now looking for the buying opportunity within $400 levels.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 08:29:53 AM

I'm pretty sure it's a good time to buy at anytime under 400 myself, but that's just me. Wink

i would say under 300 now, before i would have said under 250, but it seems that we have a new solid checkpoint

400 is still not reachable easily, well if you are here for 10k, anything under it should be a must buy, but this is a different story...
dothebeats
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 08:36:39 AM

Very nice plan. I also wanted to do like what you're doing. But most of the people here were not buying when the price of around $250. Out of fear most of the people have missed the those opportunity I'm now looking for the buying opportunity within $400 levels.

If you believe that this thing is going big, you shpuld be buying even though the price seemed to be tanking. That's where traders get their large profits from, and a nice way to enlarge your stash too. Wink
sakira

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 08:48:27 AM

I believe bitcoin will be back riding.. but this time I was waiting for bitcoin down to $300 Smiley
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 09:23:55 AM

To every long term investor, bitcoin under 500$ is most probably the safest way to invest. Based on some positive news regarding legal feedback, and
fiat devaluation price is already increasing, and now just wait for capital controls and people using it as a store of value; and we're gonna be talking about >1k values again.
For me there's no doubt; it's definitely buy-time.
isvicre

Activity: 826

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 09:32:32 AM

I think it may be great time to buy right now.
What if we miss this huge wagon just like 2013? I would be so sad personally.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 10:32:22 AM

I think it may be great time to buy right now.
What if we miss this huge wagon just like 2013? I would be so sad personally.

2013 is a great example. So many people didn't buy and kept saying at $200 that it is too late to buy. After that the price reaches $300, oh no, again too late to buy, $400, $500, $600, $700, $800 nooo, now it is really too late to buy. $900, $1000, $1100 ohhhh, I don't want to miss out again, I'll buy right now  Smiley Cheesy
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 10:37:16 AM

Well amazingly we are going back up again today! Yesterday when I saw that we went down all the way ti $307 at Bitfinex I was pretty much sure that we will retest $300 again, but today we are again back at $323 at the moment.

It might be that we are going back up again. Especially with the fact that much money will arrive tomorrow to the exchanges that was wired before the weekend.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: