Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:10:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $10k????  (Read 20001 times)
peta4e

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 07:15:21 PM

we can all dream about a day that bitcoin price is at $10K but honestly i don't see it happening in reality.
i am more interested in real prices especially if they are close like 6 months not 6 years.

Yeah that price is hardly to believe that bitcoin will reach that value in next couple of years, as expecting this high price would be wasting our time its better we believe in reality.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 10:59:28 PM

The halving is priced in. The halving after that is priced in. Everything about Bitcoin is priced in. Any predetermined event (e.g. halvings) or number (e.g. 21,000,000 maximum coins) based upon the original Bitcoin source code was priced in as soon as people started trading bitcoin.

Bitcoin may go up this year, but it won't have anything to do with the halving.
I agree that most of the price action this year will depend on the real development and not halving. We may get a pump similar to the one last November but that is it.
That won't get us beyond $500-600.

this space is intentionally left blank
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 04:57:04 PM

The halving is priced in. The halving after that is priced in. Everything about Bitcoin is priced in. Any predetermined event (e.g. halvings) or number (e.g. 21,000,000 maximum coins) based upon the original Bitcoin source code was priced in as soon as people started trading bitcoin.

Bitcoin may go up this year, but it won't have anything to do with the halving.

You are assuming that the markets are efficient.  Wink
A lot of trading happens based on sentiments and anticipation.
The myth that the price has to increase because of the halving is a self fulfilling prophecy.
sishendaoye

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 06:21:18 PM

We are very far from 10k in my opinion this will still take a couple of years maybe even more years.
Plus its also depending on this year if the halving is good and the price and users are growing it could happen in a couple years.
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1175

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 04:29:46 AM

We are very far from 10k in my opinion this will still take a couple of years maybe even more years.
Plus its also depending on this year if the halving is good and the price and users are growing it could happen in a couple years.

Even with the effect of the halving, this years price won't grow that much, not even in two years, it needs more and more user and buyer so that price would jump, but the problem is that people are buying it and selling it very early, and I think the effect of that is not good..
iram66680

Activity: 630

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 04:51:22 AM

$10k=2016

your thoughts?

Wishing, hoping, but if that happens, bitcoin would be illigal in a few weeks...
You mean if price ever increases to 10K, it will make bitcoin illegal?

May I ask why do you think so?
Illegal for what reason? It would just mean a lot of people would be billionaires just like Trump.
Then those people would use they new found valuable asset to do stupid and illegal things such as drugs and hookers. Then yes, I can see that.

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 04:55:14 AM

if it takes 10 years to reach $10,000 then it means that it will grow with more than $900 per year, which is insanely high. even that will not happen. we must be extremely happy if we see the price somewhere around $1000 after 2 or 3 years. that can be considered a great achievement. i think the upcoming block halving will lead to a temporary growth as i believe the price will get dumped down again. let's not expect too much from it.
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 08:00:35 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2016, 10:41:44 AM by uki

if it takes 10 years to reach $10,000 then it means that it will grow with more than $900 per year, which is insanely high. even that will not happen. we must be extremely happy if we see the price somewhere around $1000 after 2 or 3 years. that can be considered a great achievement. i think the upcoming block halving will lead to a temporary growth as i believe the price will get dumped down again. let's not expect too much from it.
I agree. People forget what a bear market is too fast. We had 18 month long bear, but it seems like a distant memory. I don't understand where all these optimism and $10k prices come from. There are no arguments other than wishful thinking to support that.

this space is intentionally left blank
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 04:17:48 PM

Yeah, That sounds very very  optimistic but it seems unlikely for 2016 considering the current trend.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 04:24:04 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.msg13481673#msg13481673

Altynbekova

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 07:41:06 PM

There are many scenario's possible but 10 k makes no sense. The charts at itself can look right, but you will find it very unrealistic when you compared it with realit.
A price going this high would make no sense to me.
Altcoinsupporter

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 08:10:22 PM

For me the price going this high would mean a big bonus. but i don't see it happening at all.
Most of us are here for a quit win but this would be just a dream come true. I may be that the price will never reach this high.
pissedoff

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 08:29:05 PM

For me the price going this high would mean a big bonus. but i don't see it happening at all.
Most of us are here for a quit win but this would be just a dream come true. I may be that the price will never reach this high.
Don't give your hopes up the bitcoin price could reach over $10k provided there are enough users.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 09:25:05 PM

Don't give your hopes up the bitcoin price could reach over $10k provided there are enough users.

Normal users don't make that much impact on the price. We need very wealthy investors to enter the Bitcoin market to see a real increase in the price. They have millions to throw into a certain investment. We need these kind of people.
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1101

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 10:06:18 PM

Normal users don't make that much impact on the price. We need very wealthy investors to enter the Bitcoin market to see a real increase in the price. They have millions to throw into a certain investment. We need these kind of people.

But I think at present we don't have that kind of investors, majority of bitcoin community involves normal users who are trying hard to earn bitcoins.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 10:20:44 PM

But I think at present we don't have that kind of investors, majority of bitcoin community involves normal users who are trying hard to earn bitcoins.

Well, the Gemini exchange was aiming to attract these high level investors, but so far they failed in doing so. Not sure what their future plans are, but their so called "Nasdaq of Bitcoin" exchange is quite a disappointment so far.
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 04:00:12 PM

That will take a long time I think. And that is impossible almost or you must wait a very long time and not everyone has that patience for it.
But we all know that it will take a long time and that we can have some profit, but we need to be realistic.

BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2942

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2016, 04:26:10 PM

10k is impossible and i think it will happen maybe in year 2050 for now this year we will see the price i think around 600-700 after halving..
I believe for that than saying that the price will increase to 5k each this year..
Just lets hope that the price will increase more after halving..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
bakingbad

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 05:48:38 PM

10k is impossible and i think it will happen maybe in year 2050 for now this year we will see the price i think around 600-700 after halving..
I believe for that than saying that the price will increase to 5k each this year..
it will surely happen way earlier in about 2020 because people will start adopting bitcoin at a very fast pace in the future and nothing will stop it

i think that bitcoin has a lot of potential to reach even bigger heights and become the national currency of a wide variety of countries
phreaky

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 04:00:50 PM

it will surely happen way earlier in about 2020 because people will start adopting bitcoin at a very fast pace in the future and nothing will stop it

i think that bitcoin has a lot of potential to reach even bigger heights and become the national currency of a wide variety of countries
It will not happen fast. Because you can see that the value is rising very slowly so that is bad. I hope later that there will be more people that use Bitcoin.
And that the value will be more in the future. But it is really hard to predict the value and that is quite scary.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: