Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:13:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Random selection of the representants.  (Read 4910 times)
fornit

Activity: 987
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 03:22:53 PM

So, you're pro- murder and theft, too?

"Criminal" is someone who broke a law. If the only law is that no one has the right to initiate the use of force, threat of force, or fraud against a person or their property, then anyone who does that will be seen as a criminal.

you basically say it yourself. where there is no such law there is no such crime. for example, if you have no law protecting property, the term "theft" doesnt make any sense.

It's not coercion to "force" someone not to rape, rob, murder, or coerce. It's called "defense."

Oh, and that ruleset is far from arbitrary. It is, in fact, universal.

yay, more universal rulesets! like the world hasnt enough fanatics already...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2012, 03:29:43 PM

"Criminal" is someone who broke a law. If the only law is that no one has the right to initiate the use of force, threat of force, or fraud against a person or their property, then anyone who does that will be seen as a criminal.

you basically say it yourself. where there is no such law there is no such crime. for example, if you have no law protecting property, the term "theft" doesnt make any sense.
Care to point out where I don't protect property?

It's not coercion to "force" someone not to rape, rob, murder, or coerce. It's called "defense."

yay, more universal rulesets! like the world hasnt enough fanatics already...
Tsk... It's not a new universal ruleset... it's one that everyone already agrees on. Read the book. Maybe you'll listen to a fellow French Canadian.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
myrkul

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2012, 03:57:56 PM

Let's not keep taking things to extremes. Smiley By basically saying "it's either my way, or the rape and murder way! Which do you prefer?", it seems you're being intellectually dishonest and avoiding discussion of legitimate criticisms. I'm sure your heart's in the right place, but these sort of tit-for-tat debates are just silly.

I'm saying "Rape and murder is always wrong"

You reply with "Hey, let's not take it to extremes, now..."

How is that not defending rape and murder?

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
myrkul

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2012, 05:15:14 PM

What happens to opposing viewpoints if AnCap becomes mainstream? It seems that AnCap would start to oppress their opponents. Thus it would no-longer be voluntary - everyone would be forced to do things the AnCap way.
Well, that depends on what you mean by "forced to do things the AnCap way." If you mean forced to operate as capitalists, you would be wrong. If you mean forced to not steal, rape, murder, or coerce, well, then I suppose you would be right. But again, "forcing" someone not to do those things is not coercion, it's defense.

Since the notion of "private property" seems just as much a dogma as the notion of "State ownership", what makes AnCap supporters (and holders of related views such as Libertarianism) think they are more morally right than others?
If you feel "private property" is "dogmatic," then answer me this question: Who owns you? Answer that question - truthfully - and you will see the moral basis for our claims.

Edit: and we haven't even touched on the possibility of a healthy middle-ground like the "real world" has -- with various combinations of a State and private property.
If you can call - with a straight face - the systems currently in place around the globe "healthy," you're either hopelessly deluded, or straight-up evil.

glub0x (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1013

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 06:54:35 PM

Please this thread is about voting and democracy.
It is not about anarchy even if it is fascinating. If you want to speak about anarchy, create your own thread, it s free.
Otherwise i'll have to ask my own security provider to take you down.

The cost of mediation increases transaction costs, limiting the
minimum practical transaction size and cutting off the possibility for small casual transactions

Satoshi Nakamoto : https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
myrkul

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2012, 07:00:09 PM

It is not about anarchy even if it is fascinating. If you want to speak about anarchy, create your own thread, it s free.

If you feel a post is off-topic, report it, and ask that the thread be split.

To be honest, this thread hasn't really been about your idea of legislator lotto since the first reply.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2012, 07:19:52 PM

...then answer me this question: Who owns you? Answer that question - truthfully - and you will see the moral basis for our claims.

To put it another way: without an almighty "Property God", there is no such thing as ownership. In what little I know about myself, I would like to think that I transcend this made-up concept of ownership. Therefore I cannot 'own' myself, and neither can anyone else.

So, if you don't own yourself, and nobody else does, either, who's responsible for your actions?

dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 07:27:19 PM

Some people seek power and control over others because it makes them feel a sense of happiness.  There's a great chance these people have never had love in their life so they don't know any other way of feeling happy.

If you show these people how love gives a true sense of happiness, and how power just requires additional power to feel good, they will stop chasing the unattainable ultimate power over humanity, since control is temporary and illusory.

As less people fear those in power, the less power they have, causing what we see in society today, the eradication of our human rights.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
myrkul

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2012, 08:08:58 PM

So, if you don't own yourself, and nobody else does, either, who's responsible for your actions?

I am. I could argue that "a bit of everything" is responsible -- me, the world, other people. However, I only have the empirical evidence of my senses that the rest of the world exists, whereas I know that I exist. Therefore, I am responsible for my actions.

So, you own yourself.

glub0x (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1013

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 08:13:20 PM

To be honest, this thread hasn't really been about your idea of legislator lotto since the first reply.
There is actually once every page a reply in the subject. Now the fact that you are not able to respect the thread of someone else is for me a very strong sign that the anarchy you promote is just going back 6000years and start again.
Respecting the rights of other (speaking, property, integrity, ... )  is not natural, you are the first and best exemple here.

I am not even speaking of the fact that the first law you want to put in your anarchy is the exact opposite as the view the author you linked to me defend. wich i would sum up as Security is a product as any other, let's put it in competition.

The cost of mediation increases transaction costs, limiting the
minimum practical transaction size and cutting off the possibility for small casual transactions

Satoshi Nakamoto : https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
myrkul

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2012, 08:22:07 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2012, 08:34:48 PM by myrkul

There is actually once every page a reply in the subject. Now the fact that you are not able to respect the thread of someone else is for me a very strong sign that the anarchy you promote is just going back 6000years and start again.
Respecting the rights of other (speaking, property, integrity, ... )  is not natural, you are the first and best exemple here.

I am not even speaking of the fact that the first law you want to put in your anarchy is the exact opposite as the view the author you linked to me defend. wich i would sum up as Security is a product as any other, let's put it in competition.

If I could split the thread, I would. I can't. So if you would like the thread split, request it. In the meantime, there is a conversation going here that will be moved when the thread is eventually split, and your thread is continually bumped to the top. The more you whine to me about it, the less time you are spending reporting those posts and getting the thread split. Seems like your time would be best spent asking someone who can do something about it, n'est-ce pas?

Now, my apologies, but if you wish for someone to remove their conversation to another thread because it is off-topic, then the appropriate time to ask is when that conversation starts, not after you have already participated in it.

Rudd-O

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2012, 03:48:53 AM

Go through your life robbing and murdering on a daily basis, do you?

the government doesnt let me  Cry

(and i have to admit, personally, i am more of a sack&pillage kinda guy  Embarrassed )

Note the religious logic: "If God didn't exist to punish me, I would go about my life raping and murdering and stealing."

fornit

Activity: 987
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 06:38:57 AM

(and i have to admit, personally, i am more of a sack&pillage kinda guy  Embarrassed )

Note the religious logic: "If God didn't exist to punish me, I would go about my life raping and murdering and stealing."

congratulations! your perception has increased from 0 to 1! you are now able to the see walls up to 4m ahead, recognize when an ogre is eating your limbs and tell hamsters and strategic missiles apart - if they move.
Rudd-O

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2012, 08:31:31 AM

congratulations! your perception has increased from 0 to 1! you are now able to the see walls up to 4m ahead, recognize when an ogre is eating your limbs and tell hamsters and strategic missiles apart - if they move.

Classic sardonic religious believer non-response.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2012, 02:49:26 PM

I am. I could argue that "a bit of everything" is responsible -- me, the world, other people. However, I only have the empirical evidence of my senses that the rest of the world exists, whereas I know that I exist. Therefore, I am responsible for my actions.

So, you own yourself.

Different concept.

Nope, same concept. Have you never heard the phrase "own your mistakes," or "own your actions"?

Or is your favorite phrase, "It's not my fault"?

myrkul

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2012, 03:31:56 PM

So, you own yourself.

Different concept.

Nope, same concept.
If it's the same concept, then I wonder why people bothered to create a whole new word for it based on 'respond'.
As you point out, one primarily refers to verbs, the other to nouns. English is a very messy language, and many words share meaning.

Or is your favorite phrase, "It's not my fault"?
You never answered this... or did you?
I could also argue that I transcend 'responsibility' because that too is a made-up concept.

Rudd-O

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2012, 08:50:23 PM

I could also argue that I transcend 'responsibility' because that too is a made-up concept.

Someone should, like, rob blahblahblah's house and then tell him "nope, no one is responsible for this robbery, because responsibility is a made-up concept".

That'll teach him the difference between valid and invalid concepts, whether derived from observable reality or "made-up".
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: