Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:42:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [DASH] Dash Price and Trade Discussion Thread  (Read 49073 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ManualMiner

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 06:26:30 PM

How much do you guys make trading DASH?
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 07:04:32 PM

How much do you guys make trading DASH?

i dont day-trade, i just buy Dash untill i have gathered enough collateral (1000 Dash) to setup another masternode.

http://178.254.18.153/~pub/Darkcoin/masternodes.html

edit : i also have a feeling i would suck at daytrading  Grin

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 07:31:29 PM

It has been awhile since i last posted a Dash chart, so here is one from Poloniex : https://cryptowat.ch/poloniex/dashbtc/4hr

Dash seems to be moving side-ways in the 0.0068 - 0.0071 range  

Market Depth at Poloniex : http://dc-charts.com/depth_dash.php?ex=16&cu=0&tz=5&ar=1

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
gusterdd

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 12:32:07 AM
Last edit: November 23, 2015, 01:27:43 AM by gusterdd

Dash trend  is downward now.
need several weeks to change upward.
Dash transation is very small camparing to bitcoin.
Marketing the DASH  is important   to increase the transation number
one method is air drop or discoint by dash coin at comercial site in buying some product.

http://imgur.com/BoYV6J8

Interest : Mining Rig, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Monero, Dash, Bitshare
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 08:03:04 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2015, 08:37:24 PM by qwizzie

Looks like Dash is now catching some upward wind after someone dumped some Dash, making it temp. drop to 0.0062

https://cryptowat.ch/poloniex/dashbtc/4hr

http://dc-charts.com/depth_dash.php?ex=16&cu=0&tz=5&ar=1

Resistant little thing, isn't she ?  Grin

The number of masternodes has reached a new ATH today by the way : 3409
(http://178.254.18.153/~pub/masternode_count)
This tells us that a lot of the Dash currently bought on the market are put directly in new masternodes.

Which brings us to an important question : what will happen when the block rewards for both miners and masternodes will get lower over time (as planned with Dash's yearly 7% cut on block rewards)
and by then most of the Dash is put aside as collateral ? (remember that 1000 Dash is needed as collateral to run a masternode)

Answer : scarcity

Scarcity (also called paucity) is the fundamental economic problem of having seemingly unlimited human wants in a world of limited resources. It states that society has insufficient productive resources to
fulfill all human wants and needs.

Next question : how will scarcity impact price ?

DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 10:04:40 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2015, 02:37:48 AM by DrkLvr_

The number of masternodes has reached a new ATH today by the way : 3409
(http://178.254.18.153/~pub/masternode_count)
This tells us that a lot of the Dash currently bought on the market are put directly in new masternodes.

There are roughly 6 million DASH in current supply, yet only 3,409,000 in masternodes.

What makes you think "a lot of the Dash currently bought on the market are put directly in new masterndes" vs old supply going into masternodes?

Do you have any facts to back up your statement?

Resistant little thing, isn't she ?  Grin

Not really. You call a 74% loss in BTC terms since March 2015 "resistant"? Congratulations on your incredible success at turning 1 BTC into 0.26 BTC  Roll Eyes

Do you always try to polish turds or only when you stand to gain financially?  
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 06:12:04 AM

Time for humans equals limited amount and is valuable.
Energy for humans equals limited amount and is valuable.

For me personally replying to known trolls (check their posting history), is wasting time and energy.
In general i dont like to waste my time and energy.

qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 08:07:27 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2015, 08:24:39 PM by qwizzie

Dash volume traded on exchanges : https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/dash/analysis/BTC

it is still a bit shocking to see Cryptsy ending up with such low Dash trades / volume, also i'm not sure if they still have Dash withdrawal
problems or if they (Cryptsy) fixed it.

low Dash traded volume these last few weeks in general ...

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2015, 02:15:44 AM

https://www.coingecko.com/en

Dash is falling down the chart because of its comparatively paltry (and objectively stagnant) pace of development.

Dash had 1 commit in the last 4 weeks, while Monero had 71.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 07:48:25 AM

Dash is falling down the chart because of its comparatively paltry (and objectively stagnant) pace of development.

I didn't know anyone is still using the coingecko site as point of reference, most use coinmarketcap these days
as that site shows a far more clear and objective picture. I actually deleted my shortcut to Coingecko a few months ago
as they have a pretty weird system of "points"   

http://coinmarketcap.com/

With regards to Dash github commits versus your own coin github commits, do you really want to go there ?
Maybe we should compare the Dash commits over this last year with your own coin ? We can do that if you want..

Results will be pretty predictable though as Dash has been heavily developed over this last year and is working this
last 4 weeks on the next large update named Evolution which is still in internal phase and therefore of course not visible
on github yet.

Nice try though..

qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 06:19:22 PM

Lets take a look at the top 10 cryptocurrencies on Coinmarketcap longterm and try to see what they all have in common :

http://imgur.com/a/1BoPH

The name-rebranding had no impact on our current marketcap position (Dash is still firmly settled at 5th / 6th position), its just when Bitcoin goes
down it pretty much drag all the altcoins down with it and when Bitcoin rises again it will at some level drain the altcoins too.

Key to escape this drag and drain is focussing on research and development of your own cryptocurrency, make its unique abilities strong or stronger
and try to set it apart from the rest of the altcoins.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2015, 06:19:48 PM

I didn't know anyone is still using the coingecko site as point of reference, most use coinmarketcap these days
as that site shows a far more clear and objective picture. I actually deleted my shortcut to Coingecko a few months ago

With regards to Dash github commits versus your own coin github commits, do you really want to go there ?
Maybe we should compare the Dash commits over this last year with your own coin ? We can do that if you want..

Results will be pretty predictable though as Dash has been heavily developed over this last year and is working this
last 4 weeks on the next large update named Evolution which is still in internal phase and therefore of course not visible
on github yet.

"Internal phase?"

Legit FOSS is done entirely on github.  What kind of shitty project is developed in secret?  I mean, besides XC and Dash?

Gecko's points are automatically assigned based on objective criteria, such as github commits.

The only reason you think they are "pretty weird" is your butthurt over Dash being ranked as inferior to Monero.

LOL, delete your bookmark; that'll show 'em!!!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 06:26:43 PM
Last edit: November 25, 2015, 06:46:33 PM by qwizzie

on github yet.

"Internal phase?"

What kind of shitty project is developed in secret?  I mean, besides XC and Dash?

tjeez, i dont know .. uhm.. Google ? Apple ?  Microsoft ? Actually pretty much any company that is developing a product and are still in development stage and have competition to think about ...  

and with regards to coingecko, i think i deleted my shortcut after i found out that site gives Litecoin 74 developer points.... Litecoin of all coins.... unbelieveable.

Charlie Lee: “Litecoin Does Not Need Development Right Now”

Definetely a weird points system.

POM

Activity: 547
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 07:30:43 PM

Forgive me for my ignorance, but can someone guide me to a HOW TO guide on setting up a masternode?

Thanks  Smiley
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 07:54:29 PM

Forgive me for my ignorance, but can someone guide me to a HOW TO guide on setting up a masternode?

Thanks  Smiley

https://dashtalk.org/forums/masternode-guides.66/

(i would go with Tao's guide first, lots of detailed explanation)

POM

Activity: 547
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 08:07:12 PM

Thanks  Smiley

https://dashtalk.org/forums/masternode-guides.66/

(i would go with Tao's guide first, lots of detailed explanation)
Thank you! exactly what i was looking for  Smiley
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2015, 08:11:21 PM

on github yet.

"Internal phase?"

What kind of shitty project is developed in secret?  I mean, besides XC and Dash?

tjeez, i dont know .. uhm.. Google ? Apple ?  Microsoft ? Actually pretty much any company that is developing a product and are still in development stage and have competition to think about ...  

and with regards to coingecko, i think i deleted my shortcut after i found out that site gives Litecoin 74 developer points.... Litecoin of all coins.... unbelieveable.

Charlie Lee: “Litecoin Does Not Need Development Right Now”

Definetely a weird points system.

Hey fuckwit, Gecko doesn't "give" developer points.  Gecko's dev point scores are *EARNED* (NOT "GIVEN") based on objective measures:

Source Code Repository Activity

CoinGecko tracks the development activity of the coins via public source code repositories. The reason why we are looking at this is that some coins are no longer maintained by the developer thus those coins would appear very unlikely to progress over time. By looking at how much interest and effort goes around the development community, there is a chance that the coin will continue to innovate according to how the cryptocurrency market sees fit. (eg. Github, Bitbucket, etc.)

There is nothing "weird" or "unbelievable" about ^^that.

We know you are butthurt because Dash's Top Secret Closed Source BS doesn't count, no matter how much hand-wavey Evolusham code is supposedly being written.  And you are confusing companies (Google/Microsoft) with specific software projects.  If we wanted to trust closed source crap with our money, we'd use ApplePay.

Whining about coblee does nothing to make Dash look better, that's just more cheap deflection.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 08:18:13 PM

Your welcome POM

Some info that could explain why Dash took such nose-dive in price

The good thing of it all is that it seems to have actually excellerated the number of active masternodes and it will be interesting to
see how this continues price-wise, now that we know the cause and see immediate sell pressure has decreased.

http://dc-charts.com/depth_dash.php?ex=16&cu=0&tz=5&ar=1

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2015, 08:20:21 PM

Another day, another drop for Dash:

#R3KT

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 08:24:30 PM

Another day, another drop for Dash:

#R3KT

Thanks iCEY, someone did a poll recentely that showed that appearently all publicity is good publicity for Dash (61.5%)
so i appreciate your support in this thread.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: