Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:44:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Calculating HW error rate on Antminer C1 and strange ASIC Status  (Read 1111 times)
MortonCharbo (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 10:36:47 PM

Hello everyone. This is my first post so you can expect it to be pretty noob. Maybe I'm missing something obvious, or important here, but I can't seem to find the HW number anywhere on my Antminer C1. It's been running for a few days now and mostly everything seems to be fine. The first thing I'm wondering is, where can I find this number? There is an HW category strangely under Pool URLs that says 3. That can't be right can it? Is there some other formula I should be using to find the error rate? As far as I can tell, it should be HW/(diffA+diffR+HW)*100.

Second question is, What's up with the Asic Status? It looks like this:

00000000 00000000
00000000 00000000
00000000 00000000
 000000 00000000 0

The bottom row is missing one, and is organized strangely. No x's, just a missing 0, and strange spacing. Does this reflect something I should know about?

Thank you for any light you can shed on these issues for me.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 10:40:24 PM

Hello everyone. This is my first post so you can expect it to be pretty noob. Maybe I'm missing something obvious, or important here, but I can't seem to find the HW number anywhere on my Antminer C1. It's been running for a few days now and mostly everything seems to be fine. The first thing I'm wondering is, where can I find this number? There is an HW category strangely under Pool URLs that says 3. That can't be right can it? Is there some other formula I should be using to find the error rate? As far as I can tell, it should be HW/(diffA+diffR+HW)*100.

00000000 00000000
00000000 00000000
00000000 00000000
 000000 00000000 0

The bottom row is missing one, and is organized strangely. No x's, just a missing 0, and strange spacing. Does this reflect something I should know about?

0 mean chip is reporting, X mean the chip reporting wrong, but does not automatically mean that it is not working - mean it is not reporting. This at least i can answer.

For the HW, my S1's dont have it on the GUI either, but the information is still there on the miner. Screen -r is not installed on the S1, but maybe it is on the C1 (i have no idea). Simply SSH into the miner with putty.exe, login. Not password could be admin instead of root on certain miner. Then type screen -r. If the package is installed you will see the familiar cgminer window with all the data.

Then if you add the miner to a monitoring software, like M's Miner Monitor, it will also be able to read the data through the miner api and show it to you.

Oh and. Welcome to the forum. Smiley

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
MortonCharbo (OP)

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 11:27:15 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2015, 11:50:35 PM by MortonCharbo

00000000 00000000
00000000 00000000
00000000 00000000
 000000 00000000 0

0 mean chip is reporting, X mean the chip reporting wrong, but does not automatically mean that it is not working - mean it is not reporting. This at least i can answer.

Thank you so much. So this mean one chip is not reporting for some reason? And does that mean there is something wrong with that chip, or somewhere else? Screen -r answered my question about HW, so thank you for that. I appreciate the help and I'm really trying to understand what everything means.

ETA: M's Miner Monitor took me all of 2 minutes to setup and it works great. Thanks for that suggestion.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 01:56:51 AM

00000000 00000000
00000000 00000000
00000000 00000000
 000000 00000000 0

Thank you so much. So this mean one chip is not reporting for some reason? And does that mean there is something wrong with that chip, or somewhere else? Screen -r answered my question about HW, so thank you for that. I appreciate the help and I'm really trying to understand what everything means.

ETA: M's Miner Monitor took me all of 2 minutes to setup and it works great. Thanks for that suggestion.

Cheers, you're welcome. MMM is being discontinued so the next thing i will look into is Cryptoglance's.

I don't know for the broken pattern but no chips report X or -. So i don't think there is really a problem, especially if the hashrate match. Maybe someone with first hand experience with the C1 could give more information?

Beside trying a power cycle i don't really have anything else to recommend trying.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2015, 02:49:19 AM

There is an HW category strangely under Pool URLs that says 3. That can't be right can it?
That's the one. The first guy coded it in that position and it stuck.

Is there some other formula I should be using to find the error rate? As far as I can tell, it should be HW/(diffA+diffR+HW)*100.
Off the top of my head it would be HW / Diff1 * 100 if you have Diff1, else HW / DiffA * 100 will give you a reasonable approximation. Do you not have a % box in the last row of DiffA calculating this though?

MortonCharbo (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 11:45:40 AM

Thanks VirosaGITS and Dogie. I have tried power cycling both through the web interface and by turning the psu off and on. Same broken pattern, but oh well. Hashrate doesn't seem to be affected so I won't worry about it, it just seems weird and won't leave the back of my mind.

Now that I realize that row in the pool URL list is HW, I see that the percentage under DiffA lines up with that. It's all starting to make sense. Happily, it says 0.0000% so I'm happy about that.

Thanks again both of you for helping with what most would assume was very elementary, and making me feel welcome instead of stupid. Much appreciated.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2015, 02:45:59 PM

Thanks again both of you for helping with what most would assume was very elementary, and making me feel welcome instead of stupid. Much appreciated.

No problem, good luck.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: