Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:59:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] 1Broker.io - Trade forex, indices, stocks and commodities  (Read 103014 times)
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 07:19:23 PM

My suggestion would be to stop trying to be a serious trading platform, but basically admit to being a bucket shop and target your service to gamblers. ie http://financials.williamhill.com/

Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
exxe (OP)

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 08:13:33 PM

My suggestion would be to stop trying to be a serious trading platform, but basically admit to being a bucket shop and target your service to gamblers. ie http://financials.williamhill.com/
I think I gave honest and clear answers about this in my previous posts. I think there is nothing to "admit".

Of course CFDs can be used as a pure gambling instrument, but especially with low leverages it is definitely possible to trade in more "serious" way.
jokerdragon

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 04:42:02 PM

Ok. Here I come with my report:

1st --> 'exxe' have been far away the most serious administrator of all this BTC investment sites. His site is not a gambling site, and by the way, the code under the site is truly a genius piece of art. The refresh are faster from any other site, even when dealing with all stocks, indexs, commodities, btcs, all at same time. The values showed are always correct and updated.

2nd --> My comunication with 'exxe' really have leveraged myself as a trader and as a person. I fully recommend this service(1broker), since all my experience with him leads to confidence and trustfull.

Just my 2 cents  Cool
pizzaman1337

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 03:08:54 PM

Bad News:
We have to close BTCUSD market (at least temporarily)
https://1broker.com/?c=news&newsid=5

While these are really bad news this opens the possibility that we redefine us and offer a DMA (Direct market access) trading in the future and solve the "bucket shop" discussions.

Is it still closed? I'm not seeing anything that indicates that it is on the trading screen, but I haven't seen an announcement that it's open again.
jokerdragon

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 03:42:39 PM

Bad News:
We have to close BTCUSD market (at least temporarily)
https://1broker.com/?c=news&newsid=5

While these are really bad news this opens the possibility that we redefine us and offer a DMA (Direct market access) trading in the future and solve the "bucket shop" discussions.

Is it still closed? I'm not seeing anything that indicates that it is on the trading screen, but I haven't seen an announcement that it's open again.

on BTC/USD tab it shows:

"BTC/USD
Characteristics
Type Forex    WKN -    Symbol BTCUSD
Currency BTC/USD    Max. Leverage 5    Current Spread 0.151
Description
*** This market is currently closed.***

This is the exchange rate between Bitcoin and the U.S. Dollar. The rate is calculated with market data from Mt.Gox, the biggest Bitcoin exchange available. If other exchanges reach a similar level of volume and stability they will also affect the price of this CFD.   
Bid    Ask    Update
12:41:16 PM"
pizzaman1337

View Profile
March 16, 2013, 08:29:47 PM

Got it, I had clicked directly on the long/short buttons from the Forex tab. Any ETA for when it will reopen?
001sonkit

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Casper - A failed entrepenuer who looks like Zhou

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2013, 08:31:00 AM

Ok. Here I come with my report:

1st --> 'exxe' have been far away the most serious administrator of all this BTC investment sites. His site is not a gambling site, and by the way, the code under the site is truly a genius piece of art. The refresh are faster from any other site, even when dealing with all stocks, indexs, commodities, btcs, all at same time. The values showed are always correct and updated.

2nd --> My comunication with 'exxe' really have leveraged myself as a trader and as a person. I fully recommend this service(1broker), since all my experience with him leads to confidence and trustfull.

Just my 2 cents  Cool

Couldn't agreed more. exxe is very responsible for his own site and have quick response, he is open for suggestion and ideastoo. Thou Leverage service for Bitcoin is closed now becuase of market manipulations , but you can still play with other indexes and forex. Perhaps he is thinking of new method to prevent manipulations and things to relaunch in farther future. Really look forward to his news

GEMINI ACCOUNT REVIEW - Source of Funds Request
exxe (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 06:33:00 PM

Any ETA for when it will reopen?
I still can't guarantee that this market comes back at all.

Sorry.

pizzaman1337

View Profile
March 18, 2013, 01:24:41 AM

Any ETA for when it will reopen?
I still can't guarantee that this market comes back at all.

Sorry.

Could you set it up so that it must be held for at least 1 hour? It's highly unlikely the market could be manipulated against you with the probable volume in that amount of time. (or more than 1 hour, whatever you deem safe).

Basically, I want to go long on BTCUSD and hold for a while.
exxe (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 06:38:42 PM

Could you set it up so that it must be held for at least 1 hour?
Sorry for the delayed response: No. This doesn't fix the root of the problem. The BTC/USD market has not (yet) enough volume for providing a CFD in this way. Therefore we can't bring back BTCUSD in the near future. Sorry.

However, today we finally added smsTAN, our SMS-based two-factor authentication along with other updates:
Platform update (March 2013)

SMS-based two-factor authentication
We are always striving to continually improve the security of our customers and we are happy to announce the implementation of smsTAN, our two-factor SMS authentication system for all customers. We hope this will give you piece of mind whilst improving your user experience and security. Once you have enabled this system it will send you a private code via SMS text when a withdrawal is requested, this keeps you safe in the unlikely event your log-in credentials are compromised. You can enable this feature in your account settings, for no additional costs.

Other things that were updated:
- Multiple visual improvements
- Updated the Terms of Service
- Login is now possible with the email address too
- Added some frequently asked questions
- Dozens of minor bug fixes

We are currently working on lot's of other cool new features, like Stop-Loss/Limit orders and new markets. But this takes a few more weeks...

Thanks for using 1Broker.

This raises the question, if we should abandon our Master Key system to avoid that customers feel secure with the old system. (which is still the default one)
What do you think?
capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2388
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 12:05:35 AM

perhaps this is a dumb question but I don't get it:

Since prices are in dolars; how do I know how much I buy for a Bitcoin? For example, if Facebook is $500 and I buy it for 1 coin....how do I know how much I will buy? Sure, after closing the position, it doesn't realy matter....if it goes up 1% it goes up 1%; but it is dificult to see how much % I will pay with the spread giving

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 12:21:35 AM

Since prices are in dolars; how do I know how much I buy for a Bitcoin? For example, if Facebook is $500 and I buy it for 1 coin....how do I know how much I will buy? Sure, after closing the position, it doesn't realy matter....if it goes up 1% it goes up 1%; but it is dificult to see how much % I will pay with the spread giving
You never buy any shares. You buy a contract for difference.
capoeira
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 09:58:41 AM

You never buy any shares. You buy a contract for difference.

ok, I understand; but how do I know how much spread I will pay for a trade?

picobit

Activity: 547
Merit: 500

Decor in numeris

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 06:22:34 PM

plus500.com is now offering a CFD on the BTC/USD price, but they have the severe handicap of not handling deposits/withdrawals in bitcoin but in USD  Grin

Perhaps you can work out how they prevent the manipulation problem, and then do the same.  (Or perhaps they have not solved the problem and will close that instrument soon.)
exxe (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 09:53:40 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2013, 11:34:22 AM by exxe

ok, I understand; but how do I know how much spread I will pay for a trade?
The spread is the difference between the bid and ask price. It heavily depends on the market and on the leverage you use, but usually it costs you far below 1%. Contact me if you would like to have specific calculations.

plus500.com is now offering a CFD on the BTC/USD price, but they have the severe handicap of not handling deposits/withdrawals in bitcoin but in USD
Perhaps you can work out how they prevent the manipulation problem, and then do the same.  (Or perhaps they have not solved the problem and will close that instrument soon.)
Honestly I think they did not solve the problem, but we will see soon. For the BTCUSD CFD on 1Broker I think I have good news is the near future Smiley
picobit

Activity: 547
Merit: 500

Decor in numeris

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:40:32 PM

For the BTCUSD CFD on 1Broker I think I have good news is the near future Smiley
How near is the near future? :-)
scalar33

Activity: 65

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 11:39:06 AM

Any chance of getting a few more indices, and a lot more stocks?

62 Posts  BTC: 12UByjpZgQMV1j8Hg8KQuztGbmfb2aD5HM
capoeira
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 12:18:21 PM

how about a demo-account?

exxe (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 12:25:36 AM

BTC/USD and new order types!

We are happy to announce that the BTC/USD contract is back. Trading will open in the next 24 hours. We fundamentally changed our market making algorithm which should now make price manipulation very difficult. Additionally we algorithmically check for suspicious correlations between trading behaviour and the underlying market.

We also introduced an interest system on the BTC/USD market which should lead to a balance of long and short positions and reduce our risks for this market.

You can find all information about the new BTC/USD contract here.

New order types
Our implementation of Limit and Stop-Buy orders is finally done, too. These new order types will greatly improve the possibility to open positions at a desired price.

There is also a new favicon and an improved UI to open positions.

Happy trading!

how about a demo-account?
It's on the TODO list, but new users can play around with very small amounts in the meantime.
rini17

Activity: 340
Merit: 250

GO http://bitcointa.lk !!! My new nick: jurov

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 02:44:41 PM

BTC/USD and new order types!

Congrats, it made me want to try it.. but then I found hard to believe claims on your Security page: https://1broker.com/?c=about_security

The web platform was developed from scratch to avoid security problems of frameworks or libraries.
Although we are confident about our security know-how we will hire 3rd party penetration testers from time to time.

What? Did you hire D.J.Bernstein or such luminary to develop secure web platform from scratch? With periodic pentests, gun-guarded DC, etc, etc... and that all from some students' savings?

Either you got serious investment and then the question is, why the investor cannot reveal themselves .. or above claims are just delusions, like the "godaddy secured" seal. I know well how much approximately can bitcoin platform with 9k orders and 300 users make, so am inclined to assume the latter.

CoinBr.com: First online MPEx brokerage launched beta! Easy to use interface and reasonable fees. Charts for MPEx stocks: live.coinbr.com * My Blog *
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: