Bitcoin Forum
December 12, 2017, 04:49:02 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].
 
   Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PPA for Ubuntu/Debian/Linux  (Read 563 times)
allgoodthings1
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 268


View Profile
November 02, 2015, 02:56:51 PM
 #1

Is this coming soon for MultibitHD and/or MultiBit Classic? I'd really like to get away from Core and Electrum -- both of which I can get in Ubuntu repositories -- but I really don't want to make the move from my old friend MB Classic till I can manage it through a repository. The last time I posted about this, the word back was that might come after you worked through the initial roll-out of HD.

IRS 501(c)(3) Public Charities That Accept Bitcoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758674.0
Avoid U.S. Taxes on Bitcoin. Give to Charity. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=627860.0
1513054142
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1513054142

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1513054142
Reply with quote  #2

1513054142
Report to moderator
1513054142
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1513054142

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1513054142
Reply with quote  #2

1513054142
Report to moderator
1513054142
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1513054142

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1513054142
Reply with quote  #2

1513054142
Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
1513054142
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1513054142

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1513054142
Reply with quote  #2

1513054142
Report to moderator
jim618
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1708



View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 09:55:26 PM
 #2

We don't plan to for the forseeable future no.

The installer we have a the moment works well cross platform and has an auto updater in it to keep people's code current.
We can build them all at once from the same Install4j project file and MultiBit HD binary and the error paths in constructing them are few.

Every variation of binary/ install path is more testing, more attack vectors and more time taken for every release.


Looking at the downloads it is about 90%ish Windows with the other 10% between Mac and various Linuxes. the majority of that 10% is Mac.

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
allgoodthings1
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 268


View Profile
November 04, 2015, 01:43:17 PM
 #3

Fair enough. I'll probably just keep using Classic, then, and continue sending you thank-you donations from time to time -- that is, if I can ever find your donation address on the web site now. I've never heard of a Linux program with a separate 'auto-updater' mechanism except through a repository.

IRS 501(c)(3) Public Charities That Accept Bitcoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758674.0
Avoid U.S. Taxes on Bitcoin. Give to Charity. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=627860.0
f3tus
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 244


View Profile
November 04, 2015, 02:50:45 PM
 #4

Why not switch to HD?
allgoodthings1
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 268


View Profile
November 05, 2015, 12:32:31 PM
 #5

Why not switch to HD?
The "Why" part of the question still wins the battle for me: 'Why switch to HD?' The added features there are not important enough to me. As long as Classic works well and is safe, why change? If is ain't broke, don't fix it.

IRS 501(c)(3) Public Charities That Accept Bitcoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758674.0
Avoid U.S. Taxes on Bitcoin. Give to Charity. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=627860.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!