Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:51:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Incoming $163,000,000,000 market cap and $7700+ coins  (Read 8134 times)
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 03:29:50 PM

It's very doable. When Bitcoin reaches the mainstream and can do global transactions thanks to LN, it will have the marketcap of a major payment processor company. And even if this never happens, we are still gold 2.0, this means trillions of dollars of potential metal holders diversifying in the superior Bitcoin asset.
I am also considering it is highly possible to happen as bitcoin would be the future of world economy like both in payment system as well as investment sector. So, it is highly possible to reach even price levels like $10,000 per one bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jiamaf

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 07:25:14 PM

It's very doable. When Bitcoin reaches the mainstream and can do global transactions thanks to LN, it will have the marketcap of a major payment processor company. And even if this never happens, we are still gold 2.0, this means trillions of dollars of potential metal holders diversifying in the superior Bitcoin asset.
I am also considering it is highly possible to happen as bitcoin would be the future of world economy like both in payment system as well as investment sector. So, it is highly possible to reach even price levels like $10,000 per one bitcoin.

Bitcoin will be reserve currency in the digital world. It will have the same status of US dollar today.
lissandra

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 08:42:05 PM

But this whole mainstream talk, isnt it already passed?

I mean most people can google bitcoin and find this out on their own or hearing on RT. Most people are aware of it, just afraid to get involved in my view.

r0ach (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 08:54:42 PM

I mean most people can google bitcoin and find this out on their own or hearing on RT. Most people are aware of it, just afraid to get involved in my view.

Most people believe Bitcoin is dead until it passes ATH again.  After that happens, this website turns into a circus again.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
dumbfbrankings

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 09:03:34 PM

Most people believe Bitcoin is dead until it passes ATH again.  After that happens, this website turns into a circus again.

If they time it right... they'll register an account here within days of the ATH.
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2016, 09:12:03 PM

As for the original post .... many of these millonaries probably already hold bitcoin, and bought it cheaper to get a profit (that is what millonaries do, they do not tend to buy things when they are overpriced)

r0ach (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 05:29:51 PM

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2016, 05:33:49 PM

But will it? i thought with the massive price hike weve had already i might have seeen something on the news but the only place i hear about bitcoin is online on bitcoin related sites. I wasnt here in 2013 so im not sure if it was splattered all over mainstream news back then or not?

r0ach (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 06:12:53 PM

It's on Zerohedge and stuff like that a lot.  Having it go over $1000 or the price of gold will cause an avalanche of news on mainstream media.  Might start as soon as $800 though.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
doublemore

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 06:17:53 PM

Bitcoin will be reserve currency in the digital world. It will have the same status of US dollar today.

It will have a bigger status than US dollar, not only will it be the digital reserve currency but it will be one of the best stores of value unlike USD which is only decent for holding for a month tops.
Jiamaf

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 05:16:08 PM

It will have a bigger status than US dollar, not only will it be the digital reserve currency but it will be one of the best stores of value unlike USD which is only decent for holding for a month tops.

That is right. I think the bitcoin will increase in value in the next few decades. The dollar and other fiat will decrease.
nanonymousx

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 04:47:39 AM

Even half of all millionaires invest 1% in Bitcoin, the price will be over 3k.
Dajackal

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 04:54:32 AM

via Imgflip Meme Generator
PokerFace3

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 05:11:34 AM

yeah the op really seems generous to the price and its speculation ! by this thread i think now i can see the bitcoin has clear and bright future Cheesy
Keep on holding your coins guyzz something big is gone a happen in near future ! Cheesy
Jiamaf

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 04:50:39 PM

yeah the op really seems generous to the price and its speculation ! by this thread i think now i can see the bitcoin has clear and bright future Cheesy
Keep on holding your coins guyzz something big is gone a happen in near future ! Cheesy

His prediction is just a few years too early. It could happen in 3 to 5 years if the bitcoin is used widely.
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 05:07:57 PM

As for the original post .... many of these millonaries probably already hold bitcoin, and bought it cheaper to get a profit (that is what millonaries do, they do not tend to buy things when they are overpriced)

Do they tend to hold things that are overpriced? No.

- You can figure out what will happen, not when /Warren Buffett
- Pay any Bitcoin address privately with a little help of Monero.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 05:13:29 PM

His prediction is just a few years too early. It could happen in 3 to 5 years if the bitcoin is used widely.

but for the price of more than $7700 bitcoin needs a lot longer than 3-5 years and also it needs a lot more halving to happen so the reward is small enough.

also the adoption (usage) needs to be so big, as in being used everywhere in the world.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10142

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 05:54:57 PM

but for the price of more than $7700 bitcoin needs a lot longer than 3-5 years and also it needs a lot more halving to happen so the reward is small enough.

also the adoption (usage) needs to be so big, as in being used everywhere in the world.

When you are describing what is possible and what is not possible in absolutes, you come off as a bit arbitrary.. .in this regard, you are suggesting that $7,700 is not possible in the next 3-5 years, which is nearly pure baloney.

I would phrase such prediction differently.  Whereas, you may have better predicted in terms of a percentage.. less than .0001% chance, whereas, I would suggest the odds are much greater than that... maybe even up to 5%.

One thing everyone needs to consider about bitcoin is that it is a paradigm shifting technology, which means that there have been no other assets or items like it in the past, and accordingly such actuality makes it even more difficult to predict it's upward price potential.  Of course there are potential obstacles along the way, and also there are the clearing of obstacles and learning about the technology.  Accordingly, since the price was suppressed for about a year (maybe longer), there could be an opposite reaction that explosively counter balances the prior extended price suppression.

Sure, nothing is for sure, but the probabilities are much higher than zero that BTC prices could reach $7,700 within 3-5 years and even sooner is quite possible (at least much higher than zero, as you seem to be asserting without any further justification beyond your mere supposed wisdom-filled proclamation).

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Jiamaf

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 08:30:52 AM

I think 7700 dollars is possible when the block reward size is increased to 4 MB or higher together with adoption.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 09:44:11 AM

I think 7700 dollars is possible when the block reward size is increased to 4 MB or higher together with adoption.

No blocksize doesn't play such a big role as you think for a price skyrocketing.
Just because you increase the blocksize does not mean more people will flock in and using Bitcoin.
Furthermore the devs are already working on the improvement of throughput per second.All these improvements combined with layer solutions will offer us more than enough capacity for some while.
Regarding the price it's just needs some insitutional money to push BTC up into mid 4 figures and higher.
Or imagine 1% of the actual gold market decides to store it's funds in Bitcoin.Then you'll have a price of around $4000+/coin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: