Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:29:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This a double spend attempt?  (Read 1297 times)
ProfessionalGoogler (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 07:44:58 PM

https://blockchain.info/tx/d20e71f16ffc80479121f4597c5d448fa0813b11acbe0fb6979bbc92bac10039

It has been half a day without a confirm. He was suppose to be sending escrow money.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6099

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 07:49:18 PM

I don't think so , if it was Double spend Blockchain.info should show a message about it .
As you can see it says Medium Priority , when you put the cursor on that sign near it , it will tell you that you paid inferior fees then the recommended ones and that was the reason of the delay , so you need to wait . In case it never gets confirmed money may just get back to the owner . Still ... don't trust 0 confirmation transactions .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 07:51:03 PM

That transaction looks like a bunch of small inputs transacted into one address, which shouldn't be malicious by itself.
Can you give more info about who was supposed to escrow, what etc.  Looking at the size of the fee, i'm surprised it still didn't confirm.
ProfessionalGoogler (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 07:51:23 PM

I don't think so , if it was Double spend Blockchain.info should show a message about it .
As you can see it says Medium Priority , when you put the cursor on that sign near it , it will tell you that you paid inferior fees then the recommended ones and that was the reason of the delay , so you need to wait . In case it never gets confirmed money may just get back to the owner . Still ... don't trust 0 confirmation transactions .

Idk escrow claims funny stuff might be going on and that he is no longer watching this, suggesting it will not confirm.

ProfessionalGoogler (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 07:53:27 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1193388.0
That transaction looks like a bunch of small inputs transacted into one address, which shouldn't be malicious by itself.
Can you give more info about who was supposed to escrow, what etc.  Looking at the size of the fee, i'm surprised it still didn't confirm.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6099

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 07:57:41 PM

Idk escrow claims funny stuff might be going on and that he is no longer watching this, suggesting it will not confirm.

Looking at the adress I'd say it's OgNasty ? he is a trusted member as far as I know so there is nothing to worry about on that part , same goes for your items I guess ? I mean you didn't ship anything right ? so if that transaction don't get confirmed you simply don't send anything and that's it , you try to find another serious buyer to sell your goods .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ProfessionalGoogler (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 07:59:17 PM

Looking at the adress I'd say it's OgNasty ? he is a trusted member as far as I know so there is nothing to worry about on that part , same goes for your items I guess ? I mean you didn't ship anything right ? so if that transaction don't get confirmed you simply don't send anything and that's it , you try to find another serious buyer to sell your goods .
Looking at the fee that was included and the address' history of what appears to be multiple double spend attempts, I am not going to follow this transaction anymore.

Let me know if it ever confirms (it won't).  ProfessionalGoogler, if you wanted to create a scam accusation, this address is all the proof you need: 17YEaLjrxygTBtm2aRgPmLvm8neUTkWmie

Please don't ask me any questions or debate this with me.  I don't want to waste any more time on this.
ajareselde
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 08:02:38 PM

There's another unconfirmed transaction from those inputs (https://blockchain.info/tx/5d331af8fb81f39cdd95db47dbc9a7329016122fd9863a57492ca088e430a2ff) and it sure does look fishy.
Under no circumstances take it seriously if it doesnt atleast have few confirmations. I would search for another buyer in the meantime, and if this does confirm, ognasty will surely return it
to the sender if there's no trade.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 08:03:55 PM

https://blockchain.info/tx/5d331af8fb81f39cdd95db47dbc9a7329016122fd9863a57492ca088e430a2ff?show_adv=true

seems the originating funds do not total the 4btc+ needed..
plus another 4btc was tx's within 3 hours, which again looks to not have enough funds..

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6535

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 08:57:06 PM

It is a large transaction with a small fee. It is over 25 Kb. A good enough fee for that should be at least 0.0025 BTC, but the fee is only 0.0008, which is too small for a transaction of that size. It should confirm eventually. If the money is going to you, you could attempt a CPFP transaction to get it to confirm faster, or you can just wait for it to confirm normally.

ajareselde
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 09:46:35 PM

It is a large transaction with a small fee. It is over 25 Kb. A good enough fee for that should be at least 0.0025 BTC, but the fee is only 0.0008, which is too small for a transaction of that size. It should confirm eventually. If the money is going to you, you could attempt a CPFP transaction to get it to confirm faster, or you can just wait for it to confirm normally.

Regardless of the fee, by my count also the originating address doesn't seam to have enough funds to cover all of the outputs.
I doubt it will even get confirmed.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 09:51:14 PM

Regardless of the fee, by my count also the originating address doesn't seam to have enough funds to cover all of the outputs.
That is not at all possible. No wallet would allow that, no node would relay the transaction, and blockchain.info would not accept that nor display the transaction. Your math is wrong.

ProfessionalGoogler (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 11:03:46 PM

That is not at all possible. No wallet would allow that, no node would relay the transaction, and blockchain.info would not accept that nor display the transaction. Your math is wrong.

Looking at the fee that was included and the address' history of what appears to be multiple double spend attempts, I am not going to follow this transaction anymore.

Let me know if it ever confirms (it won't).  ProfessionalGoogler, if you wanted to create a scam accusation, this address is all the proof you need: 17YEaLjrxygTBtm2aRgPmLvm8neUTkWmie

Please don't ask me any questions or debate this with me.  I don't want to waste any more time on this.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 11:13:21 PM

Let me know if it ever confirms (it won't).  ProfessionalGoogler, if you wanted to create a scam accusation, this address is all the proof you need: 17YEaLjrxygTBtm2aRgPmLvm8neUTkWmie

Please don't ask me any questions or debate this with me.  I don't want to waste any more time on this.
Well I think it will confirm. There is no indication that there is a double spend yet.

tazdas

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 12:21:07 AM

I am the one who sent the 2 payments..

My first payment was sent to Bitmain for an S7.

and the second one to OGnasty for escrow  for

My bitcoin client = v0.10.2  Bit coin core.

Can somebody please help me figure out how to get confirmations.

I have sent payment to various ppl on the forum without any problems
tazdas

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 12:22:13 AM

ProfessionalGoogler, i can assure there is no scam.

you have my address and phone so if you like we can talk as well.
tazdas

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 03:56:37 AM

I have asked for help in the below  thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=232979.new#new

I chose the default fees that was asked uisng the quick payment method by bitcoin core client, and never knew this will casue me so much headache.

In the past, paymenst with default fees used to get confirmed in 2-4 hrs..

Based on some of the comments above, I may just have to wait

tazdas

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 05:39:17 PM

Ok so looks like both of my transactions in questioin here now have confirmations .

Should be all ok now

Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 05:47:19 PM

My bitcoin client = v0.10.2  Bit coin core.

You are the problem, bro ...
max1972

Activity: 79

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 06:10:23 PM

Пoдcкaжитe пoжaлyйcтa! Пepeвeл мoнeты (кoмиccию нe включил), yжe двoe cyтoк виcит в cтaтyce HEПOДTBEPЖДEHHAЯ TPAHЗAКЦИЯ! Ceйчac пoнимaю чтo этo из зa oтcyтcтвия кoмиccии... Ecли в тeчeнии 2 cyтoк тpaнзaкция нe пoдтвepдитcя, тo пpocтo пoтepяю эти дeньги (cтaвкa нa BITBET). пoдcкaжитe пoжaлyйcтa, чтo в мoeм cлyчae мoжнo cдeлaть? мoжнo ли кaк тo дoплaтить кoмиccию тeпepь или yжe пoзднo? 085fbe005ba130d926b5f2cd55516d0c705f70448dc9cd427e668f3c7ec98ca6
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: