Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:11:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Alcheminer II 128mh ($1,299) 512mh ($4,950)
Would buy on expected 6 months. - 5 (27.8%)
Would not buy 6 months is dumb. - 2 (11.1%)
Would not buy. Price/mh too high. - 5 (27.8%)
Would not buy. Home Mining is dead. - 4 (22.2%)
undecided - 2 (11.1%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alcheminer II supposedly is coming out ..so this blurp says 128mh $1299 280 watt  (Read 1504 times)
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 06:32:36 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2015, 06:58:26 AM by Searing

This was found on the www.litecointalk.org forum for anyone interested...not sure how legit it is ...but here you go..the orig www.litecointalk.org link is below

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=28046.0;topicseen

Who the hell knows when it will show up on market...but considering I can get a  USED KNC Titan 1st batch now off ebay for like 3K it better be soon at that price

So 2 versions (see below) 128mh ($1,299 usd) and 512 ($4,950 usd)

anyway whatcha think ...too much $$$ and not out in time to matter much too boot?

quote from above litecointalk.org posting

Launched last year, our Alchemist successfully won 20% of the entire LTC mining shares.
Thank you all for your support of AlcheMiner.
Now to your delight, we are thrilled to initiate a new Scrypt project.
The AlchemistII will bring you a whole new level of mining experience!

About our team
Mr. Tom Soong, CEO of AlcheMiner, has accumulated abundant RTL development experience in Digital TV and Digital Media Player chips when he served Realtek Semiconductor Corp. He also supervised world’s first 28nm Bitcoin miner IC development project. Our engineering team comes from Mediatek and Realtek and boasts decades of system-level and IC design experience. AlcheMiner’s core team graduated from U. C. Berkeley, National Taiwan University, National Tsing Hua University, and National Chiao Tung University. With a solid technical backgound, AlcheMiner launched its 1st generation 40nm scrypt miner last year which relentlessly beat our competitor’s 28nm miners.

The brief spec is as below.
Scrypt 2 chip:
*Hash rate: 2Mash/s
*Power consumption on the wall: 3~4J(1.5J~2J/MHash)
*TSMC 28HPC tech node
*Full custom design
*The value may change in the real product

Miner:
AlchemistII-128
*Hash rate: 128Mash/s
*Power consumption: 280W(on the wall)
*2 hash boards
*Built in control board
*Plug n play
*Support BFGMINER update
*Traget reseller price: $1299
*6 month warranty

AlchemistII-512
*Hash rate: 512Mash/s
*Power consumption: 1150W(on the wall)
*8 hash boards
*Built in control board
*Plug n play
*Support BFGMINER update
*Traget reseller price: $4950
*6 month warranty

end quote from litecointalk.org posting
See the poll also

Anyway for whatever it is worth enjoy Smiley

edit re-read the above they expect these out in SIX MONTHS lol Smiley So yeah gotta love the 'optimism' on LTC and ALT prices don't ya know Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MarkAz

Activity: 687
Merit: 511

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 07:11:49 AM

Yeah, he announced it in the Litecoin section on here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1234009.0

They're certainly legit - they shipped hardware and many people have them... And the fact they're harder than hell to buy probably is an indication that they're good boxes.

In terms of the appeal of these new boxes, it's in interesting space they're going after... These will be slightly more power efficient than the KnC's, and presumably have support from the company - I did see that they seemed to be good about supporting buyers of their previous devices.

While the price initially feel high, I ran the math and it's not that far off of what you'd expect, basically about a 8-9 month ROI at my power costs.  6 months to production puts it in a nice place before the BTC halving, so I suspect they'll pick up some good sales from that...

The only other interesting thing when considering this as dollars to density, and in terms of that it's almost 2x of the S7, so you could generate twice as much money with the same power density.  Of course, LTC is much more erratic than BTC, so it could shoot to the moon or tank into a crater.  Wink

Either way, cool to see some new hardware on the horizon...
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 07:23:56 AM

Yeah, he announced it in the Litecoin section on here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1234009.0

They're certainly legit - they shipped hardware and many people have them... And the fact they're harder than hell to buy probably is an indication that they're good boxes.

In terms of the appeal of these new boxes, it's in interesting space they're going after... These will be slightly more power efficient than the KnC's, and presumably have support from the company - I did see that they seemed to be good about supporting buyers of their previous devices.

While the price initially feel high, I ran the math and it's not that far off of what you'd expect, basically about a 8-9 month ROI at my power costs.  6 months to production puts it in a nice place before the BTC halving, so I suspect they'll pick up some good sales from that...

The only other interesting thing when considering this as dollars to density, and in terms of that it's almost 2x of the S7, so you could generate twice as much money with the same power density.  Of course, LTC is much more erratic than BTC, so it could shoot to the moon or tank into a crater.  Wink

Either way, cool to see some new hardware on the horizon...

yeah my point is the usual .....the firmware sucks for every asic that comes out the first couple months.....so looking at 8 months...so maybe as a 'data hall' unit and
they can toss this out as a 'home miner' just to get some hype...but imho the real kicker when you read this is for IPO $$$ ..why mess with home miner pre-order newbies when you can go after the IPO folk newbies with REAL CASH heh

but I just don't see that boat flying on a 6 month timeline and those prices .....even with the gradual rise an accceptance of btc and ltc in the world and hoping it is reflected in price.

All I know it sure don't work in USA where I live at 13c kwh heh ...esp not 6 months from now

BUT on the other hand if they are CORRECT and LTC etc does pop in price and such and they DO SELL like 'hotcakes' I will be a happy, happy man ..in that I have TWO Titans so if those puppies can/could/will ROI ..then my Titans will still be going strong too under such an arrangement (whoo hoo)

Then again i believe in 'virtual currency" like BTC and LTC and unicorns and rainbows and fairy dust....so one needs to understand that aspect of all this too Smiley

(argh what if they are correct...I should be buying Titan's off ebay NOW if that is the case)

There 1150 watts at the wall for 512mh SIX MONTHS FROM NOW is not that
bad nor far off on a Titan at 1250 watts for 350mh...so.....go baby go.....if they are correct I'm hitching a ride Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
MarkAz

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 09:16:14 AM

yeah my point is the usual .....the firmware sucks for every asic that comes out the first couple months.....so looking at 8 months...so maybe as a 'data hall' unit and
they can toss this out as a 'home miner' just to get some hype...but imho the real kicker when you read this is for IPO $$$ ..why mess with home miner pre-order newbies when you can go after the IPO folk newbies with REAL CASH heh

I haven't had my hands on an Alcheminer yet, but I ordered a couple I should get next week, so I'm looking forward to it.  I completely agree with you on the firmware front, I've been slowly making a new firmware for the Terminator's to make it more versatile, etc... And I'm pretty sure one of the guys involved with bfgminer made a firmware for the original Alcheminer, and even fixed issues in the FPGA code, which is pretty impressive.

The biggest challenge I see from the investment standpoint is the return - a 15% discount for a high-risk investment isn't that appealing - something might stop it from being manufactured, something else might come out cheaper, something might crater LTC, etc.  Plus your money is tied up for that 6+ months... If you just bought BTC and held it, the way it's going you'd easily make more than the 15% discount, and you wouldn't have the same risks.

I don't say this to poo-poo the whole thing, on the contrary, I think it's pretty cool, but the deal isn't sweet enough to pull me in - I would be right there with you and just pick up a Titan and be mining for the 6 months while that's being made.
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 11:04:00 AM

Well seems I screwed up. I thought I could post this annoucement under MINING area. I guess I was not specific enough and have been bumped as an OP and this thread moved to mining (altcoins). Live and learn I guess?

So I don't seem to be able to reply to anyone on here with a quote etc... lets see if I can at least post a msg in the new area it was moved to

edit: well 'supposedly' I can post here I guess? Can anyone reply to me with a guote? (I've had no luck with that)

Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 11:49:33 AM

This is for the MarkAZ post above (I can't seem to quote) I also sent you a pm on here too.

Quote from: Searing on Today at 07:23:56 AM

I haven't had my hands on an Alcheminer yet, but I ordered a couple I should get next week, so I'm looking forward to it.  I completely agree with you on the firmware front, I've been slowly making a new firmware for the Terminator's to make it more versatile, etc... And I'm pretty sure one of the guys involved with bfgminer made a firmware for the original Alcheminer, and even fixed issues in the FPGA code, which is pretty impressive.

The biggest challenge I see from the investment standpoint is the return - a 15% discount for a high-risk investment isn't that appealing - something might stop it from being manufactured, something else might come out cheaper, something might crater LTC, etc.  Plus your money is tied up for that 6+ months... If you just bought BTC and held it, the way it's going you'd easily make more than the 15% discount, and you wouldn't have the same risks.

I don't say this to poo-poo the whole thing, on the contrary, I think it's pretty cool, but the deal isn't sweet enough to pull me in - I would be right there with you and just pick up a Titan and be mining for the 6 months while that's being made.

can't seem to quote you above since the move ...below is the project that DOES have working Alcheminer Improvements on www.litecointalk.org direct thread link below. Smiley

Here is WORKING complete firmware project for original alcheminers ...I guess the stuff is working good. The link is on

www.litecointalk.org

here below is the exact thread on what they have done with firmware improvements (in case you did not know this). If not I'd suggest you pool your ideas
with his and move on from what he has done. Smiley

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=27370.msg282279#msg282279

looks like they are kicking butt on the fixes there FYI. (I have a Titan but watch this thread for his progress and fixes etc)

good luck on your 'current' miners arriving

toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 11:22:45 AM
Last edit: November 03, 2015, 07:29:15 PM by toptek

Power usage is good this time around for there miners  but if the new Sha256 miners come out next year and bitmain does in fact lower there price with the new s7 at 3.5 th, in a few days, not sure how true that is yet, I'm selling my S5 either way, I'm selling them by DEC or buying one or two more, I see prices dropping  just because it's Xmass, and the new one from BM or who ever that was next year, the new one from Avalon, I keep seeing more and more about something about a Avalon 6, then there is SP with there 110 TH miner, I am willing to bet well see a home miner from them, they said , they weren't out of the home mining game, just yet, at one time, but well see.

5k for a 512 MH miner is to much and the only reason KNC got away with it they were one of first to break ground, they wouldn't now .

I would buy or may buy one of the 128 MH, maybe,I 'm not getting my hopes up any more for Script miners to many disappointments in the past with the L1 and Zeus doing what they did and all the Scam, rejects, that came out of that Zeus thing and I won't per order to risky  , the 512 MH this time around, i can afford , i won't buy, come out with a 256 MH miner at 560 or less at the wall for 1800 or less, sells will be better . if this even happens.

I know  Alcheminer came thu one other time, i all most bought one of the 256 MH ones a while back when it went down to 500 $, i think it was, but at 2200 watts at the wall , no way i wanted that power bill , so i bought one or two more SHA 256 miners like 2 S3 and one S5 etc, that kind of paid for it self.

I save my coins or hope to and only cash them in to pay the power bill as needed, so far that works for me.

Home mining is far from dead , you just can't do it like you could two years ago and until laws in the US or any were stop it or gear requirements, it more then likely won't until , I'm or most of us are dead and gone.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 08:21:09 AM

Searing

check this out , i know i want a A2 now . with this site i can see me doing really good. I don't mind the PPS fee, i would rather do it as PPS any way.

if it stays legit Smiley .  

https://prohashing.com/

MarkAz

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 08:29:11 AM

check this out , i know i want a A2 now . with this site i can see me doing really good. I don't mind the PPS fee, i would rather do it as PPS any way.

if it stays legit Smiley .  

https://prohashing.com/

Autoswitching pools aren't anything special with scrypt miners - I've used Prohashing, and also CleverMining, which is very similar.  At the end of the day I generally mine on NiceHash, since they pay a very consistent percentage above LTC, but instead of switching between altcoins, they sell the hash and split their take.  In general the return is not as much, but it's much more stable... I would say with the autoswitch pools it probably averages 115-120%, and with Nicehash it's probably closer to 110% with occasional spikes to 115% or more.

If you want crazy returns, the go solomine on some of the other alts, by looking at coinwarz or other indicators... I've wasted huge amount of time and gotten jack all, but I've also occasionally gotten amazing returns.
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 09:32:41 AM

Well this 'vaporware' project must have tanked....I've heard 'zip' for 4 months lol Smiley

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 09:44:00 AM

Anything that has ASICs mining it will be dead soon.Look at BTC,returns are dropping every week as the big corp miners add hardware to take over the network......

Scrypt may last a little longer as not many corps are making ASICs for it,so enjoy it while ya can  Wink

I've already given up on any ASIC type coin,goin GPU mining only,not much profit,but I can sell em later for almost what I bought em for at least  Grin

And I'll have quite a few backup gaming rigs too  Cool

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 10:04:00 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2016, 10:36:46 AM by Searing

Anything that has ASICs mining it will be dead soon.Look at BTC,returns are dropping every week as the big corp miners add hardware to take over the network......

Scrypt may last a little longer as not many corps are making ASICs for it,so enjoy it while ya can  Wink

I've already given up on any ASIC type coin,goin GPU mining only,not much profit,but I can sell em later for almost what I bought em for at least  Grin

And I'll have quite a few backup gaming rigs too  Cool

You are correct. I'm just riding out the asic mining due to dumb luck and seller panic.

1st Titan $10,131.80 usd with shipping and 4 months late and for 3 months the firmware sucked big time. (should have lost my ass on mining)

2nd Titan $569.00 usd including shipping (yeah really) from a whale in Australia (nov 2014 unit) who just wanted the remainder of orig coin back (bought a neppie at 1100 btc converted     this to a Titan instead) this was a panic late Feb/March 2015 when 'supposedly' a bunch of bigger badder scrypt miners were supposed to come out and blow Titan's out of the ASIC sea
 ...so to speak..they never came...and so I've been still mining equip that should have been doorstops BY July 2015.

3rd Titan $1,825.00 including $75 buck shipping. Ebay Buy it now for TWO NEW NOV 2014 Titans. (link below) via credit card and PayPal buyer protection no less Smiley I split it with a buddy.
this is what I paid for the one. It works. Its NEW. It runs full out. We assume it is the next 'panic' of folk (a corporation we think) who kept this stuff 'unused' due to the knc class action suit in the belief (likely wrong) that by not using such their case would be better. The rumors I have heard is KNC is winning the class action in a case by case basis with the judge in Swedish Courts.....in that is how this kinda thing is done there. BUT if you lose you PAY knc's lawyers and damages. With the 1.5k per 100 folk to get the class action going and such and..again the rumor is 3,500 each for damages....all these corporations who 'saved' the equip unused...and others will likely pay a total of 5k for this mess...and never got a dime
out the whole thing. Sad

here is the link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KNC-Titan-Scrypt-Miner-Package-/131792974267?hash=item1eaf7931bb:g:AQIAAOSwKfVXHr2z

I just heard of another KNC Titan being 'parted out' bit by bit also new.was told it also was a corporation who 'held it unused'..but the prices were not as good a deal as above..but still looks like a panic to me.

so the cycle begins again

(not bad for a guy who 'just' wanted to keep some Titans running into next winter to heat the house for free (or 85% there of) heat and the 0.04c cheaper per kwh electric. Looks
like that is NOT gonna be an issue as I thought this coming year.

So yeah you are completely correct. I tell folk to do the GPU miner rigs with cards IF they are hell bent to mine. You make 2x the amount a Titan cube makes (probably bit more
electric and hassle) but you can sell the card later when/if ethereum goes pos coin.

Truth be told thou. I tell them to just buy coin and hold it. If they want to play with miners for fun to get a moonlander 1mhz usb stick miner and a hub for 45 bucks and or an
8gh gekko btc usb stick for like 35 bucks and/or just put up a btc or ltc node (or both) if they really really need to see flashing lcd's in the basement and/or feel they are 'mining'

me....it just keeps sucking me back in..cause i keep tripping over folk (corps) who got trampled by knc back in the day (or now for that matter) and panic dump stuff.

but yeah ..I'm not into ethereum in any way but the GPU route is the only way to play it at this point in time. The new A4 Dominator Srypt miner supposedly coming out in July
is 400mh and 1150 watts and likely will be at the least 4k imho. A Titan you can get NOW on bitcontalk at 1250w and $2,500 with shipping. So even my Titan(s) can run
with this pack if they ever come out and I've already ROI'd plus.

Thou I think 'eventually' even GPU's will be moot for new coin speculation. LISK for example use virtual cloud machines ($5) a month amazon ..cpu mining to keep their network
up ...they call it 'forging' ...hell it is all 'doomed' to pos coins and $$$ eventually maybe

good to see you at least have 'some' kinda angle mining unacceptable......but unless they have an asic unit they can get to hang on like my titans there is NO HOPE.

i've been also telling everyone gpu mining makes the most sense. IF you are so 'addicted' you simply MUST mine something.

but anyway ..it is quite the silly hobby don't ya know Smiley

edited:

the BIG court case they lost so far on the class action. Again I suspect other losses but would you jump on bitcointalk and say how you lost yet another $5k to knc? probably not

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fdigital.di.se%2Fartikel%2Fknc-miner-stams-pa-miljonbelopp&edit-text=&act=url

used google translate

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 11:11:45 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2016, 11:21:52 AM by toptek

According to another post Alchemist went bankrupt on the lite coins forums how ever Innosilicon  A4 is due out soon with the all most same nm chip and price for there 128 is about the same.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1417712.0

Ive all ways been a big fan for doing it all sometimes you make out best doing it all :)some times you don't most of the time you do

don't put all your eggs in one basket so to speak,

Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 11:22:55 AM

yeah if you are correct in a previous post I'd expect the price of an A4 Innsilicon to be about 4k. IF it is 400mh and 1150 watts as specified.

still damn tough to get ROI on LTC at that price with difficulty rise that would result from their above data center of such and units hitting the world too boot.

Another difficulty increase 'arms race' as it were...

(then again I'm an old jaded asic miner from 2013 ..back in the day...vacuum tube miners lol Smiley (well not that far back ..still it seems like it with all the crytpo drama)

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 11:29:28 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2016, 11:49:40 AM by toptek

yeah if you are correct in a previous post I'd expect the price of an A4 Innsilicon to be about 4k. IF it is 400mh and 1150 watts as specified.

still damn tough to get ROI on LTC at that price with difficulty rise that would result from their above data center of such and units hitting the world too boot.

(then again I'm an old jaded asic miner from 2013 ..back in the day...vacuum tube miners lol Smiley (well not that far back ..still it seems like it with all the crytpo drama)

kind of but if  Innsilicon are the only ones then they own the scrpit market well never see one script miner new go below 1200 sadly unlike bitcoin miner makers if bitfury does come thu like they said the other day well have three big names there .I'm not talking about the DEC post bitfury made they made a update a few days ago and  said they haven't forgot us.

but with script coins atm Innsilicon is king with no end in sight .

I'm guessing on the prices of A2 Terminator even the titans but price for them can't say , A2  well see them drop but not much but id say around 400 for the 110 and still have a use for a while but

Unacceptable is right sadly unless they slow it down it may take a few more years but bitcoins or any of it may be gone .

Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 11:48:33 AM

kind of but if  Innsilicon are the only ones then they own the scrpit market were never see one script miner new go below 1200 sadly unlike bitcoin miners maker were if bitfury does come thu like they said the other day well have three big names there .

Well if you mean the innsilicon A4 Dominator IF it comes out in July 2016 as stated.....I still think it depends

1) is it gonna be a token unit kinda thing (less then 500 units like sfards and also that blink dash miner) just to show the flag for IPO $$$ for their 'private big (perhaps)
data center?

2) is it mostly to get the IPO $$ they needed (took like 5-6 months)  to build the 14nm assembly equipment at their chip plant...and as I mentioned such
could be used for 14nm chips to make of  a non asic type in the future..huge way to finance your infrastructure with little risk.

3) the above IPO $$ and the side equip 14nm equipment benefit of your NOW data center with equip/chips you built/own to dominate scyrpt. How many A4 Dominators
or bulk chip sales would you do if you were the only one (in say that 6 month period) mining the hell out of scrypt and LTC and were the only equip chip/game in town?

4) my Titans could benefit from all this. NEW equipment not a Titan end game only for equipment for scrypt coin. Could even make the price of LTC say jump from $4 to $6.
and at 350mh for a Titan at 1250 watts and an A4 Dominator at 400mh and 1150 watts I can still play this game and my stuff has ROI'd ..not to menton all the other
Titans who also have ROI'd etc. Then again that would work for say 6 months till other equipment folk jumped in with chips/equip at a $6 price. But just saying probably
would not hurt me $$$ wise even with difficulty rise in the least for that point in time if it sparked some 'excitement' and 'hope' in scrypt mining again with asics.

5) Will people 'buy' them? I mean really 400mh 1150w for 4k on a 90 day warranty? or Just get some GPU cards and mine Ethereum and as an example for the same
electric  miner 2x the $$$ in ethereum for 1/2 price of a current Titan Cube on Ebay? (of say $500) .the A4 would be much more then that. The 90 day warranty is
the killer for me..most asic machines did not even get a decent working firmware patch till month 3 at the soonest....

So anyway $6 LTC say in 6 months everyone would pile on to make chips/equip/maybe home miners/etc for their data halls and all that to mine big. IF Innsilicon is
smart they will make just enough A4's to peak interest...mine on their data halls themselves ...raise say LTC difficulty up like 20% and then have what happened
to the Titans..just sit as king of the pack for the next 2 years and mine LTC or other scrypt coins to btc for the next 2 years.

just saying...(then again they may just mine the hell out of scrypt and a big ass data hall and be happy with all the nice 14nm chip infrastructure they also got out of this
for use with other types of 14nm chips....call it a win that way)

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 11:55:22 AM

kind of but if  Innsilicon are the only ones then they own the scrpit market were never see one script miner new go below 1200 sadly unlike bitcoin miners maker were if bitfury does come thu like they said the other day well have three big names there .

Well if you mean the innsilicon A4 Dominator IF it comes out in July 2016 as stated.....I still think it depends

1) is it gonna be a token unit kinda thing (less then 500 units like sfards and also that blink dash miner) just to show the flag for IPO $$$ for their 'private big (perhaps)
data center?

2) is it mostly to get the IPO $$ they needed (took like 5-6 months)  to build the 14nm assembly equipment at their chip plant...and as I mentioned such
could be used for 14nm chips to make of  a non asic type in the future..huge way to finance your infrastructure with little risk.

3) the above IPO $$ and the side equip 14nm equipment benefit of your NOW data center with equip/chips you built/own to dominate scyrpt. How many A4 Dominators
or bulk chip sales would you do if you were the only one (in say that 6 month period) mining the hell out of scrypt and LTC and were the only equip chip/game in town?

4) my Titans could benefit from all this. NEW equipment not a Titan end game only for equipment for scrypt coin. Could even make the price of LTC say jump from $4 to $6.
and at 350mh for a Titan at 1250 watts and an A4 Dominator at 400mh and 1150 watts I can still play this game and my stuff has ROI'd ..not to menton all the other
Titans who also have ROI'd etc. Then again that would work for say 6 months till other equipment folk jumped in with chips/equip at a $6 price. But just saying probably
would not hurt me $$$ wise even with difficulty rise in the least for that point in time if it sparked some 'excitement' and 'hope' in scrypt mining again with asics.

5) Will people 'buy' them? I mean really 400mh 1150w for 4k on a 90 day warranty? or Just get some GPU cards and mine Ethereum and as an example for the same
electric  miner 2x the $$$ in ethereum for 1/2 price of a current Titan Cube on Ebay? (of say $500) .the A4 would be much more then that. The 90 day warranty is
the killer for me..most asic machines did not even get a decent working firmware patch till month 3 at the soonest....

So anyway $6 LTC say in 6 months everyone would pile on to make chips/equip/maybe home miners/etc for their data halls and all that to mine big. IF Innsilicon is
smart they will make just enough A4's to peak interest...mine on their data halls themselves ...raise say LTC difficulty up like 20% and then have what happened
to the Titans..just sit as king of the pack for the next 2 years and mine LTC or other scrypt coins to btc for the next 2 years.

just saying...(then again they may just mine the hell out of scrypt and a big ass data hall and be happy with all the nice 14nm chip infrastructure they also got out of this

sadly your out look is about right i do hope  Innsilicon doesn't do that but it seem as it's heading that way and A2 prices should drop some well Polly see a few  A4 sell on zoomhash for a week or two if your right then never again . GREED !!!!!!!

Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 12:03:20 PM

kind of but if  Innsilicon are the only ones then they own the scrpit market were never see one script miner new go below 1200 sadly unlike bitcoin miners maker were if bitfury does come thu like they said the other day well have three big names there .

data center?

2) is it mostly to get the IPO $$ they needed (took like 5-6 months)  to build the 14nm assembly equipment at their chip plant...and as I mentioned such
could be used for 14nm chips to make of  a non asic type in the future..huge way to finance your infrastructure with little risk.

electric  miner 2x the $$$ in ethereum for 1/2 price of a current Titan Cube on Ebay? (of say $500) .the A4 would be much more then that. The 90 day warranty is

sadly your out look is about right i do hope  Innsilicon doesn't do that but it seem as it's heading that way and A2 prices should drop some well Polly see a few  A4 sell on zoomhash for a week or two if your right then never again . GREED !!!!!!!

yeah again I might be OK for 6 months on such with the Titans..but quite frankly it all depends on if anyone else is gonna get into scrypt equipment and how much
of a data hall jump are they gonna get into...if they go balls to the wall on A4's out the door and big ass data hall and sell bulk chips in bulk (they did so in the past) it will be a fast rise of making $$$ while the sun shines for them..and then likely their real compensation is that nice new way to make 14nm chips paid for by IPO $$$ ..they make a lot more chips in their business the asic chips..this is a sideline...if they want to make a splash and get there name known for MORE then just asic chips that would not be a bad plan ......in that they don't have to rely on asic chips ...but they dang well could use it to pump the hell out of their 'fine' 'new' 14nm chip making products (non asic) and wave the flag ...look at us..

(damn scared self) Sad alas my Titans will 'eventually' be doorstops in some manner just postponing the inevitable Sad

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: