Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 12:17:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [DASH] Dash Price and Trade Discussion Thread  (Read 49073 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 04:20:24 PM

Dear Dark coin community,

What is the reason you guys want to pump this coin beyond Monero?

Best regards,
T.C.

Please repost your question with our correct cryptocurrency name .. thank you.
(which can be found just 10 centimeter below this post)

Actually I like the idea that this coin has the main use case of running Masternodes. It is a good thing from the perspective of an investor since (s)he knows there will be demand for the coins so it is unlikely to see a situation of no demand for coins.

Actually i think Dash main use case will be much more clearly visible in 8 months, this is just smart money moving in i think.
And its main case will not be about masternode profits (although the masternodes are vital to it).

What will be the main use case of this coin in 8 months?
Masternodes are a good way to lock the coins from the exchanges... Right now in Poloniex there are around 20 k coins for sale (give or take) so even a small increase in the demand of this coin will make the price to skyrocket.

Its about having an effective instant decentralized payment solution that is missing currently in the financial markets.

Oh I see... To me this sounds more like a feature, not a usecase.
The problem with cryptos in general is that there is very little to no use for them in the real world (other than trading on exchanges).

That is because Bitcoin failed to be adopted in the real world on mainstream level. Point of sales markets where you can pay for a product and have it confirmed with like creditcard speed
are just out of reach for Bitcoin with its 10 minute confirmation time and increasingly higher fees. Dash has basicly nailed this aspect and can therefore open many more (new) markets then Bitcoin
ever can.

Dash is currently like a wet dream for longterm investors as it is getting close to provide the complete package to the world (Dash Evolution) and has a great track record on delivering what it promise.

I agree that this particular coin has catched my eyes but I am not willing to pay the current price for my coins.
Much better to wait when the drop comes and try to bottom-fish... Probably I am going to buy next round this one but now I just need to follow the price movement and wait for the right time to enter.
When do you think there will be the next major correction?

Your guess is as good as mine, we still have a major exchange announcement about adding Dash to exspect .. planned for end of march 2017. There are some rumors about Bitpay adding Dash circulating
on Bitcointalk right now (just rumors, i have no idea if thats true).

Edit : Update with regards to Bitpay from Minotaur (reliable source) : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg18149043#msg18149043

No, Bitpay supports Shapeshift integration, but I don't see them supporting any other coins directly at least this year. Later on we will see if they change their position as the market continues to shift to multi-blockchain, but don't expect anything there this year. Neither for Dash or others. I know this from good sources.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 06:04:20 PM

Okay I will wait until the dump comes.
It is saver to buy when the majority is underwater and living in denial. That being said, the price I might be buying might be higher from the current price but the sentiment should be more favorable for an investor to enter.
I've learned my lessons already: buy whenever the blood is on the streets.
coinling

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 11:38:31 PM

Anybody knows Bitfinex and BTC-E Dash Wallets ?

masternode count decreasing by 200 last 4 hours. At least the active ones. But inactive ones could be withdrawing.

bubble might pop now.

qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 01:13:39 AM

looks like we have a correction, lets see where that leaves us.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 04:27:59 AM

Okay, I will wait.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 05:38:04 AM

hey newbie to dash here

can anyone tell me the 'main dash thread' to watch?

also off hand have a dash paper wallet but does not show amount when I bring up public key (only have 2 bucks in it in dash to test)

what am I missing is equiv of blockchain.info or anon coin other hoops to jump thru to see amount...again paper wallet

anyway thanks ..trying to find my way to the big proper dash thread on bitcointalk

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
K~Ehleyr

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Ooh, shiny things!!

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 05:49:47 AM

Hi Searing, you can explore the Dash blockchain here: https://explorer.dash.org/
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 06:23:43 AM

Hi Searing, you can explore the Dash blockchain here: https://explorer.dash.org/

heh...kicking self I did not get into this early....alas...another boat missed..but I did manage to make a paper wallet and put a whole 0.10 dash inside to test Smiley

Well you guys in it long term are likely smug ..good for you....

I have 100 btc clear (paid thru mining) just labor/time/hobby involved in that now

So....got these titan's sitting about still kicking out LTC...figure maybe some of that should just get www.shapeshift.io to dash ..they have ROI'd

lousy way to make a DASH miner..but hey the are all paid for (except elec per month) Smiley

reminds me of 2013 when my knc 550 gh Jupiter BTC miner  arrived oct 18th and btc was 1 BTC a day and 150 usd per BTC....2 days after thanksgiving BTC was 1k
I think I roi'd the unit in 3 1/2 weeks at 7,131.80 lol Smiley

I hope it works out the same way with the modest dash experiment I'm a doing too ..kinda pumping the same...a guy can hope

also from my dash 'newbie' view so far....something SHOULD BREAK from the pack into 100 buck coin as an alt IF BTC is 1200 and perhaps 3k this year

people like alternatives ...worked with me getting KNC Titan and mining LTC to BTC ..so MAYBE same logic applies..who knows

oh well....like satoshi said about BTC applies to dash..it will either be worth a lot of $$$ or nothing at all at this point in time it seems to me Smiley

off to play 'newbie' again in something and get on dash forums.....been a while...since I have tripped over 'newbieness' ..refreshing

later

edit: by the way is there a BIG MAIN DASH thread on bitcointalk...or is this thread pretty much it? IF there is such a more general bigger thread
I can take my newbieness there.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 06:40:22 AM

heh...kicking self I did not get into this early....alas...another boat missed..but I did manage to make a paper wallet and put a whole 0.10 dash inside to test Smiley

I have 100 btc clear (paid thru mining) just labor/time/hobby involved in that now

So....got these titan's sitting about still kicking out LTC...figure maybe some of that should just get www.shapeshift.io to dash ..they have ROI'd

lousy way to make a DASH miner..but hey the are all paid for (except elec per month) Smiley

reminds me of 2013 when my knc 550 gh Jupiter BTC miner  arrived oct 18th and btc was 1 BTC a day and 150 usd per BTC....2 days after thanksgiving BTC was 1k

I hope it works out the same way with the modest dash experiment I'm a doing too ..kinda pumping the same...a guy can hope

also from my dash 'newbie' view so far....something SHOULD BREAK from the pack into 100 buck coin as an alt IF BTC is 1200 and perhaps 3k this year

people like alternatives ...worked with me getting KNC Titan and mining LTC to BTC ..so MAYBE same logic applies..who knows

oh well....like satoshi said about BTC applies to dash..it will either be worth a lot of $$$ or nothing at all at this point in time it seems to me Smiley

off to play 'newbie' again in something and get on dash forums.....been a while...since I have tripped over 'newbieness' ..refreshing

later

edit: by the way is there a BIG MAIN DASH thread on bitcointalk...or is this thread pretty much it? IF there is such a more general bigger thread

Good luck with your mining operations / conversion to Dash (Dash also has ASIC miners by the way, maybe something to work towards in the future ..).

On the Bitcointalk forum Dash has the most viewed and discussed ANN thread here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.0
(that thread does get frequently visited by trolls though as its not moderated .. FYI).
For more serious discussions you can check our dash.org/forum

Welcome to Dash  Smiley

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 07:19:12 AM

later

Good luck with your mining operations / conversion to Dash (Dash also has ASIC miners by the way, maybe something to work towards in the future ..).

On the Bitcointalk forum Dash has the most viewed and discussed ANN thread here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.0
(that thread does get frequently visited by trolls though as its not moderated .. FYI).
For more serious discussions you can check our dash.org/forum

Welcome to Dash  Smiley

not sure of the shapeshit conversion rate on dash that I used to test my dash paper wallet was 1.43% on a dash amount of 0.11352895 dash

this is more or less what it is for LTC I think....again using www.shapeshift.io

Thus in that I own the pow scrypt miners (knc titans) outright now ..roi'd and there are NO asic miners for X11 dash in stock now (baikal) I figure this
works in the same manner as mining LTC to BTC did as a shapeshift feature

now the question is do I hoard or do I move to BTC after electric......I held a lot of LTC at 1.80 usd 8k or so and moved at 3.80 ltc...so maybe play the
same game (or just keep the dash if it hangs together as an alt to btc at the 100 buck range say?)...many options

I can probably move 1200 usd after electric to DASH should I choose to hoard a month after electric (3100 mh pow scrypt)

anyway as you can see from my logic....with difficulty rise in X11 and new equipment to buy X11...maybe just pump the cow I have (paid for)

anyway only game in town now.....baikal and others need to get some units out for me to be tempted..should have probably got one baikal at the 1900
group buy price here on bitcointalk but quite frankly the 35 DAY ..warranty chased me away

we will see...mining dash to a paper wallet with knc titans as the mood moves me works too ..and now no risk ..no ROI issues either

its all good (assuming dash holds together and does not pump and dump..then I will come full circle to the newbie angst experience) Sad

starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 11:58:41 AM

The price is certainly on an uptrend

Yep, and we have a new ATH : 0.0590000

Current marketcap, price and volume : http://coinmarketcap.com/

Incredible... now many others pumping also!

TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 12:05:10 PM

I wonder why bitcoinwisdom doesn't include this particular coin... It would be cool to draw some charts to know when to buy.  Grin
Or is there any other pages one can have similar type of charts of this coin? Poloniex's charts suck badly.  Embarrassed
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 01:38:36 PM

I wonder why bitcoinwisdom doesn't include this particular coin... It would be cool to draw some charts to know when to buy.  Grin
Or is there any other pages one can have similar type of charts of this coin? Poloniex's charts suck badly.  Embarrassed

https://cryptowat.ch/poloniex/dashbtc

By the way : i sent bitcoinwisdom a twitter about this last week, but i dont really exspect anything from it as it does not seem they
add new coins to it anymore (they used to have Dash when it was traded as Darkcoin on Bitfinex, but after Bitfinex delisted us back then that also stopped).

Nathan047

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 04:10:28 PM

masternode count decreasing by 200 last 4 hours. At least the active ones. But inactive ones could be withdrawing.

bubble might pop now.

Still going up, I'm curious to see where this goes though. Current price is 72.20$ USD.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 05:58:23 PM

bubble might pop now.

Still going up, I'm curious to see where this goes though. Current price is 72.20$ USD.

i think a lot of us are curious where this goes  Grin

Current price : $74.13

eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 06:28:33 PM

Dash WD fees have just been reduced by 80% on TUXexchange to adjust for the recent price surge..
It would be nice to get some market makers in there if you would be so kind, maker fees are 0%..

Congratulations to all you DASH holders!! I have recently converted one of my lending accounts from BTC to DASH myself..

I have been trading DASH since day1 on Cryptsy and it truly is a crypto success story that other coiners should be looking up to and learning from rather than trying to degrade for their own benefit..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
klama98

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 08:39:19 AM

Hi,
I developed a web site that allows users to receive free email alerts when DASH price meet a certain price condition (based on btc-e rates).

https://alerts-trading.com/

Price is monitored every 1 minute, 24/7. Service is provided free of charge.
Hope it's usefull.
Comments are welcome. Have fun, and happy trading.
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 09:11:24 AM

Hi,
I developed a web site that allows users to receive free email alerts when DASH price meet a certain price condition (based on btc-e rates).

https://alerts-trading.com/

Price is monitored every 1 minute, 24/7. Service is provided free of charge.
Hope it's usefull.
Comments are welcome. Have fun, and happy trading.

my comment : your site looks slick, nice job.

mastertrader777
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 05:52:03 PM

Whats up with the drop in Masternodes?

qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 06:33:41 PM

Whats up with the drop in Masternodes?

Something to do with crownings node thats keeps track of the active masternodes, it lost sync recentely and that shows
in the pic where it dropped to 2900.  

The part were it lost some 500 masternodes is correct though : i think it got to do with the update towards 12.1, the DDoS attack that followed after, and maybe some are changing hands in
OTC markets. Maybe some have been sold too.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: