Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:44:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase is overstepping the bounds we should give it regarding Bitcoin XT  (Read 6607 times)
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 07:52:45 PM

Again, I fail to see the hostility behind people freely moving away. If there is hostility then it is coming from you.

Then why the constant posting by you (as a shill) about this?

If people freely wanted to move away then they wouldn't need you to push them would they?

I consider lengthily debate as a good thing but at some point it has to come to an end. Some businesses have put december as a deadline and all the people that want to move away are waiting for that deadline to move at the same time which is natural.

The situation is now this, some people considered the status quo as a consensus and firmly sit on it. while in fact, it is not. Now those on want to move are about to make a move because the other side is taking advantage of the status quo and are unwilling to give an inch, in a timely matter. Ignoring the "time" variable is where you people failed at reaching a consensus. There is still a month remaining though so the ball is in your camp.

We don't wanna play bals with you shills.

I'm afraid December will come and you parasites will hang around without ever admitting your crushing defeat

One thing is for sure, you won't succeed at forcing your useless small blocks on the market.

They haven't been forced on anyone. The fact is, there is currently consensus for 1MB blocks. There is not yet consensus in the wider community for BIP101. The fact that Coinbase is trying to force XT and BIP101 on everyone is grossly out of place.

This is where you are wrong and why all this mess is happening.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 07:55:20 PM

Proof please?

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 07:55:44 PM

There is general consensus amongst nodes and miners. The fact that some companies are trying to force us to move over to BIP101 does not mean that there is general consensus, only that those and a few others are trying to force us to give consensus to it.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 07:56:26 PM

How can Coinbase force someone to do anything is still to be explained lol

The same FUD all over again.

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 07:56:29 PM

Again, I fail to see the hostility behind people freely moving away. If there is hostility then it is coming from you.

If people freely wanted to move away then they wouldn't need you to push them would they?

I consider lengthily debate as a good thing but at some point it has to come to an end. Some businesses have put december as a deadline and all the people that want to move away are waiting for that deadline to move at the same time which is natural.

The situation is now this, some people considered the status quo as a consensus and firmly sit on it. while in fact, it is not. Now those on want to move are about to make a move because the other side is taking advantage of the status quo and are unwilling to give an inch, in a timely matter. Ignoring the "time" variable is where you people failed at reaching a consensus. There is still a month remaining though so the ball is in your camp.

I'm afraid December will come and you parasites will hang around without ever admitting your crushing defeat

One thing is for sure, you won't succeed at forcing your useless small blocks on the market.

They haven't been forced on anyone. The fact is, there is currently consensus for 1MB blocks. There is not yet consensus in the wider community for BIP101. The fact that Coinbase is trying to force XT and BIP101 on everyone is grossly out of place.

Do we really have to spell out the difference between consensus and unanimity to you?

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 07:56:37 PM

There is general consensus amongst nodes and miners. The fact that some companies are trying to force us to move over to BIP101 does not mean that there is general consensus, only that those and a few others are trying to force us to give consensus to it.

Exactly - there is no widespread support for BIP101 as has been proved by the blockchain.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 07:57:21 PM

How can Coinbase force someone to do anything is still to be explained lol

Well being a centralized service and all they can certainly force a lot of things on their users

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 07:57:51 PM

Do we really have to spell out the difference between consensus and unanimity to you?

I am pretty sure you get what I mean as an intelligent person.

HostFat
Staff
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 07:59:18 PM

Well being a centralized service and all they can certainly force a lot of things on their users
What? Nothing. None is forced to use their services.

Same bullshit, again.

There is only one thing that it seems that all Bitcoin users are forced to: use the Bitcoin Core client Roll Eyes

DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 08:04:59 PM

Same bullshit, again.

There is only one thing that it seems that all Bitcoin users are forced to: use the Bitcoin Core client Roll Eyes

No, no-one is. But if Microsoft, Apple and all the other for-profit operating system makers wanted to push the same change to their clients, it'd likely be very successful, correct? Sure, some people would change to something like Linux, but generally the change would be pushed to much more than 75% of computer users. A forced consensus.

Here, we have things such as Coinbase and BitPay and Blockchain. 2 are payment processors, 2 also are wallets. If they forcefully change over to XT/BIP101 we may have large issues.

No-one is actually forced to use Bitcoin Core, in all fairness, and consensus exists for BIP100.

HostFat
Staff
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 08:16:35 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2015, 08:38:57 PM by HostFat

You are confusing these companies with "the market" Wink

"Will the users want to spend less money on fees and have faster confirmations?"
It doesn't need that a company gives advise to have already the answer to this question. It has an obvious demand, so be prepared.

"Do you want to give miners the power to choose whenever they want to extend or shorten the block size at will?" (BIP100)
This for me smells of insecurity and unpredictability, again I don't see how this can be seen as a solution from the majority of the users/market.
It won't be.

I don't know if it will be the BIP101, but you can all be sure that there will be an increase of the blocksize AND miners will not get any vote power.

There is only one direction, whatever some companies can say.

meono

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 08:24:21 PM

Same bullshit, again.

BINGO!
P-Funk

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

Token

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 08:50:49 PM

BIP 101 is a laughably stupid and irresponsible proposal. An exponential block size limit increase is a bad idea built on pie-in-the-sky expectations. Bitcoin is not going to handle the world's transactions. The block target of 10 minutes makes sure of that. XT is BIP 101 plus handing the keys to the client to an arrogant fuck. If you still support XT you should really consider what it would mean if it was successful.
steeev

Activity: 128
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 08:58:47 PM

knight 22 and meono are certainly earning their wages recently - relentless pushiness about... 'freedom of choice'

bizarre...

we're all free to do as they say, it seems...

well, i'm not going over to XT, and am now bored with their noise.

coinbase ?

whatever...

DiamondCardz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 09:05:11 PM

but you can all be sure that there will be an increase of the blocksize

Eventually, of course. I agree that will eventually have to happen. But this is not the way if we wish to stay the way Bitcoin was intended.

knight 22 and meono are certainly earning their wages recently - relentless pushiness about... 'freedom of choice'

bizarre...

we're all free to do as they say, it seems...

well, i'm not going over to XT, and am now bored with their noise.

coinbase ?

whatever...

Indeed, I am remaining with Bitcoin Core. I am not going to support Coinbase with what they are doing.

Arcteryx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

EtherSphere - Social Games

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 09:07:36 PM

Same bullshit, again.

BINGO!

Forced to use? No. I use a web wallet so am not forced to use anything  Angry

........EtherSphere........
.....ICO Starts on 5th August, 4:00 PM UTC.....
.......High ROI Social Ethereum Games
........BENEFITS WHITEPAPER ANN THREAD GITHUB REDDIT TWITTER........

░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████████▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▄█████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███████████████████▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████████████▄░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▀░░░
░░░░░░░▄█████████████████▀▀░░░░░
░░░░░▄████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░......................
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 09:12:37 PM

Same bullshit, again.

theymos just get rid of that rat already.
Lituation

Activity: 698

Free Speech is the most important thing.

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 09:18:05 PM

I don't know what Coinbase managers think about this but it looks pretty sketchy to force users to use an altcoin (XT), they open accounts there to use Bitcoin technology. That's fraud at its worst.
I have never used their service as they don't even offer it in my country, but I don't think I'm ever gonna use it even if they would. Because, obviously this attitude.
"No one man should have all that power."
Lituation

Activity: 698

Free Speech is the most important thing.

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 09:20:41 PM

You are free to use your Bitcoin XT but we won't buy your worthless altcoins, ever.
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 09:32:31 PM

I really want to see what will happen the day the the services that you have in your signs will claim of using a client/node that differs from the Bitcoin Core Wink

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: