Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:31:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: where to trade USD / BTC  (Read 1728 times)
HungryLaunch (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 07:21:55 PM

Please recommend where i can trade BTC safe & without fees ?
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fraxinus
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 07:28:27 PM

Hmm,you can buy btc on coinbase,localbitcoins is also a good option but you have to find the perfect rate for you and there are no fees.Also you can look at the currency exchange section here,there are members willing to sell at great rates.Hope this helped

anthonycamp

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 07:29:33 PM

i feel so less important here by beeing a newbie but localbitcoins its very good the rates of free tax but soomme latency into the prices.
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 07:41:04 PM

One option worth looking at would be Bitcoin ATMs, look to see if there are any near you:

http://coinatmradar.com/

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-atm-map/

I have used two BTC ATMs, they typically charge 5% - 9% over "spot".
BTCBinary

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 07:48:23 PM

Since most of the exchanges charge fees for trading I guess you will need someone to directly trade with you. You can take a look at the Services section.
zencomp

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★ Nakedbitcoins.com ★

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 08:20:50 PM

you can deposit in neteller and then you can withdraw it in you bank account. other exchanges are offering more than 5 to 10 percents as commission, in one exchange i have seen that in the peer it is showing 21890 btc rate but he is offering only 19k for one btc.

bct-user

Activity: 383
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 09:22:46 PM

recently coinbase have zero fees to trade.
or use arbitrage, use huobi exchange(china exchange), they have high rate and zero fees.
CoinSkipper

Activity: 136
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 09:32:35 PM

The best and safest is to trade IRL, with a friend. If you don't have friends, you can go to the bank. I don't have friends, so I usually use cryptsy.
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2015, 09:44:56 PM

Chinese exchanges are the only ones I know that do not charge fees. IMO, if an exchange operates without fees, it isn't safe to trade there. The exchange makes no profit from trades is not sustainable. Don't ask me how the Chinese exchanges do it. But I would rather make less from trading and use a sustainable exchange. They are less likely to run away with trader's money.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 09:48:38 PM

Chinese exchanges charge withdrawal fees don't they?

If the OP means actual market trading then swallow the fees and go for somewhere reputable. There are way, way too many crappy exchanges out there that no one's heard of.

If you want to trade BTC against alts then Poloniex and Bittrex are probably the best.

If you want to trade with USD then Bitstamp, Coinbase, Gemini and Bitfinex are good choices but it also depends on whether you want leverage. Some don't offer that.

Before you consider any exchange search for it on here and look for reviews, views and news. There are a lot of people who send coins or USD to exchanges when they know nothing about them. If they're any good they'll have their own threads on here and you'll be able to draw some conclusions.
tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 09:58:29 PM

The OP seems to be a newbie to Bitcoin. There are not many Bitcoin exchanges that do not charge a fee. If I were you, I would have a look at localbitcoins.com There are more honest users on that website than there are here. Go there and you should find a local exchange there that does not charge a lot in fees and gives you a good rate.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 10:00:37 PM

so I usually use cryptsy.
don't use cryptsy, i read all over reddit that this is mostly scam, bugged website etc.
there will be almost always some fee in when trading
FruitsBasket
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 10:05:05 PM

Hello Hungrylaunch,

I suggest you to go to this page: http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/markets/info here can you see all the exisiting exchanges and also it displays some extra info about the exchange.

Regards,
FruitsBasket

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
christycalhoun

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 10:06:45 PM

The only place I can think if is to find somebody to meet up on localbicoins. They may not charge the price you would like though.

bitcoinmar

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 10:08:26 PM

don't use cryptsy, i read all over reddit that this is mostly scam, bugged website etc.
Agree now they are taking too much fees now I am going to close my account because many rumors about them for last few days
bri912678

Activity: 348

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 10:23:50 PM

Agree now they are taking too much fees now I am going to close my account because many rumors about them for last few days

Cryptsy will be prosecuted for not having all the necessary money transmitter licenses needed to operate in America. There's a risk it might be shut down with your Bitcoins trapped on the site. The American government might want to take control of the site so it can analyze all its transactions to prove its been breaking the law.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 10:26:50 PM

Kraken is what I consider to be one of the very few exchanges that have good and quick support and a nice trading platform. Especially for me as European trader.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 10:50:46 PM

OP this really depends on where you live. If you can share with us where are you based, which country for example we would be able to give you much more precise information. Since not all exchanges operate in all of the countries and verification procedures differ from exchange to exchange and from country to country.

There are also no fee free exchanges in the western world, except in China as other have stated, but I doubt you are from China.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 11:10:16 PM

i feel so less important here by beeing a newbie but localbitcoins its very good the rates of free tax but soomme latency into the prices.

localbitcoins is less safe and often more expensive than an exchange.

exchanges only charge 0.2% fee or something.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 11:20:32 PM

without fees ?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: