Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:14:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] 1Broker.io - Trade forex, indices, stocks and commodities  (Read 103016 times)
Venusianism

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 11:42:58 PM

What leverage is everyone using to ride out most of the market swings as i keep screwing up and getting it wrong?

We all did. Big players manipulated USD markets to make lots of ppl lose & ensure they can snatch the most advantageous position entries for themselves, this week. Use the leverage settings indicated in bolded text here as a guide and it'll be exceedingly difficult for you to get margin-call'd.

Invest in the future ; Doesn't have to be Bitcoin.
DirkBlik

Activity: 78

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 12:11:28 AM

I've been way off as the lowest i've tried is 1:50.

Thanks dude. Smiley
bobcaticus

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 10:21:35 PM

I'd really really like to use 1broker, however the lag and latency issues are too much.  It happened yesterday in a crucial moment and i lost everything.  Contacted Patrick in support, gave him as much information as I could and haven't heard back so I guess i'm S.O.L.
You will get a refund, as everyone else of course. Can you contact us again with your position details, please?
(Amount used - Market Entry - Leverage used - Long/Short - Estimated Loss because of the outage)

Email sent on Friday 3/20 10am, your response times seem to lag more than the website. 
exxe (OP)

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 09:51:52 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2015, 10:24:36 AM by exxe

I'd really really like to use 1broker, however the lag and latency issues are too much.  It happened yesterday in a crucial moment and i lost everything.  Contacted Patrick in support, gave him as much information as I could and haven't heard back so I guess i'm S.O.L.
You will get a refund, as everyone else of course. Can you contact us again with your position details, please?
(Amount used - Market Entry - Leverage used - Long/Short - Estimated Loss because of the outage)

Email sent on Friday 3/20 10am, your response times seem to lag more than the website.  
Have not received a message. Please send it again. You can also send me a PM here in the forum.

bobcaticus

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 11:53:46 PM

I'd really really like to use 1broker, however the lag and latency issues are too much.  It happened yesterday in a crucial moment and i lost everything.  Contacted Patrick in support, gave him as much information as I could and haven't heard back so I guess i'm S.O.L.

Have not received a message. Please send it again. You can also send me a PM here in the forum.

yeah, it was pretty useless wasting a whole week, screenshots and 10 emails trying to tell Patrick that the website lagged during a buy period. 

I won't be using or recommending you again.  Good luck.
Pizpie
Legendary

Activity: 971
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 08:42:42 AM

yeah, it was pretty useless wasting a whole week, screenshots and 10 emails trying to tell Patrick that the website lagged during a buy period. 

I won't be using or recommending you again.  Good luck.

Some people complain about lag during certain times and expect refunds, I remember a month ago when finex and OKcoin cost people ten's of thousands of dollars and they said nothing, and did not refund anyone. Support from 1broker has gone above and beyond any other exchange out there. They don't need to issue refunds, but they do. - You use all exchanges at your own risk - Remember all these markets are new, unregulated, and still working out the kinks.

I'm on Twitter: @mBTCPizpie
exxe (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 09:34:37 AM

I won't be using or recommending you again.  Good luck.

Hi bobcaticus,
I'm sorry to hear that. Generally, we will pay a refund if there was a malfunction of our trading platform, every time. As mentioned in our emails to you, we need a verifiable explanation of what exactly happened. You repeatedly said, that the market "lagged", but we cannot use this information for a refund. (We need something like: Tried to close the position X at 2015-03-26 12:00 UTC, but the market was not updating/website was down)
I read all your messages, again but I cannot find any details other than lagging and a reference to a position, which was open for less than a minute, in time-frame when we had no known problems.

Please also note, that we cannot refund missed market-entry opportunities, for logical reasons.
You are free to post all details here in the forum thread, of course. Maybe someone knows something about the problems you had.

best regards!
Rage19420

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 08:12:47 PM

I think what people expect is insta-buy/sell at FOMO price swings. But considering that there's thousands of orders trying to fill at the same time across the board, it's unrealistic IMO. Place your trade accordingly and carefully. Blindly knife catching at extreme volatile events + typical price slippage = rekt.
bobcaticus

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 09:26:49 PM

I think what people expect is insta-buy/sell at FOMO price swings. But considering that there's thousands of orders trying to fill at the same time across the board, it's unrealistic IMO. Place your trade accordingly and carefully. Blindly knife catching at extreme volatile events + typical price slippage = rekt.

that wasn't the deal, thanks for speculating.
bobcaticus

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 09:30:50 PM

Hi bobcaticus,
I'm sorry to hear that. Generally, we will pay a refund if there was a malfunction of our trading platform, every time. As mentioned in our emails to you, we need a verifiable explanation of what exactly happened. You repeatedly said, that the market "lagged", but we cannot use this information for a refund. (We need something like: Tried to close the position X at 2015-03-26 12:00 UTC, but the market was not updating/website was down)
I read all your messages, again but I cannot find any details other than lagging and a reference to a position, which was open for less than a minute, in time-frame when we had no known problems.

Please also note, that we cannot refund missed market-entry opportunities, for logical reasons.
You are free to post all details here in the forum thread, of course. Maybe someone knows something about the problems you had.

best regards!

as per the emails i sent:

2. Position was possibly opened as expected, due to lag I did not see it hit live.
3. Tried to close position but 1Broker was unreachable for 2 or so minutes.
4. Position closed immediately.

YourNewGod

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 12:48:09 PM

Hi bobcaticus,

best regards!

2. Position was possibly opened as expected, due to lag I did not see it hit live.

Same shit happened here. When EU spiked, I couldn't do anything.
On a 2nd spike, website stopped responding.

Platform has to be worked a lot. Response time is too big.
exxe (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 12:31:36 AM

Hi bobcaticus,
after some internal discussions about your problem, we decided to refund you the loss of the affected position. (which was already credited to your account) Although we cannot find evidence about technical problems on our side at the time of your trade, we want to act in good faith, here.

@all: Please do not trade on our platform if you have any sort of connectivity problems. In order to fix these issues, please send us a detailed report (time stamp, error message), instead.

PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 09:25:05 AM

AUDUSD-159674
AUDUSD-158275

Been trying to close these out for a while, it says it is successful but it wont close.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

exxe (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 10:07:32 AM

AUDUSD-159674
AUDUSD-158275

Been trying to close these out for a while, it says it is successful but it wont close.
Markets are closed on weekends: https://1broker.com/?c=market_hours

best regards!
swapman

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 11:48:16 PM

Suggestion: Would be nice if there was a simple mobile (android) app to monitor prices and close out open positions while on the run.

Questions:

1. When one uses the entire cash balance to enter a position, and generates finance charges which puts cash balance into negative, does the system make sure that the 80% SL (depending on leverage) leaves enough to cover the balance or how does that get worked out otherwise? I'm picturing some scenario where someone holds a highly leveraged position for a really long time, to the point of Stop Loss, and generating a negative cash balance from financing that is not covered by the residual position value after SL, how does the system manage that ?

2. You have said in this thread that you hedge some positions (like any market maker does), what liquidity provider do you use to do this? And are they processing the trades in bitcoin or fiat? If fiat, what bank is cool enough to let you both work with bitcoin and provide financial services unregulated?

3. Do you provide any statistics on what % of traders make money vs. not make money, or what kind of interesting trends or behavior you see out of traders at different leverage levels? If you aren't willing to publicize this kind of data, would you be willing to provide it for academic research purposes under strict confidentiality? Contact me: swapman (at) outlook.dk if youre interested (after that I can give you my uni email to show im not just playing games)

Great service BTW.
exxe (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 10:05:58 PM

1. You are right. We are constantly checking for accounts in danger of going into a negative net value, and contact the affected users if necessary. Generally, this is a really small issue, however.
2. Of course hedging only works with fiat markets, since I do not know any other Bitcoin settled CFD/Future markets for all of our contracts. Since most of our markets are long-term balanced in regards of long and short positions, we hardly need to hedge with high volumes. (therefore we have no big problems with banks) Although many people predicted the inevitable collapse of our business, because of our hedging strategies, we actually never had an issue with this. We are making stable profits.
3. Contact us per mail, and not in a public forum, if you have requests about doing academic research!

best regards!
kokes

Activity: 66

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 12:40:34 PM

I've seen some posts beginning of 2015 about an API release " in the coming months" and "very soon".
Can you guys give us an update on this?

Thanks
cevarius

Activity: 109

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 08:14:12 PM

I've seen some posts beginning of 2015 about an API release " in the coming months" and "very soon".

And also any progress on trailing orders/stops. Thanks!
Pizpie
Legendary

Activity: 971

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 09:14:58 PM

Thanks

Hey, if you're subscribed to the newsletter, you will be notified as soon as we have news about all of 1brokers development schedules and releases. The API release is about a month away. Smiley

I'm on Twitter: @mBTCPizpie
capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2404
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 01:06:59 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2015, 02:16:06 AM by capoeira

man i'm not recieving the sms codes anymore. even after changing gateway. hope BTC will not break the support

EDIT: support broken allready :-(

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: