Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:50:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the best investment?  (Read 11081 times)
TheRealJonnySmithers (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 09:21:38 PM

Stocks? Bonds? Bitcoins?? Real Estate?
deliciousowl

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 09:23:51 PM

Honest answer? Tiny apartments near massive, stable job creation locations bought during a recession. At larger scales, industrial real estate. And in my personal opinion, Bitcoin (very long-term). The rest is tricky and I personally try to stay away from other investments.

Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 09:42:38 PM

If you have money on the side that you can without then invest some amount and forget about it. Like deliciousowl has said, this is a very long-term investment that's about 50%-50% at the moment but with a huge potential well worth a risk in my opinion.

This doesn't have to be a big amount, but get some.
SerenaL

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 09:50:15 PM

I think that real estate in strategic locations can be very profitable. You really have to do your homework on that one.

Bitcoin is in theory a good investment but I suppose we do not know what will happen.
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1570

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 10:19:44 PM

As for the UK, property could give you decent return in relatively short time. Aim for cheaper houses (< GBP 100k, affordable for first time buyers), preferably repossessed by bank, located within less than 1 hour drive from the town centre of any major city. Don't do any major work on it, just refresh the look, give it a proper cleaning and re-paint.

If you're lucky, you can pocket out 30-50% profit in few months. If you struggle to sell, you can always try to rent it out.

As for Bitcoin. Definitely too risky to invest large % of your wealth in it. But as someone said on this forum: you have to be clinically retarded not to own some, just in case.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 10:22:10 PM

Bitcoins, everything else is pretty much and attached directly to the fiat scam system. Everything is prone to crash in the next decades and Bitcoin will be the ultimate edge to protect against this crash. Whoever still doesn't see this will not make it.
deliciousowl

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 10:58:55 PM

As for the UK, property could give you decent return in relatively short time. Aim for cheaper houses (< GBP 100k, affordable for first time buyers), preferably repossessed by bank, located within less than 1 hour drive from the town centre of any major city. Don't do any major work on it, just refresh the look, give it a proper cleaning and re-paint.

If you're lucky, you can pocket out 30-50% profit in few months. If you struggle to sell, you can always try to rent it out.

As for Bitcoin. Definitely too risky to invest large % of your wealth in it. But as someone said on this forum: you have to be clinically retarded not to own some, just in case.

If investing in real estate, I wouldn't necessary go for houses because you have to do all of the renovations and it's difficult to keep that up while profiting. But good advice aiming for cheaper houses. Starting out with apartments in general may be better because you don't have to usually renovate the actual building itself.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 11:05:57 PM

What are your investment aims?

Property can be horrifically illiquid.
deliciousowl

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 11:15:55 PM

Fair point. I guess the main idea would be collecting rent on many small units. But it's important to keep in mind that all investments are risky.

AltcoinInvestor

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 11:23:49 PM

The market is becoming tighter nowadays so it is hard to say what is the best. Bitcoins or altcoins can have huge potential gains within the next few years.

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 12:54:10 AM

Honest answer? Tiny apartments near massive, stable job creation locations bought during a recession. At larger scales, industrial real estate. And in my personal opinion, Bitcoin (very long-term). The rest is tricky and I personally try to stay away from other investments.
If you have money on the side that you can without then invest some amount and forget about it. Like deliciousowl has said, this is a very long-term investment that's about 50%-50% at the moment but with a huge potential well worth a risk in my opinion.

This doesn't have to be a big amount, but get some.
I think that real estate in strategic locations can be very profitable. You really have to do your homework on that one.

Bitcoin is in theory a good investment but I suppose we do not know what will happen.
All are really good tips. Which one would you say is relatively the shorter investment?

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 12:55:37 AM

Haha best one yet
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 12:56:17 AM

Bitcoin or real estate in university oriented cities Smiley

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 01:00:48 AM

I'm looking for both short-term and long-term. I'd like to start out with the shorter term until I'm comfortable enough to move onto longer/larger investments. Not focusing much on risky ones with higher yields, just something that can give me a stable source of side income however small it may be.

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 01:02:19 AM

Bitcoin or real estate in university oriented cities Smiley
How so? More people = higher liquidity?
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1419

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 01:15:44 AM

Land.  Why?  God created land once.  He's not creating them again.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 04:12:43 AM

for long term i would like to answer Real Estate because in my country it could be a good investment for the future and the price always be continues to rise each year and for short term i think USD or bitcoin could be good investment
MbitSport

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 04:25:13 AM

I would say real estate is mostly always a good investment, (especially near tube stations or Universities) but then again im not a homeowner myself yet, Bitcoins, imo i would say yeah invest in Bitcoin too because if it takes off, its going to reaaaally take off, if it doesn't it doesn't but you dont need to invest very large amounts unless your pockets allow for this (never invest more than you can afford to loose as they say)

When you say less than 100k i dont suppose you mean anywhere in or around London? if you do, if you don't mind pointing me in the right direction =) would be appreciated lol

also, how would one go about buying repo'd properties? auctions?
BitcoinBullion

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 04:40:13 AM

Property is good if you are smart but it is also a ton of work and is not a passive investment.

Best strat imo is to invest in good real estate markets and then keep leftovers in metals/cash/btc, no reason to fuck around with stocks or gubmint bonds.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4500

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 05:28:09 AM

Land.  Why?  God created land once.  He's not creating them again.

dont risk land..
bare land is bare for a reason.
contamination, dedicated greenspot (no development allowed)

it takes alot of research and council meetings to change the purpose of the land.. however buying a property(building/apartment), your already 98% there. u just gotta buy cheap and sell higher.

most people can have very quick success.. if at auction, you see a handful of bidders competing against you, simply get your competitors contact details. and give them a call a couple days after u win the auction.. add a couple £k to your win value and then offer it to your competition for that new higher price.
usually all bidders give up £10k-£20k below their total budget if they think the competition (you) has it in the bag. so if u won by being just £5k higher. you have £5k-£15k of wiggle room in their budget for you to use to your advantage.
quick flip with no work done, easy money in the right auction house (enough competitors names&phone numbers)

if not, then just do what other suggest and tart it up a little, and resale to someone else.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: