Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:56:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL and public relations  (Read 9667 times)
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 01:00:03 AM

Today I got a call from Dave, BFL's new "Account Manager". I wasn't around to pick it up and will be calling him tomorrow. Does anyone have any questions for BFL aside from the generic "when"?

And has anyone else got a similar call?

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 01:20:39 AM

Yes actually. I'd like a more refined estimate of power consumption numbers if available. Thank you for asking. Smiley

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2012, 01:31:12 AM

You and about 400 other people, Garr... 

Anyway, for the record, Bitsnpieces is Frizz23, aka CptNemo, aka about 20 other accounts on the BFL forums.  I'm sure he'll come back and say "No I'm not" - but since he is on a dynamic IP connection and he used the same IP on multiple accounts, it's highly unlikely that it was a different person.  Especially when the same type of posts are made by brand new accounts from the same IP block allocated to Frizz's ISP.  Frizz has migrated to using proxies now, but it's pretty easy to pick him out the minute he posts, since he can't conceal his writing style and odd turns of phrase that aren't very common.

So yes, Bitsnpieces was banned for having multiple accounts only to stir up trouble.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
abeaulieu

Activity: 295

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 01:44:41 AM

Just guessing.

Guessing ... well, that's one of the major annoyances on http://forums.butterflylabs.com/
There are so many bootlickers and wannabe BFL employes on there that it's hard to filter out accurate information in all those tons of useless comments.
So many speculations and guesswork.

I posted my question ("working prototype") hoping that a BFL official would respond - but got banned instead.

It seems the purpose of those forums is only mutual sugarcoating and backslapping - to bear with the constantly delayed delivery dates.

There's also a lot of information on that site as well. Unfortunately it's heavily embedded in forum threads and simple questions do seem hit a nerve.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2012, 02:08:29 AM

I'm trying to get all the common, simple questions into the FAQ.  I certainly welcome any help on that front!

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 02:25:39 AM

Inaba,

Having had to deal with Atlas over here, I totally understand your pain with trolls constantly making new accounts.

Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 02:38:47 AM

Well surely...

It's great that you guys actually have someone trying to communicate with people. Remarkably better PR than about a year ago Tongue

What are these calls actually supposed to accomplish though? (I do have a few chips on a Mini-Rig that need replacing, so at least the timing of the call was good Tongue)

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2012, 04:10:39 AM

Well, we are trying to reach out and improve customer service.  We are just making our way through the back log of voice mails now, but going forward, it will be a point of contact phone wise for people.  That's one area that we have basically been totally non-existent in and it's something we are trying to rectify.

Our VM backlog was... huge to say the least.

Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 04:13:36 AM

I can attest. I received a call from Dave about a voicemail from June.  It was kinda nice that they didn't just drop it.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
abeaulieu

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 04:43:51 AM

Well, we are trying to reach out and improve customer service.  We are just making our way through the back log of voice mails now, but going forward, it will be a point of contact phone wise for people.  That's one area that we have basically been totally non-existent in and it's something we are trying to rectify.

I bet you can ship the voice-mail data to India and buy a Premium Support Package. I hear their PR is top-notch  Smiley
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2012, 04:55:05 AM

As long as you don't touch the Slurpee machine.

superfastkyle

Activity: 437

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 06:50:36 AM

I think its funny you get mad at all the trolls spamming these forums. How it is any different from you spamming the forums with all your advertisements? Haven't you in a way brought this on yourselves?

Anyway, for the record, Bitsnpieces is Frizz23, aka CptNemo, aka about 20 other accounts on the BFL forums.  I'm sure he'll come back and say "No I'm not" - but since he is on a dynamic IP connection and he used the same IP on multiple accounts, it's highly unlikely that it was a different person.  Especially when the same type of posts are made by brand new accounts from the same IP block allocated to Frizz's ISP.  Frizz has migrated to using proxies now, but it's pretty easy to pick him out the minute he posts, since he can't conceal his writing style and odd turns of phrase that aren't very common.

So yes, Bitsnpieces was banned for having multiple accounts only to stir up trouble.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 07:00:50 AM

I bet you can ship the voice-mail data to India and buy a Premium Support Package. I hear their PR is top-notch  Smiley

This guy would be perfect for the job Inaba,he handles many different companies calls  Cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQRxwdFJOvg

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Merrick

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 07:52:04 AM

As long as you don't touch the Slurpee machine.

I, for one, welcome our new slurpee machine overlords.

Seriously, good work playing catch up guys. That's at least something.
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 08:10:48 AM

I hardly think five months to return a phone call is praise worthy. That's some bad business mojo.

DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 01:27:13 PM

fairly successful history now of completing orders.

eventually...

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 07:06:45 PM

LOL ... sounds like Colin Powell and his story about weapons of mass destruction.

You guys at BFL seem to have a lot of spare time. For conspiracy theories. And censorship.

Why don't you use your time more productive and solder some PCB's and start shipping your long overdue mining equipment?

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2012, 07:14:59 PM

Because then what would you have to complain about, Frizz23?

davidspitzer

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 10:20:39 PM

I received a very nice phone call from BFL asking if I had all my questions answered from a previous question I had left for them - I told them yes and was looking forward to the new ASICS shipping - I am quite satisfied with the renewed and continuous effort being made by BFL to be responsive
abeaulieu

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 12:53:53 AM

I received a very nice phone call from BFL asking if I had all my questions answered from a previous question I had left for them - I told them yes and was looking forward to the new ASICS shipping - I am quite satisfied with the renewed and continuous effort being made by BFL to be responsive

I think this thread should be renamed to "BFL makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside"
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: