Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:31:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Voxel, 'Official Coin of Virtual Reality ??  (Read 1316 times)
MbitSport (OP)

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 12:53:48 AM

http://www.coindesk.com/press-releases/voxel-coin-virtual-reality-bonus-rewards/

Whats everyones thoughts on these Voxels?

“Voxels are the official currency of virtual reality,” said Voxelus chairman and co-founder Halsey Minor, who previously founded or co-founded iconic companies CNET, Salesforce.com, Vignette and Google Voice.

https://coinreport.net/first-in-game-cryptocurrency-voxel-breaks-all-time-crypto-pre-sale-record-enters-30-day-public-crowdsale/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 01:09:41 AM

Sounds like a scam to me... but to be fair, I said that about Nxt early on too. Only time will tell, but I certainly wouldn't be an early investor in this.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 01:10:21 AM

There's a future for VR, definitely.  Not sure about Voxel.  I'm doubtful about it becoming the 'official coin for VR'.  But who knows..

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 01:40:03 AM

Junk.

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 03:46:45 AM

http://www.coindesk.com/press-releases/voxel-coin-virtual-reality-bonus-rewards/

Whats everyones thoughts on these Voxels?

“Voxels are the official currency of virtual reality,” said Voxelus chairman and co-founder Halsey Minor, who previously founded or co-founded iconic companies CNET, Salesforce.com, Vignette and Google Voice.

https://coinreport.net/first-in-game-cryptocurrency-voxel-breaks-all-time-crypto-pre-sale-record-enters-30-day-public-crowdsale/

I don't know why people would want to use Voxels and not a more fungible currency. Seems they've conflated a VR app with a currency in order to take some money from investors.

MbitSport (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 04:14:53 AM

i kind of fail to see the point of them if im honest, seems as though they can be traded or spent on the voxelus marketplace, but i dont really understand the "Need" for them http://marketplace.voxelus.com/ (baring in mind it says on the site the marketplace is in beta and you cannot actually make a purchase with any voxels yet)

but i mean why? why voxels? lol hey why not Bitcoin, or Litecoin? or even plain old fashioned fiat (lol)?

I understand the VR market is most likely going to be BIG business, and im not discrediting whatever work Voxelus is doing in regards to VR, i just dont see why one would need voxels, thought someone here would have been able to help me see what i might be missing with this but looks like a good few of you have similar thoughts.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 05:53:27 AM

Remember that Second Life had a currency of its own too, do people still use that?

If so why wouldn't users of these peoples' VRs use these peoples' shitcoin?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
edmundduke
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 09:46:37 AM

Remember that Second Life had a currency of its own too, do people still use that?

If so why wouldn't users of these peoples' VRs use these peoples' shitcoin?

-MarkM-

Im pretty sure Second Life Lindens and Cryptopias PED's are still in full function.
And exactly, why should the game developers go out of their way and start using a shitcoin created by some randoms. It is much easier to use an ingame currency that is considered as a token.

And Voxel ? That sounds so bad.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 12:39:16 AM

Im pretty sure Second Life Lindens and Cryptopias PED's are still in full function.

Not for much longer. Voxelus won't be the only VR app. Fungibility is important. And there is an economy-of-scale with one ecosystem in terms of building all the performance, scaling, anonymity and other features needed in a real-time, virtual currency.

Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2015, 12:42:31 AM

Not for much longer. Voxelus won't be the only VR app. Fungibility is important. And there is an economy-of-scale with one ecosystem in terms of building all the performance, scaling, anonymity and other features needed in a real-time, virtual currency.
Lindens aren't going anywhere anytime soon. The only people left playing Second Life are those that treat the game as their actual life.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 12:46:57 AM

Lindens aren't going anywhere anytime soon. The only people left playing Second Life are those that treat the game as their actual life.

I mean as a shrinking (relatively speaking) market towards irrelevance. Expansion of virtual currency markets will radically accelerate with network effects due to an eco-system and more degrees-of-freedom with fungibility. In other words, Lindens are beyond their half-life peak. Voxels will probably have a half-life of about 6 to 18 months.

Voxelus should be trying to make their technologies into APIs and create an ecosystem. And stay away from making a virtual currency since that isn't their area of focused expertise. Some of us have been working on crypto-currency for 3 years. They could partner with a virtual currency or better yet interopt with all virtual currencies and build an exchange into an APIs for developers.

americanpegasus

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 12:51:07 AM

If Ethereum couldn't survive a presale, this sure as hell can't.  

If you buy an IPO currency, you're going to have a bad time. 

If you're thinking about doing an IPO in a sincere way, you should probably be thinking about starting a company on an existing blockchain instead.  The SEC will even allow you to crowd fund for that now.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
MbitSport (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 01:22:59 AM

I mean as a shrinking (relatively speaking) market towards irrelevance. Expansion of virtual currency markets will radically accelerate with network effects due to an eco-system and more degrees-of-freedom with fungibility. In other words, Lindens are beyond their half-life peak. Voxels will probably have a half-life of about 6 to 18 months.

Voxelus should be trying to make their technologies into APIs and create an ecosystem. And stay away from making a virtual currency since that isn't their area of focused expertise. Some of us have been working on crypto-currency for 3 years. They could partner with a virtual currency or better yet interopt with all virtual currencies and build an exchange into an APIs for developers.

Very good idea
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 01:33:51 AM

agree with edmundduke, i've seen plenty of game type cryptos come and fade to nothing after promising big things in gaming, the truth is why would any game take on a currency to come out of this community  Huh
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 11:19:57 AM

More gimmicks to maximize taking money from speculators:

Timeline
Legendary

Activity: 924

TokenHouse decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 04:04:42 PM

Sounds like a scam to me... but to be fair, I said that about Nxt early on too. Only time will tell, but I certainly wouldn't be an early investor in this.

Yes I would skip this one. Too weird of a coin will never succeed imo.

crypto jerk

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 04:36:20 PM

Is this the same people as voxelnauts?

Or did they steal the name?
edmundduke
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 04:48:10 PM

agree with edmundduke, i've seen plenty of game type cryptos come and fade to nothing after promising big things in gaming, the truth is why would any game take on a currency to come out of this community  Huh

The only coin that seems to still be active or at least holds some promise in this regard seems to be HYPER. At least it has been so far and hopefully it manages to get even deeper into the gaming scene.
Besides why would anyone want Voxels, it really does sound terrible.
jimblasko

Activity: 510
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 10:06:41 AM

http://www.voxelus.com/#/crowdsale
nihilnegativum

Activity: 432
Merit: 251

––Δ͘҉̀░░

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2015, 10:50:03 AM

Voxels are great, but virtual realities aren't and won't be until there will be a way to make virtual spaces unlimited. I never understood how anyone liked Second Life.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: