Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:53:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: is here any chance that bitcointalk get close after some year?  (Read 1109 times)
makcik (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 06:03:55 PM

so i have  a little fear about this that if bitcointalk.org get closed what will we do.and how much chances for it.and why?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 06:15:11 PM

If this forum closed, we'd just migrate to another forum/platform for discussion... And the chance of bitcointalk closing is quite low Smiley

Also, you should have posted this in Meta
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 06:34:22 PM

And the chance of bitcointalk closing is quite low Smiley

yup. many people considers bitcointalk.org to be the central (arguable, of course.) forum for anything related to bitcoin so I think this forum will continue to exist. not to mention that the owner of this forum have very little reason to close the site.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 06:36:17 PM

yup. many people considers bitcointalk.org to be the central (arguable, of course.) forum for anything related to bitcoin so I think this forum will continue to exist. not to mention that the owner of this forum have very little reason to close the site.

He also cooperates with justice when they request him to do so. So this isn't even some kind of internet target for three letter agencies Cheesy
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6581

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2015, 06:46:19 PM

If this forum closed, we'd just migrate to another forum/platform for discussion... And the chance of bitcointalk closing is quite low Smiley
Exactly. Even if bitcointalk closed, another forum would just take its place. Forum.bitcoin.com looks like one that could also become popular soon

pjsonowal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 08:30:08 PM

so i have  a little fear about this that if bitcointalk.org get closed what will we do.and how much chances for it.and why?

I dont think bitcointalk will ever close as it is one of the popular forum of the popular cryptocurrency.

extrabyte
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 08:43:19 PM

There are many other website which are copy of bitcointalk which have all posts and topics.

I don't think that the forum will be closed because there is a good revenue from the ads and i consider this forum as the main forum for bitcoin discussion.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 09:40:59 PM

there is the new forum coming, and anyway i've already found a substitute

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2015, 10:00:25 PM

Is there any chance that the number of trash post topics like these will reduce in the few years? Probably not.  Roll Eyes

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
TTMNewsMJ

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 09:42:31 AM

I don't think that this forum will be closing after some year.
If there's a possibility to happen this in the future then maybe there's a new forum for us where we need to transfer all from this forum.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Closing may or may be not but it is possible that the activity reduces in the coming few years as I've been a part of many forums and till date 3 forums I've been active on and that were popular have closed down. It can happen if bitcoin trading is reduced or signature campaigns shut down or the admins/mods don't get enough time to monitor this place. Now I don't reply on this forum completely but till I am associated with bitcoins, I cannot leave this place.

FruitsBasket
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 11:25:56 AM

This forum will never close, unless when the admin dies and no one can pay for this domain. But that would be a very little chance of happening, I think that theymos has everything worked out. And why do you fear it will be closed?

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
Parazyd

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 11:29:57 AM

It's nearly impossible for the forum to close. Especially now that EpochTalk is getting finished.
stingers
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1013

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 02:17:52 PM

The owner will never close the site(it always will generate a lot of income). Also, I don't think the forum will ever close down because of lack of people or interest. The only way this forum can get closed is if government gets cranky about bitcoins and decides to crush us all. However, this forum will face a competition after sometime from another emerging forum that is being run by someone(Roger Ver) who can well enough afford to give us a tough competition.
Zeroxal

Activity: 896
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 04:49:35 PM

The owner will never close the site(it always will generate a lot of income). Also, I don't think the forum will ever close down because of lack of people or interest. The only way this forum can get closed is if government gets cranky about bitcoins and decides to crush us all. However, this forum will face a competition after sometime from another emerging forum that is being run by someone(Roger Ver) who can well enough afford to give us a tough competition.
If the forum has enough power it will stay on the net, even the government can't do something about. For example Wiki leaks - it is hosted in a secret place and the government can't really shut down a site without knowing where the server is.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6581

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 10:15:29 PM

If the forum has enough power it will stay on the net, even the government can't do something about. For example Wiki leaks - it is hosted in a secret place and the government can't really shut down a site without knowing where the server is.
The server ip is public. The hosting is known and US based AFAIK. The government could shut it down, but they have no reason to. The identity of Theymos is known, and he is also known to have assisted the government with investigations by providing PMs to them regarding whoever it was they were investigating. (I think it was BFL).

Hariom

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 04:53:57 PM

this forum is the best place for discussion..
Dont say like that .. i like this forum much now..
i m really addicted to it..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: