Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:13:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Silk road down for second day, what's going on?  (Read 9060 times)
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 12, 2012, 09:13:31 PM

I wouldn't bother pissing on a "censored" site.

Great so this will be your last post right?  As others have pointed out you likely have the wrong forum.

We should ALL abandon this crap site as it looks like they may be in kahoots with the lowest of lowlife filth, the fucking scumbags known as the DEA.

We are right behind you.  Lead the way.
Of course if this site was run by the DEA wouldn't it make sense to ALLOW links to prohibited content.  Huh

CoolHandLuk3

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 04:49:41 AM

sheesh
Palor

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 02:29:42 PM

So do vendors have their own sort of website or something of that sort with SR?  In other words, could vendors still access the site despite the fact that buyers can't?

Sure hope so.
HostDisorder

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 04:45:58 PM

Well, they would be 'shocked' if it still wasn't fixed by Monday.

God i hope it comes back sharpish. Any more updates?
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 04:51:12 PM

a lot of people are going into withdrawal around this here thread ;-P
dotcom

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 08:00:09 PM

Nov 13, still down Sad

Even if they get this back up, I hope a massive influx of new users is not a trend that will eventually lead to the sites downfall. More users means more publicity means more pressure on investigators.

The more public awareness the more fire under the governments ass to shut down the site.
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 08:32:28 PM

The more public awareness the more fire under the governments ass to shut down the site...

...the more people to find out about Bitcoin and to possibly find it a good alternative to avoid governments' intrusive and draconian ways.
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2012, 08:34:29 PM

Someone on the SR forum started a thread wanting Silkroad to add member ship fee's for buyers... something small 2-3 BTC for new account

It would get rid of the kids that are buying next to nothing, or just showing all their friends

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 08:45:14 PM

Someone on the SR forum started a thread wanting Silkroad to add member ship fee's for buyers... something small 2-3 BTC for new account

It would get rid of the kids that are buying next to nothing, or just showing all their friends

and also drive a lot of potential customers to the competition.  Wink
thedoc7747

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 02:00:12 AM

I just found this comment from DPR;

Official statement from Captain Dread Pirate Roberts !!

Hello everyone,

I’m alive, I’m safe. Luck would have it that the first time I’m away for more than 24 hours, the site goes down and I’m the only one that can bring it back up. As soon as we are sure there haven’t been any security breaches and taken all of the necessary precautions, we will get back up and running. If anyone’s orders get messed up because of this (auto-finalizing, etc), we will take full responsibility and make things right, just contact support once we’re back up. I’m terribly sorry for this and all of the recent problems. I promise it is my top priority to get things running smoothly again.

DPR[/b][/i]

MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 02:03:15 AM

Nov 13, still down Sad

Even if they get this back up, I hope a massive influx of new users is not a trend that will eventually lead to the sites downfall. More users means more publicity means more pressure on investigators.

The more public awareness the more fire under the governments ass to shut down the site.

I'm curious.  Why do you care?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
thedoc7747

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 02:34:24 AM

UPDATE (0012 UTC):  Sorry I'm late on this update, won't happen again.  We're pretty much polishing and going down the final check list at this point.  I'm confident we'll make our "matter of days" estimate and this won't be drawn out into week+ territory (assuming nothing goes wrong when we reopen).  When we reopen, access will be limited to vendors only for a few hours so they can mark packages shipped that were sent but not marked before we went down.  Also, auto-finalize and auto-vacation haven't been running since Sunday, and we won't fire those back up for a couple of days after we reopen so everyone can get square first.  Can't wait till this is behind us Smiley  Next update before 1500 UTC Wednesday.

DPR[/b][/i]

dotcom

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 05:09:27 AM

Nov 13, still down Sad

I'm curious.  Why do you care?

Because I like the silk road setup better than most other black markets on tor and I like to be able to purchase plants from the same guy.
HostDisorder

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 02:10:14 PM

UPDATE (0012 UTC):  Sorry I'm late on this update, won't happen again.  We're pretty much polishing and going down the final check list at this point.  I'm confident we'll make our "matter of days" estimate and this won't be drawn out into week+ territory (assuming nothing goes wrong when we reopen).  When we reopen, access will be limited to vendors only for a few hours so they can mark packages shipped that were sent but not marked before we went down.  Also, auto-finalize and auto-vacation haven't been running since Sunday, and we won't fire those back up for a couple of days after we reopen so everyone can get square first.  Can't wait till this is behind us Smiley  Next update before 1500 UTC Wednesday.

DPR[/b][/i]

Finally some hope. Quick question though, would it be foolish to withdraw and send over coins while it's in this state, or would it be more apt to wait to send over when it's fully reopened?
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 02:23:21 PM

DPR[/b][/i]

Finally some hope. Quick question though, would it be foolish to withdraw and send over coins while it's in this state, or would it be more apt to wait to send over when it's fully reopened?

Wait.  The receiving addresses may have changed.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Palor

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 02:24:32 PM

Should be fully operational in a few hours as right now only vendors can log in as DPR says in his statement.
Nero1044

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 03:20:42 AM

It's all good now! Enjoy it Smiley
awakening

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 01:19:55 PM

Down right now, and since some hours.
Also, I was online before the down and It wasn't allowing me to buy, I made a withdrawn of one btc, the btc was sent, as today, seven hours later, I haven't received it yet.
 Undecided
HostDisorder

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 01:50:38 PM

Also, I was online before the down and It wasn't allowing me to buy, I made a withdrawn of one btc, the btc was sent, as today, seven hours later, I haven't received it yet.
 Undecided

Yeah definitely not back on for me. But it WAS on before? Was the interface the same?
awakening

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2012, 02:24:46 PM

Undecided

Yeah definitely not back on for me. But it WAS on before? Was the interface the same?
Yes. It was like 9 hours before. But It didn't allowed me to buy. It allowed me to do a withdrawn, that was reflected into the Silkroad interface, but the bitcoin was never sent.
I have really bad luck, the day I just put 15 btc in to buy some shit.. That's the day It's down.  Embarrassed Hope that is ON again. With the money they win, It doesn't make sense to do a take all and run.
Well, only if the police were very near to catch them, or something like that. Hope that it came back online soon.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: