Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:16:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong calls the industry to fork Bitcoin Core  (Read 9286 times)
Cuidler

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 03:46:44 PM

We can't have big blocks because big blocks will centralize nodes and kill any hopes of a decentralized blockchain. It's pretty damn simple yet some people refuse to ignore this very crucial fact, for some reason.

It is true only to some degree. 1 MB is definitively insufficient, and 8 MB is bit bigger than necessary for now but still much better than 1 MB... So if there will not be consensus soon to what value/method increase the maximum blocksize, Im confident XT client wins next year because no other working solution is ready. And XT is not big deal, if necessary, the XT maximum blocksize growth can be modified later

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 04:22:01 PM

I have write this before i will write it again. It seems that the business ecosystem around bitcoin are desperate to take control of the source code of it with their own developers etc. This is a fight for the soul of bitcoin. And it is clear who is with them like Roger Ver, Mike Hearn, Gavin Andressen and many more.

War!
chek2fire
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 04:24:48 PM

is now war but i think this business operators did not understand that bitcoin and the people that using don't need anymore the old financial system. We want to change it or to completely destroy it and create something new.
Instead in their opinion bitcoin must change to be a small part of this old system. this is wrong.

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 04:50:03 PM

is now war but i think this business operators did not understand that bitcoin and the people that using don't need anymore the old financial system. We want to change it or to completely destroy it and create something new.
Instead in their opinion bitcoin must change to be a small part of this old system. this is wrong.

Exactly.

If you want to understand the behavior of Andresen, Hearn, and Ver* you should continue reading here:

http://www.minddisorders.com/Kau-Nu/Narcissistic-personality-disorder.html

The outlook that their condition will improve is not too bright:

Prognosis

The prognosis for younger persons with narcissistic disorders is hopeful to the extent that the disturbances reflect a simple lack of life experience. The outlook for long-standing NPD, however, is largely negative. Some narcissists are able, particularly as they approach their midlife years, to accept their own limitations and those of others, to resolve their problems with envy, and to accept their own mortality. Most patients with NPD, on the other hand, become increasingly depressed as they grow older within a youth-oriented culture and lose their looks and overall vitality. The retirement years are especially painful for patients with NPD because they must yield their positions in the working world to the next generation. In addition, they do not have the network of intimate family ties and friendships that sustain most older people.

(*) Now also known as Vearndresencoiners.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 04:55:16 PM

Nicely put.

These people who instinctively map tech sector domain lessons to distributed crypto-currency activities disgust me even more than the slimy scammers in the ecosystem.  Those who march in from success in the tech sector and presume to be able guild the solution along the lines of their past activities are even worse.

Even if these slime do ultimately manage to sow and cultivate the seeds of Bitcoin's destruction I'll at least be able to take some solace in having put some of their money in my own pocket.  Crypto with a defensible core and scaling by subordinate chains is a genie which cannot be put back into the bottle.  It would be handy for me if the defensible core were Bitcoin, but it is not necessary.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 05:02:35 PM

Who needs Coinbase? Hodl forever!

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 05:06:44 PM

Certainly not Bitcoin.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 05:19:07 PM

Coinbase serves the purpose of dampening down on the developments alternate markets.  That's why it works fairly well here in the U.S..  It simply limits the growth in certain areas while corp/gov gets their ducks in a row in certain ways, and relatedly, helps tread water until the hammer comes down on internet freedoms which allow P2P to be functional.

It can be suggested that I personally am part of the problem because I use Coinbase's service, they being the path of least resistance (and me being clean and willing to pay taxes.)  I would not argue this suggestion.

I will be delighted if I can utilize my BTC stash by moving it through sidechains and hopefully use it more directly and cut out the fiat hop.  This will reduce my need for Coinbase and their ilk.  Coinbase and allied entities (e.g., the corporate banking world and government) probably do recognize that there are people in this category and consider it a danger to their control and to their profits.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
tl121

Activity: 278
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 06:18:45 PM

Someone please tell Coinbase that XT is dead in the water? Last time I looked Coinbase is not mining so what they want matters not.

Thats sad but its true.
Anyway most people don't care to cast vote (so its no)

There are people who tried to vote, but were unable to do so because their mining node or pool that had been supporting BIP 101 was DDoS'd.  A good example is Slush's pool.

https://mining.bitcoin.cz/news/update-bip101-voting-disabled-because-of-ddos-attack/
brg444

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 06:27:18 PM

Someone please tell Coinbase that XT is dead in the water? Last time I looked Coinbase is not mining so what they want matters not.

Thats sad but its true.
Anyway most people don't care to cast vote (so its no)

There are people who tried to vote, but were unable to do so because their mining node or pool that had been supporting BIP 101 was DDoS'd.  A good example is Slush's pool.

https://mining.bitcoin.cz/news/update-bip101-voting-disabled-because-of-ddos-attack/

going against consensus has a cost \_(ツ)_/

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 06:33:26 PM

Coinbase is the last company in the Bitcoin ecosystem I would ever touch. Closing accounts by weird reasons, coin tracking etc etc.The list is long and the complaints about them can be read here and on reddit.
Armstrong can say whatever he wants. I will give a **** what he has to say.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 07:02:17 PM

Coinbase is like a shitty bank. Bitcoin was created to be a free system. These two , are opposite entities.

Coinbase is monitoring your transactions, it's reporting you to Feds and so on...Why would I use Coinbase instead a normal credit card?

ecause normal credit cards can monitor your transactions as well, you should get rid of everything that has to do with the fiat system, and use only a wallet to spend your bitcoin

which is what everyone use bitcoin, should do

Yeah, I don't personally understand why people don't learn the leson and just make the effort to be their own bank by controlling their own local wallet, but some people just doesn't like the idea. If I wanted to have my BTC outside, I would trust Xapo before Coinbase for sure.
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 12:18:12 AM
Last edit: November 08, 2015, 12:40:35 AM by mayax

I have write this before i will write it again. It seems that the business ecosystem around bitcoin are desperate to take control of the source code of it with their own developers etc. This is a fight for the soul of bitcoin. And it is clear who is with them like Roger Ver, Mike Hearn, Gavin Andressen and many more.

You are right but almost nobody listen. I said the same since 2 years ago. A bunch of people are controlling the ecosystem.

The big exchangers like Coinbase, Bitstamp, OKcoin, Bitfinex, BTC China HAVE THE SAME SHAREHOLDERS(behind the scene) ! Smiley

Also, these shareholders are controlling the BTC media like Coindesk and SatoshiDICE.

I think most of the people are blind or they dont' care. BTC is becoming a centralized system.
chek2fire
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 12:23:52 AM

i dont think so. They dont have so much power in their hands. They need the customers or people to use their business and they know if they try to take control of bitcoin core will split community and they will lost their money. I think we are in Nash equilibrium state.
The block size iwll be increase but not because the market want it but because bitcoin need it. is simple.

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 12:33:12 AM

Coinbase is like a shitty bank. Bitcoin was created to be a free system. These two , are opposite entities.

Coinbase is monitoring your transactions, it's reporting you to Feds and so on...Why would I use Coinbase instead a normal credit card?

+1
brg444

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 12:33:42 AM

You are right but almost nobody listen. I said the same since 2 years ago. A bunch of people are controlling the ecosystem.

The big exchangers like Coinbase, Bitstam, Bitfinex, BTC China HAVE THE SAME SHAREHOLDERS(behind the scene) ! Smiley

Also, these shareholders are controlling the BTC media like Coindesk and SatoshiDICE.

I think most of the people are blind or they dont' care. BTC is becoming a centralized system.

Do they also have bitcoins? Cause if they dont....

knight22 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 12:34:48 AM

The big exchangers like Coinbase, Bitstam, Bitfinex, BTC China HAVE THE SAME SHAREHOLDERS(behind the scene) ! Smiley

Much less than with blockTHEsteam though.

HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2015, 12:42:07 AM

I'd like to be included on this list please lol Grin Roll Eyes

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 02:45:35 AM

Don't worry; you already are.

hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 10:35:13 AM

Don't worry; you already are.

cant believe this staff person to be so dull.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: