Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:29:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $10k????  (Read 20001 times)
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 08:32:02 PM

Yet unlikely. I hope for 10k a coin but don't see it happening (at least not sustained).

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 08:43:34 PM

You wish that will happend 10.000 dollar in 2016.

I just bet that it will reach 1200 dollar as max.

Even 1200 dollars is higher for the next year, the halving period will affect directly the bitcoin price but will not double or triple it.
croato

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 08:49:18 PM

It is highly unlikely we could reach $10k next year. In my opinion, it will take at least few years and lot of ups and downs before we touch five digits.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 09:38:54 PM

Wow! How on earth can you come up with that? It will take at least 5 to 10 years to even come close to $5,000, let alone $10,000. This is beyond realistic to happen in 2016.

If Bitcoin takes 5 to 10 years to reach $5,000 then it will have no hope of mass adoption IMO.  I've said this before in other threads but if it takes too long to catch on then most people will never show interest in it ever.

Let me ask you a question. What do you consider mass adoption? We can't achieve that as third world countries don't have proper internet connections to use Bitcoin. We can achieve an immense growth in third world countries as they can benefit the most from Bitcoin. Reaching all these people may cost 10 years, if not more.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 09:57:24 PM

Let me ask you a question. What do you consider mass adoption? We can't achieve that as third world countries don't have proper internet connections to use Bitcoin. We can achieve an immense growth in third world countries as they can benefit the most from Bitcoin. Reaching all these people may cost 10 years, if not more.

I guess what I consider mass adoption is adopted in the way the internet or cell phones have been adopted. Yes there are many people around the world who don't even have basic internet connections still but the proliferation in the 1st world is obvious to them they want and need to get on the train eventually. 

I've just always made the argument if Bitcoin is supposed to be this revolutionary thing then the marketcap can't stay too low forever before it risks fading out as a fad.
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 11:12:31 PM

I guess what I consider mass adoption is adopted in the way the internet or cell phones have been adopted. Yes there are many people around the world who don't even have basic internet connections still but the proliferation in the 1st world is obvious to them they want and need to get on the train eventually. 

I've just always made the argument if Bitcoin is supposed to be this revolutionary thing then the marketcap can't stay too low forever before it risks fading out as a fad.
Ok, now the question is, how long did it take cell phones or Internet to conquest the world?
Internet started in the end of 60s and pretty much till mid-80s, it was purely inter-university network.
Cell phones started with the first generation, fully analog back then in the beginning of 80s.
So in each case about thirty years in which our life has changed significantly. The initial ideas had undergone many changes since then as well!
Bitcoin has been launched in the end of 2009, meaning we have merely six years since its inception.
That leaves us with quite some time to get to the mass adoption. There are also several problems yet to be solved, like, e.g., make it light-weight enough so that the people who have no idea about block chain would be able to pay for their groceries.

this space is intentionally left blank
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 11:14:53 PM

If it did hit 10 thousand next year then it would likely be the prelude to a massively damaging collapse. I don't think it could gather enough 'real' users to support such a price in such a short time.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 01:07:25 AM

this is a fuckin shitpost, blacky
Well, technically it isn't, since this is the speculation section and we are free to speculate. As for your prediction blacky, 10k seems like a guaranteed goal during 2016, or maybe mid to late 2017. At some point the FOMO will kick in harder than Ronaldo's penalties and we will see everyone getting in at the same time.
w00t

Activity: 188
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 06:22:38 AM

with each halving the price should go up at least tenfold from last sort-of-stable levels, so unless it's at level of 2000-4000 USD per 1 BTC reaching in 2016 and stabilizing there in 2017 I would call it failure. If history tends to repeat itself I wouldn't be very surprised if we reach very shortly (a few days) 10k/1BTC in 2016 but that will be likely followed by a crash to a level of 1000 - 2000 USD.

Guys keep in mind that in order to make BTC succeed it has to grow exponentially, anything less won't do it.

First PC game is using Bitcoin as the currency: Fallout 2
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
hendra147

Activity: 644
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 06:24:44 AM

$10k=2016

your thoughts?
in my opoinion we can reach $10.000
2222 after all 21m bitcoin minned and after all people use bitcoin everyday
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 07:35:54 AM

While 10k is extremely unlikely for 2016 (not impossible - this is Bitcoin) I think we'll see a new price shock as we permanently move from 3-digits to 4. By the second halving of Bitcoin in summer my guess is back to the ATH with major waves up and down before. How is that a price shock? We all believe prices will go up eventually, but for many people, psychologically, it will be hard to grasp the former ATH is going to be the new base price. Before the end of 2016 I can imagine a new actual bubble just when everyone got used to 1k being stable. This is when BTC might bubble, not immediately after the halving but perhaps a few months later. And by bubble I'm thinking 2-3k. When it finally pops, we will go back to 1.5k or something like that.

This is all speculation, but I've been watching the market since 2011 and have often been wrong. If I had trusted my first gut feeling, I would have kept many more BTC, but I didn't. This post here is another gut feeling, no more no less.

10k? I expect more frustration and BTC obituaries after the next major bubble pops that will keep the price of BTC stagnating for another 2-3 years. So, perhaps 2020 or 2021, after yet another halving and if BTC is still around and kicking as a reserve currency, we will see a bubble reaching up to 10k.

I have often been wrong, but mostly because I underestimated Bitcoin by powers of 10. So, expect to be surprised.
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 08:14:44 AM

While 10k is extremely unlikely for 2016 (not impossible - this is Bitcoin) I think we'll see a new price shock as we permanently move from 3-digits to 4. By the second halving of Bitcoin in summer my guess is back to the ATH with major waves up and down before. How is that a price shock? We all believe prices will go up eventually, but for many people, psychologically, it will be hard to grasp the former ATH is going to be the new base price. Before the end of 2016 I can imagine a new actual bubble just when everyone got used to 1k being stable. This is when BTC might bubble, not immediately after the halving but perhaps a few months later. And by bubble I'm thinking 2-3k. When it finally pops, we will go back to 1.5k or something like that.

This is all speculation, but I've been watching the market since 2011 and have often been wrong. If I had trusted my first gut feeling, I would have kept many more BTC, but I didn't. This post here is another gut feeling, no more no less.

10k? I expect more frustration and BTC obituaries after the next major bubble pops that will keep the price of BTC stagnating for another 2-3 years. So, perhaps 2020 or 2021, after yet another halving and if BTC is still around and kicking as a reserve currency, we will see a bubble reaching up to 10k.

I have often been wrong, but mostly because I underestimated Bitcoin by powers of 10. So, expect to be surprised.
I actually share most of your thoughts that seem a very 'reasonable speculation'. I also believe the new ATH would not go beyond $2-3k, however I expect a sub-$1000 stable price in 2016 (actually closer to $600, rather than $1k). In case we get to the bubble area too fast that will have a very negative effect on the perception of Bitcoin and definitely won't help with further spreading the adoption. Also the more steep the bubble, the longer time to recover from it. It took us about 18 months in case of Mt. Gox bubble, this next one may take twice as much (pretty much to the following halving).

this space is intentionally left blank
hendra147

Activity: 644
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 08:44:39 AM

i like your style friend Smiley
we know bitcoin in 2010 is very cheap we can buying 1BTC=$1
nothing imposible with bitcoin price and everything can happen
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 09:46:21 AM

That is so funny that you can think so amount of money with in a year. If all people know about tjhta bitcoin will be 10K in 2016.

I just bet that everyone well use bitcoin now.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 09:56:53 AM

I actually share most of your thoughts that seem a very 'reasonable speculation'. I also believe the new ATH would not go beyond $2-3k, however I expect a sub-$1000 stable price in 2016 (actually closer to $600, rather than $1k). In case we get to the bubble area too fast that will have a very negative effect on the perception of Bitcoin and definitely won't help with further spreading the adoption. Also the more steep the bubble, the longer time to recover from it. It took us about 18 months in case of Mt. Gox bubble, this next one may take twice as much (pretty much to the following halving).

I'm totally with you on this one. A spike to 2k will probably bring us to the next ATH before plummeting back to 500-600 to stabalize. A similar run to the last 2 years can then also happen again, but the general thing is that the price keeps trending upwards in the big picture.
I do not fully agree with the longer recovery. In the earlier spikes the movements percentage wise were much bigger and recovery was shorter as well. The news associated with the dump may have a much larger influence, as people lost trust due to Mt. Gox.
Hettinger

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 10:34:30 AM

Highly doubt this will happen more like 1k maybe
Oceriw

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 10:37:29 AM

I hope that happens in 2016, that would be awesome for me as beginer. But that would not happen.
cptdome1

Activity: 386
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 11:27:04 AM

Naw
Zaun

Activity: 770

Forza Roma

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 11:36:59 AM

10.000 dollars in 2016 is a big dream, but I highly doubt that will happen.

Who knows maybe it will in that is good for people who use satoshi xD
Nameless Coin

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 12:12:41 PM

10K dollars is just to much money, so that means if I had just 0.1 Bitcoin tham I have 1000 dollars what that is to much.
But keep dreaming it won't happend in 2016.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: