Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:55:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL and public relations  (Read 9667 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2012, 12:53:45 AM

From this day forward, I will no longer be critical of BFL or their staff unless they fail to produce.

Here's my olive branch: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=124314.msg1335969#msg1335969

~Bruno K.~
Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 04:57:50 PM

Frizz, why do you gotta be such a hater?

I just hate asshamsters that constantly try to convince themselves and everyone else that BFL will keep their promise and deliver beginning of October end of October beginning of November end of November start of December - and give everyone a roasting that has at least a little bit of common sense and distrust BFL.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 05:48:12 PM

Not ready to hate on umm...asshamsters?, but it does seem rather remarkable that so many would give any credibility to BFL's routinely pushed back release dates. These should come with a disclaimer like: "For entertainment value only", as plainly nothing can be planned around them.

Frizz23

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 06:06:45 PM

These should come with a disclaimer like: "For entertainment value only" ...

Cheesy

But the *real* disclaimer should be: "BFL does this pre-order and false promises thing to keep people from giving their money to Tom (bASIC)".

creativex

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 06:23:55 PM

Well if bASIC ships before BFL gets their ASIC products out the door, there are likely to be a whole mess of cancelled orders...orders that will end up going somewhere.

SLok

Activity: 568

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 07:23:26 PM

Frizz, why do you gotta be such a hater?

I just hate asshamsters that constantly try to convince themselves and everyone else that BFL will keep their promise and deliver beginning of October end of October beginning of November end of November start of December - and give everyone a roasting that has at least a little bit of common sense and distrust BFL.
Right, common sense, fake complaints and fake orders by fake people, you are your own asshamster. BFL has lost credibility on giving right delivery dates, your credibility is non-existant, your behavior psychopathic.

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
Frizz23

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 07:30:03 PM

BFL has lost credibility on giving right delivery dates, your credibility is non-existant, your behavior psychopathic.

What is your motivation for defending BFL so much? Do they pay you? If not - I seriously don't understand you. Or Lab_Rat. Or ...

superfastkyle

Activity: 437

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 08:43:41 PM

your dreaming if you think bfl will have the liquidity to do such a thing if that were to happen

Well if bASIC ships before BFL gets their ASIC products out the door, there are likely to be a whole mess of cancelled orders...orders that will end up going somewhere.
abeaulieu

Activity: 295

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 01:25:40 AM

your dreaming if you think bfl will have the liquidity to do such a thing if that were to happen

I believe that people have been getting refunded for their orders that have requested it...
Frizz23

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 08:10:39 AM

I believe that people have been getting refunded for their orders that have requested it...

I am sure BFL can handle the occasional refund. But what happens if everyone want's out at the same time (e.g. Tom/bASIC starts delivery before BFL does, or BFL delays shipments to 2013, etc.)?

For those of you old enough to remember the year 2000 here is what happens where everyone want's out at the same time: Crash

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 09:33:20 AM

I am sure BFL can handle the occasional refund. But what happens if everyone want's out at the same time (e.g. Tom/bASIC starts delivery before BFL does, or BFL delays shipments to 2013, etc.)?

For those of you old enough to remember the year 2000 here is what happens where everyone want's out at the same time: Crash

Wow Frizz23,you seem to have some fixation with BFL.Your last months of posts have been nothing but attack after attack on BFL.

You need to seek help dude.If you don't,we will hear about you on the news...................... Roll Eyes

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Frizz23

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 02:15:07 PM

Wow Frizz23,you seem to have some fixation with BFL.Your last months of posts have been nothing but attack after attack on question after question for BFL.

My "fixation" - as you called it - started about the same time BFL broke their delivery date promise (the first time!). Do you see some connection there, Watson? Wink

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2012, 03:05:18 PM

Wow Frizz23,you seem to have some fixation with BFL.Your last months of posts have been nothing but attack after attack on BFL.

You need to seek help dude.If you don't,we will hear about you on the news...................... Roll Eyes

My doctor told me that I had butterflies in my belfry, which caused me to flutter. The only cure was to migrate away from threads that trigger the affection, thus allowing the tinfoil antennae time to heal.
Meatball

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 10:46:04 PM

My doctor told me that I had butterflies in my belfry, which caused me to flutter. The only cure was to migrate away from threads that trigger the affection, thus allowing the tinfoil antennae time to heal.

Gadzooks my man, the only true cure is More Cow Bell!
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 02:02:03 AM

Wow Frizz23,you seem to have some fixation with BFL.Your last months of posts have been nothing but attack after attack on question after question for BFL.

My "fixation" - as you called it - started about the same time BFL broke their delivery date promise (the first time!). Do you see some connection there, Watson? Wink

Oh waaaaa,you didn't see it coming Huh  Roll Eyes

I did & won't be surprised if it happens again,pissed yes,but not surprised.I also expect bASIC to maybe have a delay also.

Avalon has already stated a delivery date of Feb thru March,as has Deepbit too,so no comp there.....yet.

So go ahead & piss in the wind some more,I find you entertaining,in a scary way  Roll Eyes

Phinnaeus Gage,you are a hoot  Cheesy I get a REAL kick from your posts,in a good way  Cool

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 02:33:29 AM

I am not a BFL hater. I just knew they were lying about shipping dates. It was a calculated decision to be the first to suck money from
asic buyers and it worked. Past performance shows they have no problem telling fibs about when a product will be ready to ship. Now I
am not saying they are not building the actual product but they are quite shady when it comes to being honest about time lines which
was done to get the money first. Therefore I have no problem with people disliking BFL. They sorta deserve it at this point.

2013 will be the shipping year for most of the orders. I predict they will squirt out a few before 2012 just to say they shipped in 2012 but
that is about it. They will not ship the hundred and first order until Feb-march.
meowmeowbrowncow

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 02:54:35 AM

I am not a BFL hater. I just knew they were lying about shipping dates. It was a calculated decision to be the first to suck money from
asic buyers and it worked. Past performance shows they have no problem telling fibs about when a product will be ready to ship. Now I
am not saying they are not building the actual product but they are quite shady when it comes to being honest about time lines which
was done to get the money first. Therefore I have no problem with people disliking BFL. They sorta deserve it at this point.

2013 will be the shipping year for most of the orders. I predict they will squirt out a few before 2012 just to say they shipped in 2012 but
that is about it. They will not ship the hundred and first order until Feb-march.

The effectiveness of marketing schemes that either bend truth or omit truth is based on maturity of the market. 

I don't see mining as a mature market where miners are treating mining as a business and by that fact less willing to go on faith and more willing to withhold capex until a vendor meets realistic, concrete expectations.

No single consumer will have an effect on vendor behavior.  Organization, by definition of maturity, of the mining community is necessary and sadly I don't see that happening any time soon.

"Bitcoin has been an amazing ride, but the most fascinating part to me is the seemingly universal tendency of libertarians to immediately become authoritarians the very moment they are given any measure of power to silence the dissent of others."  - The Bible
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 03:01:07 AM

Avalon has already stated a delivery date of Feb thru March,as has Deepbit too,so no comp there.....yet.

Actually, that was their old target date. It has since been moved up to January 14th, 2013 with a reasonable possibility [unconfirmed] to as early as December. They just recently posted the tech they are using to build their products.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=120184.msg1338015#msg1338015

BFL is infamous for lengthening their target dates.

bASIC is known for keeping their target dates.

Avalon is known for shortening thier target dates.
creativex

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 03:11:20 AM

Actually, that was their old target date. It has since been moved up to January 14th, 2013 with a reasonable possibility [unconfirmed] to as early as December. They just recently posted the tech they are using to build their products.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=120184.msg1338015#msg1338015

BFL is infamous for LYING about their target dates.

bASIC is known for keeping their target dates.

Avalon is known for shortening thier target dates.

Typo bug = squashed. No charge bro. Wink

bitcoindaddy

Activity: 481

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 03:14:38 AM

BFL wants nothing more than to ship their product. They know that a lot of people are waiting before ordering. You think they have a lot of orders now? Wait until they start shipping product.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: