Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:01:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best BTC Trading Exchange  (Read 1172 times)
cptdome1 (OP)

Activity: 386
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 05:41:25 PM

What do you guys recommend?  I see Kraken looks interesting.  Anything else?
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 05:44:51 PM

kraken is good because it has no id, there is also poloniex without id up to 2k

or you can try https://www.itbit.com/
omahapoker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 05:48:04 PM

But Kraken is the only who is having a few problems in the last few days (ddos attack they say)...

FruitsBasket
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 05:59:18 PM

The sites I recommend are:
Poloniex = big exchange, chat is not very helpful
Yobit = smalller exchange, very awesome people and helpful

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 06:02:01 PM

What do you guys recommend?  I see Kraken looks interesting.  Anything else?
You question is too vague. You need to specify what you ask for:

1. Currency of the exchange: USD, Euro, Yuan.
2. Location of the exchange.
3. Transparency, security and stability of the exchange.
4. Are you find with knowing that exchange has access to your full IDs?
cptdome1 (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 06:26:31 PM

Sorry to clarify a little more.  I just would like to trade BTC for USD/EUR etc. and then back to BTC.  Basically just day trading btc.  Not trying to turn btc in fiat.  I am looking for a an exchange with high volumes, and a low bid/ask.

Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 06:58:38 PM

It depends where are you from OP. If you are from Europe, then go with Kraken. Yes, they had few accessibility problems in the last few days but there is no exchange that doesn't face such problems. Kraken makes verification easy even for modest amounts and SEPA withdrawals and funding is cheap and effective.

If you are not from Europe than let us know where are you from and we will be able to give you a more precise instructions.
Bisha

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 07:38:01 PM

Decentralized exchanges, remember to keep your coins safe! Only problem is liquidity at the moment.

Stratis: Same supply as Ethereum + Masternodes + ICOs + Bitcoin a Core Dev. 90% cheaper than Eth. Do the math.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 08:18:13 PM

Bitstamp is very good, amongst the best you can find.

cptdome1 (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 08:37:51 PM

Do you need full ID and verification at bitstamp?  Ultimately I just want to daytrade BTC vs USD.  And then withdraw the BTC back to my wallet when needed.  bitstamp looks to have a liquid market, but I dont want to give them my full ID, etc.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 08:43:10 PM

Do you need full ID and verification at bitstamp?  Ultimately I just want to daytrade BTC vs USD.  And then withdraw the BTC back to my wallet when needed.  bitstamp looks to have a liquid market, but I dont want to give them my full ID, etc.

Bitstamp indeed needs full id verification. They want ultra high resolution scans of your documents. That's what I had to do in order to start trading there. It's annoying, but it is only 1 time.
cptdome1 (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 08:44:16 PM

Bitstamp indeed needs full id verification. They want ultra high resolution scans of your documents. That's what I had to do in order to start trading there. It's annoying, but it is only 1 time.

even to just trade BTC/USD and only withdraw BTC?  not planning on withdrawing USD
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 09:17:26 PM

even to just trade BTC/USD and only withdraw BTC?  not planning on withdrawing USD

If you only deposit and withdraw coins you can also use Bitfinex without being verified. That's a big player and it has leverage too if you're feeling bold.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 09:23:44 PM

Check out BTC-e, they are very relaxed when it comes to ID.

cptdome1 (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 10:03:22 PM

If you only deposit and withdraw coins you can also use Bitfinex without being verified. That's a big player and it has leverage too if you're feeling bold.

cool thanks!
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 01:03:42 AM

Do you know any exchange similar to BTC-e which operates with GBP?
I am sick and tired. I tried register on every single one of English exchange markets just to see info that I need to send them picture of myself with ID in my hand.
bitcoinmar

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 01:07:54 AM

I am sick and tired. I tried register on every single one of English exchange markets just to see info that I need to send them picture of myself with ID in my hand.
You can try this exchange I just check looks like very good https://www.coinimal.com/
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 01:14:00 AM

BTC-e is unique. There's no other major exchange with fiat markets that doesn't give a shit about ID. It did have a GBP market for a while but it would've taken so long to get money on there you might as well have done a foreign transfer anyway.

There ain't many UK exchanges because none of them have UK banking. You'd be hard pressed to find anywhere British based that won't have ID demands up the jacksy anyway. Even localbitcoins sellers all seem to want ID these days.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 02:45:41 AM

It depends where are you from OP. If you are from Europe, then go with Kraken. Yes, they had few accessibility problems in the last few days but there is no exchange that doesn't face such problems. Kraken makes verification easy even for modest amounts and SEPA withdrawals and funding is cheap and effective.

If you are not from Europe than let us know where are you from and we will be able to give you a more precise instructions.

also, weren't they the first exchange with proof of reserves/solvency?
makcik

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 07:43:58 AM

Bitcoins rate is increasing nowadays and of course trading can be very good. Trading is like buying bitcoins at a price and selling it when you think there's a price high.
The rates of bitcoins is highest now and it's time for the best bitcoin exchange, 1BTC can get you upto 340-350US$ , and upto 30,000 rs. So, it's the best time for trading and you can be in a profit
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: