Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:54:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Come Test My Game Out!  (Read 2543 times)
EthanB (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 336

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 03:34:29 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2016, 06:09:48 AM by EthanB

TEST IT OUT , JUST UPLOADED FINAL VERSION! http://itsrammen.xyz/fso2/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Click The Link To See The Main Site, Head To Download Section To Get Main Client ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We are working on implementing a better  tutorial/guide for this game and we are compiling a wiki of information as well.

For now  I'll leave some simple instructions/keys here

ALT - Attack
Shift - Pick-up/Interact
Arrow-Keys for movement

'MESSAGE (Broadcast to entire server  by  putting a  ' before your message)
/g MESSAGE (Type "/g " before your message to speak with  your guild)
/msg NAME MESSAGE (Type /msg Bry Hi if you want to tell Bry "Hi")

NPC Interaction:
"Buy" - Just say Buy in chat to see what an NPC has for sale
"Sell" - Type Sell to see what the NPC is willing to purchase from you
"Quest" - Type Quest to see if the NPC needs a task done

Banker Interaction (NPC Name "Banker")
/balance (Checks the Balance of your bank account)
/deposit 100 (Deposits 100 gold into the bank)
/withdraw 100 (Withdraws 100 gold from the bank)

Anyone that is online is extremely willing to help, so broadcast and don't be shy to ask whatever you don't know or just to chat it up.

So basically I'm thinking about throwing up a game I helped create several years back..
It's a retro looking game, but I am wondering if anybody would be willing to give it a try?

I'm looking for Alpha/Beta Testers, Content Suggesters, Moderators, and regular players!

A simple screen-shot so this thread isn't without content:

There are several skills to master, train and enjoy :

Each skill point, Stat point, HP/MP point and level count as a "point". At 2400 points you achieve immortality.
I'm thinking about offering Bitcoin incentives for the first few immortals..

Thoughts?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 12:07:48 AM

Hmm.. Looks like a fun game to play. This reminds me of a game that I used to play before way back when I was on High school, I just can't remember the name tho.
So, does your game will have bitcoin reward system or something? Also what is the main hoal of the game? Is it plain skill mastering game or something like a tournament or what?
I'd like to try this out for sure but could you give more details about it? Also is there a software that needs to be downloaded and this is online, right? Grin
EthanB (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 12:40:39 AM

Hmm.. Looks like a fun game to play. This reminds me of a game that I used to play before way back when I was on High school, I just can't remember the name tho.
So, does your game will have bitcoin reward system or something? Also what is the main hoal of the game? Is it plain skill mastering game or something like a tournament or what?
I'd like to try this out for sure but could you give more details about it? Also is there a software that needs to be downloaded and this is online, right? Grin

It is online, meaning there is one world for all the players to roam around on.
You download the game and it just runs off a small EXE application.

The goal of the game is to reach immortality essentially, but there are many other social aspects such as guilds and events (Capture the Flag, Hide and Seek, ETC.)

You fight monsters and level up, train your skills and explore new areas .
There is PVP, Quests, and tons of systems to balance the economy regularly.

I was thinking about either doing a bitcoin reward system, handing out BTC whenever you master skills and what not...
Or I was planning on handing out a chunk to the first immortals. I can't decide.
bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 12:46:14 AM

It looks like a pretty decent game to me. Honestly, as long as it wasn't absolutely horrible and you included some kind of bitcoin reward (doesn't matter how micro it was), people would play it.

I was thinking about either doing a bitcoin reward system, handing out BTC whenever you master skills and what not...
Or I was planning on handing out a chunk to the first immortals. I can't decide.

Both would probably be good.
EthanB (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 01:23:50 AM

It looks like a pretty decent game to me. Honestly, as long as it wasn't absolutely horrible and you included some kind of bitcoin reward (doesn't matter how micro it was), people would play it.

Both would probably be good.

I just can't think of a reasonable way to implement bitcoin micro-earnings as incentives for the first group of players/testers.
Would I be able to apply Ad-Revenue to support on-going bitcoin earnings forever?

Becoming and immortal takes a LOT of hours of game play and I would hate to scare people away when the goal seems too far-fetched.

target
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1041

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 01:25:58 AM

try beta tester instead. and not immortal
we may find bugs

EthanB (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 01:28:59 AM

try beta tester instead. and not immortal
we may find bugs

I have a list of bugs I already need to fix, but I could definitely offer BTC-bounties for helping me find security exploits and bugs..
I know there's flaws in the client to server communication, but I think some simple security in the packets fixes that..

I will definitely pay for bug finds Smiley
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 06:53:35 AM

Looks interesting, it's remind me when I try build a rpg game with rpg game maker.

Anyway it will be more interesting and attract more people if you put some bitcoin reward in the game. good luck, I'm watching on this Grin
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 09:16:18 AM

it look good, i like the art style done in this way, but i'll never download a random else sorry, can you do it via browser, it should be possible

so you run it in your server and we play it in web directly, if something like this can come up with a bitcoin earned-in game would be fabulous

or maybe you can do it via early access on steam, i see this as a better idea
EthanB (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 01:11:58 PM

it look good, i like the art style done in this way, but i'll never download a random else sorry, can you do it via browser, it should be possible

so you run it in your server and we play it in web directly, if something like this can come up with a bitcoin earned-in game would be fabulous

or maybe you can do it via early access on steam, i see this as a better idea

Thanks for the comment. I tried doing a web-version of this game and it was extremely choppy and laggy, but it might be possible to get it up on steam.
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 01:21:07 PM

The goal of the game is to reach immortality essentially, but there are many other social aspects such as guilds and events (Capture the Flag, Hide and Seek, ETC.)

I see now it even sounds interesting. When are you planning to release this one?

I have a suggestion on the reward system like maybe you can earn ingame currency then we can exchange it for satoshi if we acquire enough already. I think that will work and also will help to control the reward system.
EthanB (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 01:25:34 PM

I see now it even sounds interesting. When are you planning to release this one?

I have a suggestion on the reward system like maybe you can earn ingame currency then we can exchange it for satoshi if we acquire enough already. I think that will work and also will help to control the reward system.

I will release it ASAP, but I've been doing my best to hack/manipulate the game and fix the holes.
Currently there are a couple ways to manipulate the server to massively farm gold and experience, and I'm not too sure how to fix them indefinitely.

This game was created in Director and it has a lot of limitations.

I can calculate manually if someone has used an exploit for experience or if they used it for mass-amounts of gold, but I'd like to get it handled within the system itself because that could get tedious.

gianbtc

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 01:57:23 PM

is it WIN only ?
EthanB (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 01:58:39 PM

is it WIN only ?

I have had MAC versions tested and working, but I don't have a working updater for MAC OSX so for now each MAC update has to be manual.
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 02:39:33 PM

I will release it ASAP, but I've been doing my best to hack/manipulate the game and fix the holes.
Currently there are a couple ways to manipulate the server to massively farm gold and experience, and I'm not too sure how to fix them indefinitely.

This game was created in Director and it has a lot of limitations.

I can calculate manually if someone has used an exploit for experience or if they used it for mass-amounts of gold, but I'd like to get it handled within the system itself because that could get tedious.

Maybe make the game available on steam if possible Roll Eyes
It could be a great way to advertise bitcoin Grin
The first Bitcoin powered RPG game on steam will sure make a buzz Roll Eyes
and maybe make a scarcity system similar to witcher 3 where a certain type of enemy can be a rare one if too many player killed that monster Tongue
I will be happy to be tester for this game when you need it Smiley
Hugroll

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 02:42:43 PM

looks really good Cheesy. the graphics remind me of pokemon emerald (had amazing times playing that game). and the skills and stuff remind me of runescape. its a great combination and i look forward to playing it.
|Bitcoin|

Activity: 320
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 02:26:04 AM

Look classic but I like. I can try the game for you. Keep me update with your game. Smiley
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 03:19:00 AM

It depends on your promotional skills and advertising efforts, How you advertise it and how much you can advertise it.  According to this , you can get many players for your new fun game.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3417

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 03:40:34 AM

It's has a good potential and as a content suggester, If you could change the whole name of skills somehow related to bitcoin as well then that could be a plus too since your trying to implement bitcoin rewards too and also if you could modify the game into adding some bitcoin signs and content inside the game as well... And lastly for the advertising, you could make a free version with ads and a Pro version without an ads plus with some other extra features like 25% faster in mastering levels

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
EthanB (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 03:43:09 AM

Thanks for all the replies, I am currently working on updates and upgrades as we speak.
I've decided I will put a server up once all the necessary changes are in place.

It will be a work in progress and I hope you can all bear with me while this all takes place!
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: