Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:51:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Psychopaths trying to control Bitcoin!  (Read 2618 times)
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 05:09:19 PM

So it would be better if they have forked without noticed? Are you being serious?

Seriously - we are sick of the threat of forks - please "fork" and just see how you lose already!

(like typical bullies you think that these threats are going to intimidate us - but now you are learning that your threats are hollow)

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 05:13:44 PM

So it would be better if they have forked without noticed? Are you being serious?

Seriously - we are sick of the threat of forks - please "fork" and just see how you lose already!

(like typical bullies you think that these threats are going to intimidate us - but now you are learning that your threats are hollow)

WTF are you talking about?

BIP 101 is good only if 75% network adopts, as far as I now, that's a majority...

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 05:15:00 PM

BIP 101 is good only if 75% network adopts, as far as I now, that's a majority...

And where is it at now percentage-wise?

If it was just about that then we wouldn't need CEO's to be making threats would we (am guessing you didn't read the article that was linked in the OP)?

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

Trance

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 05:28:32 PM

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/coinbase-ceo-brian-armstrong-bip-is-the-best-proposal-we-ve-seen-so-far-1446584055

Typically CEOs are psychopaths and now they are circling around Bitcoin and trying to fuck it up.

I think we should remember that Gavin and Mike have aligned themselves with such psychos and in fact are wanting to control Bitcoin themselves (so perhaps themselves are wannabe psychos).

IMO Bitcoin does not need psychos (feel free to rant).

Little do you know Satoshi Nakamoto is a psychopath Wink

Some people are so poor ALL they have is money
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 05:30:19 PM

Little do you know Satoshi Nakamoto is a psychopath Wink

Well for a psychopath he seems to strangely not crave power or recognition (unless he plans to come back and control the world with his 1M+ BTC in a few years - and if he does just that then you will be correct).

knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 05:32:03 PM

Why you consider a fork as a threat is beyond me. Forking is the whole point of open source systems and if a fork happens, Core devs will be the sole responsible as they tried to hijack it.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 05:34:53 PM

Why you consider a fork as a threat is beyond me. Forking is the whole point of open source systems and if a fork happens, Core devs will be the sole responsible as they tried to hijack it.

You seem to be rather naive - if you fork Bitcoin then you are going to fuck up everyone's BTC.

This is not the point of Bitcoin at all - and if we had a bunch of forks then actually BTC would be worth nothing.

Perhaps you don't understand the difference between a "fork" and a "separate blockchain" (I really wish you'd learn about these things before spouting off about them).

knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 05:46:18 PM

You seem to be rather naive - if you fork Bitcoin then you are going to fuck up everyone's BTC.

This is not the point of Bitcoin at all - and if we had a bunch of forks then actually BTC would be worth nothing.

Perhaps you don't understand the difference between a "fork" and a "separate blockchain" (I really wish you'd learn about these things before spouting off about them).

A fork creates two separate blockchain AFAIK. Of course forking without consensus is undesirable but we are now at a cross road where no consensus will ever been achieve. There is no consensus for the status quo and small block proponents are about to understand what does that mean. Core have miserably failed to provide a compromised that would satisfy both camp on a timely manner. Bitcoin is not just a technical experiment, its is also a human behaviour experiment.  Now we are experiencing its teenage crisis and this situation is part of its maturation process. No one clearly knows how this will ends up but one thing is for sure, one side won't be able to drag the other one on its path. Unless Core come up with something that satisfy both camp before December, things will change for bitcoin as we know it.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 05:48:06 PM

Unless Core come up with something that satisfy both camp before December, things will change for bitcoin.

Again - this is just bullshit that the proponents of XT have been using.

There is no rush to do anything by December at all - so go and fork and see how you lose please.

You guys are full of threats but have *no ability to actually do anything at all*. You have been *called out*.

I'll be interested to see the bullshit you post next year when your fork hasn't happened (let me guess - you'll be saying "by April" then "by July", etc.).

knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 05:51:07 PM

Unless Core come up with something that satisfy both camp before December, things will change for bitcoin.

Again - this is just bullshit that the proponents of XT have been using.

There is no rush to do anything by December at all - so go and fork and see how you lose please.

You guys are full of threats but have *no ability to actually do anything at all*. You have been *called out*.

Achieving consensus is hard but this is exactly because your mindset that makes it impossible and why a fork without consensus will happen. Forking without consensus is trivial. It just requires the consensus of those who wants to fork.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 05:51:31 PM

Achieving consensus is hard but this is exactly because your mindset that makes it impossible and why a fork without consensus will happen.

Would you care to take a bet?

I'll wager 100 BTC that no successful fork will happen - can you match your opinion with your wallet?

arsenische
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1012

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 05:53:31 PM

Perhaps someone should ask MP, TAT and few other whales to cast a vote on this argument... Smiley.

Unless they have their own mining farms then why on earth would that even matter?

Some people just don't seem to *get* Bitcoin at all - they think that the rich can rule it like everything else before - sorry but you can't!

They can. Welcome to capitalism. Bitcoin imposes rules that even rich have to obey. They can't just print Bitcoin out of thin air in order to maintain their dominance, and thus there is a shift of power from bureaucrats to people who now have a chance to get their share of the whole economy, that won't be diluted by monetary emission. Only efficient market players will become richer. The ones that can only steal and spend will loose their wealth and influence.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 05:55:00 PM

Only efficient market players will become richer. The ones that can only steal and spend will loose their wealth and influence.

This statement I agree with.

RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 05:58:09 PM

Isn't there already a CEO in charge of bitcoin, the Blockstream CEO?

How dare another CEO wanting to control bitcoin?!
Exactly.  Blockstream wants to own bitcoin via their bullshit attempts to limit blocksize making their product more useful.  That they reeled in so many suckers to get on their system is amazing.  There is no indicate whatever that 8MB is trouble.  Yet, Blockstream manages to convince everyone to break bitcoin with 1MB blocks so you can pay for access to Blockstream's 'fix'.  

Fuck Blockstream.  These guys are the devil.  

Mike Hearn, Gavin and Coinbase are trying to keep bitcoin working and you morons keep fighting them so you can give your money to Blockstream.  Holy shit - the stupidity in bitcoin is amazing.

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 06:04:44 PM

Achieving consensus is hard but this is exactly because your mindset that makes it impossible and why a fork without consensus will happen.

Would you care to take a bet?

That a fork without consensus will happen if Core doesn't come up with something? Maybe but I fail to see why I would bet on this as it won't change anything about the outcome.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 06:05:24 PM

That a fork without consensus will happen if Core doesn't come up with something? Maybe but I fail to see why I would bet on this as it won't change anything about the outcome.

As I suspected - you aren't willing to make a bet as you know you won't win.

There is no imperative for larger blocks sizes to appear by December - whether they do or not is not really of any concern to me but those that are trying to push this "has to be done next month all we all will die" story need to be told - shut up!

Bitcoin is working fine and will continue to do so without the need of control freaks.

brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 06:10:54 PM

My guess is that the Chinese exchanges will follow too as they also need capacity for the exact same reasons.

My guess is that the Chinese are not going to be bullied by the US and there is no actual need for the capacity (as trading on exchanges is not done on the blockchain).

No one is bulling anyone. This is open source technology and people are free to do whatever they want. The biggest US companies have decided to fork because Core does not responding to their needs. Well then, be it.

Do you see how fucking ass-backward this logic is?

"The biggest US companies" have decide Bitcoin doesn't fit their need so they want to change it.

And you're saying Bitcoin should bend over and take it heh?

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 06:26:10 PM

As I suspected - you aren't willing to make a bet as you know you won't win.

I never say I'm not willing, I'm only saying that I don't see the point. The only point that matters is that I am willing to fork for bigger blocks on the time being, which is December and I don't care about the rest. No one will lose anything but the other side. That is the cost of not being willing to move an inch to achieve consensus by the status quo. There is nothing to be mad at, this is just the cold plain reality.

“We will upgrade regardless of whether Bitcoin Core is updated,” Armstrong said. “Capacity planning is something you should try to get ahead of. Growth can be unpredictable, and I want to remove all blockers to Bitcoin's success. I've been disappointed to see how slow Bitcoin Core has moved on this issue, and we're open to switching forks.”
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/coinbase-ceo-brian-armstrong-bip-is-the-best-proposal-we-ve-seen-so-far-1446584055

You think these people are joking? I don't.

knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 06:29:16 PM

My guess is that the Chinese exchanges will follow too as they also need capacity for the exact same reasons.

My guess is that the Chinese are not going to be bullied by the US and there is no actual need for the capacity (as trading on exchanges is not done on the blockchain).

No one is bulling anyone. This is open source technology and people are free to do whatever they want. The biggest US companies have decided to fork because Core does not responding to their needs. Well then, be it.

"The biggest US companies" have decide Bitcoin doesn't fit their need so they want to change it.

Nope. Bitcoin Core is free do to whatever they want and the industry is free to choose whatever implementation they want. They have spoken about what they want and they will fork if needed. That’s what freedom of choice means and represent and how things will turn out.

brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 06:45:20 PM

Nope. Bitcoin Core is free do to whatever they want and the industry is free to choose whatever implementation they want. They have spoken about what they want and they will fork if needed. That’s what freedom of choice means and represent and how things will turn out.

How many full nodes does "the industry" run?

How much hashing power do they have behind them?

How many bitcoins do they own?

The industry of Bitcoinfiat companies is the economic minority. Their decision have no incidence within the Bitcoin economy.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: