Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:32:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ▶[170k+ Paid] Cryptex.io Investment Wallet - 0.5%-0.8% Hourly + 10% Affiliate ◀  (Read 15474 times)
Brob12321

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:15:49 PM

I want to invest, is it still paying?

No it is not paying, I currently have 2 pending withdrawals and the last posted withdrawal on the website was on the 18th.  If you invest here it is a donation to the admin, it is up to you.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mixan
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

TRUMP IS DOING THE BEST! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:56:46 PM

I want to invest, is it still paying?
Not paying now as several users of their program has pointed out. It looks like they awaited until the first few investor's got their payments in full then just closed up withdrawals now as they are pending for last 48 hours.
I pity those that are still putting those deposits as you can see they are still being initialized from yesterday and today.

The parasite hates three things: free markets, free will, and free men.
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 10:01:06 PM

Okay, I just looked at the list of top client statistics on Cryptex.io and the list states that I have withdrawn 16  clam but that's not true.  I managed to withdraw 7 clam before the shutdown and I have 4 in the que to be withdrawn, so statistics are not true.
mixan
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:06:11 PM

I see your point mixan but can you give an example of HYIP that is not on their list ?
Winspiral. He is a member on this board and on another forum. He has been here for quite a while and longer on the other forum and I highly doubt he will jeopardize his reputation on both forums to cheat his HYIP members.

mixan
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:07:45 PM

Okay, I just looked at the list of top client statistics on Cryptex.io and the list states that I have withdrawn 16  clam but that's not true.  I managed to withdraw 7 clam before the shutdown and I have 4 in the que to be withdrawn, so statistics are not true.
So it is certain and proven that the statistics are false?
Then someone who uses this site mark this with one of those big red scam graphics as to show newbie members not to invest into this Ponzi scheme as it is not paying out as of now as a confirmed scam.

cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 10:24:43 PM

Okay, I just looked at the list of top client statistics on Cryptex.io and the list states that I have withdrawn 16  clam but that's not true.  I managed to withdraw 7 clam before the shutdown and I have 4 in the que to be withdrawn, so statistics are not true.
Then someone who uses this site mark this with one of those big red scam graphics as to show newbie members not to invest into this Ponzi scheme as it is not paying out as of now as a confirmed scam.

Well, I did re-invest clam a couple times but did not withdraw them as purported....so if they are counting re-investments as withdrawals then maybe that could explain the discrepancies.  However, it doesn't look good at all!  How is it that theses guys keep getting away with kind of stuff....it's ruining the image of Bitcoin.  Last night there was a clip on the BBC that claimed that the Bitcoin environment was nothing but scammers, thieves, drug dealers, and terrorists.  I guess the EU is having a meeting today to investigate the recent attacks in France and allegations that the attack was funded with Bitcoin.  Not looking good for crypto-world for sure.  Thieves are ruining it for all of us!
mixan
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:39:05 PM

Well, I did re-invest clam a couple times but did not withdraw them as purported....so if they are counting re-investments as withdrawals then maybe that could explain the discrepancies.  However, it doesn't look good at all!  How is it that theses guys keep getting away with kind of stuff....it's ruining the image of Bitcoin.  Last night there was a clip on the BBC that claimed that the Bitcoin environment was nothing but scammers, thieves, drug dealers, and terrorists.  I guess the EU is having a meeting today to investigate the recent attacks in France and allegations that the attack was funded with Bitcoin.  Not looking good for crypto-world for sure.  Thieves are ruining it for all of us!
I don't know how they do, to be honest. It is just targeted to the unknown and unexperienced in this wild west of the bitcoin culture. There will always be people who will scam others of their bitcoin and they get away with it and just come back with a new scheme under another site. It is a never ending cycle.
I missed that broadcast of the BBC last night. Maybe make a thread about it and post a link. It would be interesting to see it and maybe point this site as one of the accusers of tarnishing the bitcoin name.

supermoney
Legendary

Activity: 1161
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:42:56 PM

That's why I love it. Mostly like a jungle, don't you think so?
The more you use your head and the more you "win"  Wink
jonniemarbles

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:52:28 PM

Really frustrated at the moment. To me it's fairly obvious what has happened:

The site got scammed by an insider. They are having to review every payment manually which is causing huge delays. I had planned on making a pretty big investment (6.5 BTC) the day they stopped paying out. I've written to the admins explaining the situation and, well, as I've said before: if they are scammers they are doing it pretty badly. I think it's more likely that the site has experienced technical and security issues and, the moment they begin paying out again (not the moment someone posts "I got a payout!" on here, but the moment I've confirmed it personally) I'll be reinvesting everything + my other capital. I've had

What's not helping is everybody screaming "Ponzi! Ponzi!" like fire in a crowded theatre. It's basically created the equivalent of a bank run - they can't pay out everyone all at once, a lot of the money is tied up in ongoing transactions, so the admins are scared & slowing down payouts until things stabilise.

Am I worried about my BTC? Sure. But I'm also not as panicky as a lot of people on this forum - I invested a small fraction of my capital, have gotten most of it back and am itching to reinvest. However, the current security issues (some of which are actually being exacerbated by the rush to judgement on here) are crippling the platform.

I'll say it one more time: if it's a scam, it's a terrible one. The amount "stolen" is a pittance compared to what a developer of this caliber could make doing "honest" work, without the risk of ending up in jail. Actually sit down and do the math - even if the withdrawals are overstated (either due to bad coding or deliberately) the site runners have walked away with a couple of grand at most - before you factor in their time, dividing the spoils etc. etc.

Am I depositing any more in Cryptex? Not until I've seen people getting paid out (myself included). I don't advise anyone else to either. I'll be making my withdrawal within the next 24 hours - after that I'm on holiday. If I get paid, I'm reinvesting. If not, well, I was careful to only invest a tiny fraction of my capital anyway, so I'll just get on with life.

Either way I'll report back here with the outcome. My expectation? Next time I report back to you I'll be the biggest investor on the site, and a week after that I will have made thousands in returns. Until then, stay safe out there Smiley
james.lent

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 12:37:55 AM

Really frustrated at the moment. To me it's fairly obvious what has happened:

The site got scammed by an insider. They are having to review every payment manually which is causing huge delays. I had planned on making a pretty big investment (6.5 BTC) the day they stopped paying out. I've written to the admins explaining the situation and, well, as I've said before: if they are scammers they are doing it pretty badly. I think it's more likely that the site has experienced technical and security issues and, the moment they begin paying out again (not the moment someone posts "I got a payout!" on here, but the moment I've confirmed it personally) I'll be reinvesting everything + my other capital. I've had

-snip-

Firstly, the insider part was just a part of the scheme to slow things down and gain sympathy. Secondly, have you lost your marbles in deciding to invest 6.5btc? There are so many more legit ways you can earn with that kindda coins, not saying its much buts its sufficient capital.

Owners of sites like this will disappear immediately when they see that much coins in their wallet. Some even flee with 1btc. So yeah, end of the day everyone knows the risk so RIP cryptex.io lol
jonniemarbles

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 12:59:58 AM

[/quote]

Firstly, the insider part was just a part of the scheme to slow things down and gain sympathy.

Owners of sites like this will disappear immediately when they see that much coins in their wallet. Some even flee with 1btc. So yeah, end of the day everyone knows the risk so RIP cryptex.io lol
[/quote]

Roll Eyes Again, do the math - it's just not worth it for them to walk away with such a small amount, particularly when the site was growing *exponentially* prior to this!

But, as I say, I'm smart enough to do due diligence - I've now made my withdrawl, as of about 30 minutes ago. It's pending. I'm going on holiday tomorrow - will check back regularly to see if this TX works. At the moment there has been a 24 hour delay since the last withdrawal but people are acting like they haven't been paying out for weeks. If I was the admin I'd be tearing my hear out trying to get the problems fixed so that people stop saying things that have the potential to ruin a platform I spent weeks working on.

I just get the feeling people on here don't understand how A.) Web development or B.) Ponzi schemes work. You don't engage in a criminal enterprise of this magnitude then run just when people were starting to invest larger and larger sums. It just doesn't make financial or temporal sense. In code terms they'd be working for less than minimum wage, and risking their livelihoods and freedom to do so. It'd be like spending 36 hours robbing a 7/11 for loose change!

Will the site ever pay out again? Maybe not. But if it doesn't, there's a decent chance that it'll be because people like you took one look at an introductory offer (0.8% an hour) and screamed "scam!", making the site unworkable because they were likely paying 90% + of their profits out as ROI with these introductory offers.

Cryptocurrencies (like all currencies) require trust in order to work. I agree with everyone else on here - wait till they've been paying out for a day or two before investing anything more. But a 24 hour blip does not = Ponzi scheme!
james.lent

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 01:07:57 AM

-snip-

Will the site ever pay out again? Maybe not. But if it doesn't, there's a decent chance that it'll be because people like you took one look at an introductory offer (0.8% an hour) and screamed "scam!", making the site unworkable because they were likely paying 90% + of their profits out as ROI with these introductory offers.

Cryptocurrencies (like all currencies) require trust in order to work. I agree with everyone else on here - wait till they've been paying out for a day or two before investing anything more. But a 24 hour blip does not = Ponzi scheme!

You still don't get the situation here i guess. Most of the sites on this sub-section (Investor-based games), are probably owned by a few serial scammers. It's not hard to notice from their speech context and the way they compose the OP thread and giveaways , etc. This has now been going on for a very very long-time. I didn't scream scam at first, as you can see i only tagged OPs profile recently when the amounts of issues started to pile up.

They are all a ponzi scheme, if its not, why would he need to sell his script to recover ? If they're legitimately making an income , then they wont come up with this hacked and other utter nonsense of an excuse to keep stalling payments
jonniemarbles

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 03:30:35 AM
Last edit: November 21, 2015, 03:41:31 AM by jonniemarbles

You still don't get the situation here i guess. Most of the sites on this sub-section (Investor-based games), are probably owned by a few serial scammers. It's not hard to notice from their speech context and the way they compose the OP thread and giveaways , etc. This has now been going on for a very very long-time. I didn't scream scam at first, as you can see i only tagged OPs profile recently when the amounts of issues started to pile up.

They are all a ponzi scheme, if its not, why would he need to sell his script to recover ? If they're legitimately making an income , then they wont come up with this hacked and other utter nonsense of an excuse to keep stalling payments
[/quote]

Look up what a ponzi scheme actually is. If these guys were, as you claim, professional, experienced scam artists they wouldn't make so many rookie mistakes. I have never and will never run a ponzi scheme, and I would have made 10x the amount of cash these guys have.

As for them selling the script: if one of my major developers had just defrauded me I'd be trying to sell my script before he did too. It's going to end up out there anyway, so why not sell it (hey, by all means show how they're selling it etc. - hell I have the money, I'll buy it).

A real scam wouldn't suddenly stop *all* payments like this - scammer or not it'd cost the operators $$$. There are a million better ways to run both a scam and a legit investment platform - the one and only reason for this kind of behaviour is technical fault and/or insider malfeasance. Otherwise it's A.) not worth the risk/reward ratio (unless these guys were like living on the streets before B.) a terrible way to run a scam. The site still links here - here! - a place where everyone is smugly calling a site with a few problems a ponzi scheme. The admin would at least come online to try and reassure people - a few hundred words of prose could mean a huge amount of extra cash. Instead he is probably off somewhere 1.) furiously trying to plug the holes in the actual site 2.) having a minor nervous breakdown as s/he watches several months of work fall apart because of a few bad apples.

Ironically, the admin does badly need to get on here and explain what's taking so long - even though the very fact they haven't is proof positive to me they aren't a professional level scammer. That and rookie stuff like *all* payments suddenly stopping (you'd have to be stupid to run a scam that ended like that - it's just too obvious and awful timing, right when people like me are building the confidence to invest big money!).

Once they've got their wallet and security issues sorted they'll start paying again. Again, just my opinion, and one I'm not backing up with my crypto till I see my money on the table (3 hours BTW and still 'pending' - I'll let you know when it changes and I reinvest).

Edit: If the situation hasn't changed within the next 72 hours I'm going to take my 6.5 BTC and put it somewhere else. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good investment platform? I am sick of my money gathering dust in cold storage.
Cryptex.io (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 03:49:48 AM

Hello everyone.

We are sorry to announce the closure of Cryptex.io. The past few days have been havoc, we have dived into our capital as far as we can and processed payouts as much as we had left, and now, we are left without a single cent of capital.

How?

As you all know, our old developer (who we have all personal information, if you require this and feel it may benefit getting your funds back, send us an email and we will give this information freely) had remaining access to the sites coin servers, where we operated all transactions that were not in trading were being stored.

The following was stolen:
3.89 BTC
4.25mil DOGE
50 CLAMS
120 DASH
102 LTC

The loss cut into over 65% of our holdings. We had only just withdrawn our trading profit to cover the next few days of withdrawals, and he took the worst opportunity in regards to our timing to strike.

We took the loss 'on the chin' and reviewed all accounts and investments to be sure he did not fill up an account to keep withdrawing from, after successful reviews we proceeded to conduct financial reports, at this point in time we were processing withdrawals manually as you all know. We used up the rest of our capital, we were now down to 0 in every coin. In the last few days we have done everything possible to gain more capital to get cryptex back on its feet but our efforts, no matter how long we try to continue, can not keep the platform going.

Those who accuse us of being a ponzi, this situation has not helped our claims despite our efforts to be better than the rest. We understand your mindset will not change, but if we had the intention of stealing, would we really go for such a low and petty amount? We leave those in that category with that thought.

On behalf of the whole cryptex team, we apologise and at the same time thank you for your support throughout this crazy rollercoaster. We hope one day we can come back, return all members and their full ROI and get Cryptex back on the road, bigger and better than ever.

-Cryptex.io
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]  All
  Print  

Jump to: