Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:59:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: UPDATE  (Read 20291 times)
vatusasid

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 03:09:34 PM

Ok but the fact that gold and bitcoin went up at the same time due to chinese news that's remarkable to me.

Yes. So both gold and bitcoin are treated as safe heaven by investors. That is a remarkable achievement for bitcoin.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 03:21:16 PM

Ok but the fact that gold and bitcoin went up at the same time due to chinese news that's remarkable to me.

Same here

When I think about what moves the bitcoin market, sometimes I get a headache from it

It's obvious that China has a lot to do with it.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 04:26:24 PM

Same here

When I think about what moves the bitcoin market, sometimes I get a headache from it

It's obvious that China has a lot to do with it.

Chinese investors are very difficult to understand. One time they seem to go all in on a certain investment, and the next time they seem to sell everything because they have found themself something better. China is everywhere.
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 04:36:08 AM

i would have done the same qustion when it was dumping, since 230 was never the true value of bitcoin

to answer your question, i can simply say, bitcoin is worth much more, 230 were like free bitcoin, you will remember this in 5-10 years when even 10k would be considered a cheap price

So many people saying that...
It's good to have faith but still, keep calm buddy. 10k for one btc is maybe a bit fucking crazy no?
I don't believe in long term btc for my on.

10k for one BTC might sound crazy today. But it's possible and I say give it a few more years and we might change to talk about bits when buying and paying with Bitcoin.
You don't have to believe in BTC for long term. Others are doing it, and that number will increase.
There guys out there, heavily invested in Bitcoin who believe it's value can reach 6 or 7 digits!!!

Bitcoin literally can not reach 7 digits in USD, because since even if all currencies in the entire world, were replaced by Bitcoin, then 1 Bitcoin would be worth around $500k in today's dollar.

you're basically saying that bitcoin can not surpass gold? cannot be greater than a marketcap of 6T?

$500k Bitcoin is a marketcap of 10.5 Trillion USD, it surpasses gold. Also what does gold have to do with this? Bitcoin can NEVER replace gold, it can only exist alongside of gold. What Bitcoin can do is theoretically replace all fiat currencies in circulation. That gives it a value of $500k per Bitcoin.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 08:02:58 AM

i would have done the same qustion when it was dumping, since 230 was never the true value of bitcoin

to answer your question, i can simply say, bitcoin is worth much more, 230 were like free bitcoin, you will remember this in 5-10 years when even 10k would be considered a cheap price

It's good to have faith but still, keep calm buddy. 10k for one btc is maybe a bit fucking crazy no?

10k for one BTC might sound crazy today. But it's possible and I say give it a few more years and we might change to talk about bits when buying and paying with Bitcoin.
You don't have to believe in BTC for long term. Others are doing it, and that number will increase.
There guys out there, heavily invested in Bitcoin who believe it's value can reach 6 or 7 digits!!!

Bitcoin literally can not reach 7 digits in USD, because since even if all currencies in the entire world, were replaced by Bitcoin, then 1 Bitcoin would be worth around $500k in today's dollar.

you're basically saying that bitcoin can not surpass gold? cannot be greater than a marketcap of 6T?

$500k Bitcoin is a marketcap of 10.5 Trillion USD, it surpasses gold. Also what does gold have to do with this? Bitcoin can NEVER replace gold, it can only exist alongside of gold. What Bitcoin can do is theoretically replace all fiat currencies in circulation. That gives it a value of $500k per Bitcoin.

no 500k is a marketcap of 10.5 trillion only when the other coins will be mined, if we reach that value in the upcoming years it will be much less, the current supply is only 15M

i like to comapre it to gold, because gold and bitcoin share some similarity, like the mining aspect and the rarity
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 08:08:20 AM

How we can say bitcoin can not replace gold?

When considering the usage and compatibility with the modern requirement, bitcoin is more flexible than gold. So, there are lot of chances to surpass the market cap of gold by bitcoin.

Market caps are just a number, nothing to do with the value/price of any commodity.

panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 08:17:11 AM

The price seems to be slowly trending downwards.
Let us hope it is not going to fall off a cliff.  Smiley
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 12:53:10 PM

Let us hope it is not going to fall off a cliff.  Smiley

why do you think its down cuz it up slowly over 450 today
yesterday was around 450 now it off

price is on the rise

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 01:26:56 PM

price is on the rise

This dude probably looks at an 48 hour chart of the price and think we are heading down. We are at a very good profit this year. From below $180 in January to right now $450. Not really what I consider to be a downwards trend. Wink
pissedoff

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 01:38:01 PM

price is on the rise

This dude probably looks at an 48 hour chart of the price and think we are heading down. We are at a very good profit this year. From below $180 in January to right now $450. Not really what I consider to be a downwards trend. Wink
Yeah the price is getting a nice pump today. I think this year will be very good for the long term holders.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 02:25:42 PM

Relax buddy!
Nothing will happen.It's weekend and the majority is taking some rest these days.
The outlook for the next coming months is positive I'd say, so we will see an increase of BTC's value.
defaultking

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 02:32:03 PM

Well if I remember correctly the Chinese market quit dropping like a rock in friday. Don't know how many investors are day to say traders but I imagine quite a few of the Chinese that were scrambling out of there market may take that as a sign its hit the bottom and are reinvesting in hopes that it will go back up. So the bitcoin market could be "slowing down" compared to the past couple of days ><
lixer

Activity: 2492
Merit: 586

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 05:14:28 PM

Relax buddy!
Nothing will happen.It's weekend and the majority is taking some rest these days.
The outlook for the next coming months is positive I'd say, so we will see an increase of BTC's value.

Yes I too expect same positive happening for bitcoin prices this week end. Because there are many positive events are happening around the globe which resulted in new money inflow to bitcoin. Bitcoin is trading right now around $450 in stable and steady manner.

bitcoin-hunter

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 08:30:03 PM

I think it's time for a uprising. Not sure how much but before the halving in july we will see a price rally.
So expect it to go to 550 usd.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2942

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 08:55:05 PM

Relax buddy!

Yes I too expect same positive happening for bitcoin prices this week end. Because there are many positive events are happening around the globe which resulted in new money inflow to bitcoin. Bitcoin is trading right now around $450 in stable and steady manner.
Right and we need to invest more bitcoins or collect more bitcoins before it start increasing
This is not just a dream its nearly to our dreams and hope it will increase more above 500 to 600 after halving ends..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 06:42:42 AM

Relax buddy!

Right and we need to invest more bitcoins or collect more bitcoins before it start increasing
This is not just a dream its nearly to our dreams and hope it will increase more above 500 to 600 after halving ends..

What???
You think it will take that much time and make us wait till halving before we reach $500 - 600 range???
We are already heading towards it, and the range is very near, so not too hard for BTC to be there, we are going to see it in the end of Jan or first week of Feb... Wink

azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 06:56:34 AM

I think it's time for a uprising. Not sure how much but before the halving in july we will see a price rally.
So expect it to go to 550 usd.

i dont know but this month we can expect bigger price change maybe we will hit or pass in small margin 500$ and that is it

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 07:01:52 AM

Central banks probably secretly buying but just when it drops... To soak up supply for a few yrs before ppl catch on and frontrun them and make them rich..
Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 07:24:29 AM

Central banks probably secretly buying but just when it drops... To soak up supply for a few yrs before ppl catch on and frontrun them and make them rich..

Central Bank buyer on YoBit.net, can confirm.

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 07:47:05 AM

The recent runup seems to be all about Chinese investors being able to buy into Bitcoin again (see the BTCC and other exchanges announcements about being able to take Yuan payments, back around the start of the runup) coupled with the Chinese economy going into a recession or worse making Bitcoin look like a good investment.

I'm still not comfortable with the sustainability of the current pricing, though it's been a nice compensation for the very high difficulty increases since the introduction of the S7, allowing my older gear to have a prayer of achieving positive RoI after all - but the diff increases are starting to catch up to the price jump.

*IF* the current $400-$450 range pricing survives about 4 more months, we should see halfing start bumping it up quite a bit AGAIN - though I'd still not bet on $1000 any time this year.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: