Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:13:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Halloween greetings from the Crypto crypt.  (Read 1935 times)
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 08:07:52 PM

You target the average joe. I'm wondering what the average joe would drive to use bitcoin. I guess his local dealer wants bitcoins, he heard of the darknet, he has to pay a ransom or so. Since normally bitcoin is geek money and only geeks get in fire when hearing about it. And since the usecases for average joe are very limited i think it is hard to catch him. Probably the use cases are the way to catch them, how the product is named might be second then.

At the end, with Bitcoin we have a pretty perfect name already. It sounds like internet money. We would not need to advertise the crypto aspect.

Exactly. I have some geeky friends, and even they are skeptical of bitcoin since they heard the bad news.

So we have to be populists and target each group with different marketing style, with the goal of raising the demand past their fears of bad news.

This becomes harder and harder with the bad news piling up. But we definitely need a marketing team for BTC.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 08:59:09 PM

You target the average joe. I'm wondering what the average joe would drive to use bitcoin. I guess his local dealer wants bitcoins, he heard of the darknet, he has to pay a ransom or so. Since normally bitcoin is geek money and only geeks get in fire when hearing about it. And since the usecases for average joe are very limited i think it is hard to catch him. Probably the use cases are the way to catch them, how the product is named might be second then.

At the end, with Bitcoin we have a pretty perfect name already. It sounds like internet money. We would not need to advertise the crypto aspect.

Exactly. I have some geeky friends, and even they are skeptical of bitcoin since they heard the bad news.

So we have to be populists and target each group with different marketing style, with the goal of raising the demand past their fears of bad news.

This becomes harder and harder with the bad news piling up. But we definitely need a marketing team for BTC.

Well, i don't fear the news so much. I heard alot of good news in the last time. For example huge financial times explaining bitcoins. Not the blockchain, bitcoin. Even newspapers for woman in their middle life.

I think the fame of bitcoin is rising drastically. And the bad news are not so very important it seems. People forget, people will think they were simply not informed enough. Heard rumours only and now they read an article in the newspaper.

I don't fear the bad news so much. Especially the banks interest in the blockchain gives bitcoin a big boost. I mean if banks are interested then IT HAS TO BE important.

And banks invest in the blockchain because they think it's the future, then newspapers write about and banks thinks it has to be the future when newspapers write about... circle of fame for cryptocurrencies. Cheesy

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: