Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:14:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to determine the most profitable coin to mine?  (Read 1593 times)
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 11:12:53 PM

How exactly is it that you can determine which crypto is most profitable to mine? Is it by its network difficulty, hashrate, or market cap? I just want to know, now that I want to return to mine with my Gridseeds GC3355. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
tittiecoiner

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 12:38:49 AM

How exactly is it that you can determine which crypto is most profitable to mine? Is it by its network difficulty, hashrate, or market cap? I just want to know, now that I want to return to mine with my Gridseeds GC3355. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Smiley

Simply said: The most profitable coin to mine is the one which gives you the highest BTC amount when selling instantly.
There are several factors included like current exchange rate coin/BTC, your hashrate, total network hashrate, amount of coins per block, solo mining/pool mining and so on. As you can see, the most profitable coin for you with your mining hardware can be totally different than that of other miners.

Multipools are running a profit switching script that selects the most profitable coin each x minutes. But it is possible to manipulate it (depending of how important the exchange rate is) by manipulating the price.

There are sites like http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency but I've read several times that there figures aren't very accurate.

To find your most profitable coin, I guess you will need to test, test and test again and compare the 24h results. For example, you would get way more Flappycoins than Litecoins, but you need to check which value, mined coins exchanged to BTC, is higher.

Maybe you would do better mining different coins you think they will increase their value, either as they are undervalued, will be pumped or publish some news soon.

Videodrome

Activity: 588
Merit: 503

Free Julian Assange

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 04:28:22 PM

Any advice for a good miner just for instant mining the new alt coin pupping out like crazy?
tittiecoiner

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 10:51:01 PM

Any advice for a good miner just for instant mining the new alt coin pupping out like crazy?

If you don't want to mine continuously, you probably want to check out rates for renting hashrate
https://www.nicehash.com/
https://www.miningrigrentals.com/

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 11:12:36 PM

How exactly is it that you can determine which crypto is most profitable to mine? Is it by its network difficulty, hashrate, or market cap? I just want to know, now that I want to return to mine with my Gridseeds GC3355. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Smiley

Simply said: The most profitable coin to mine is the one which gives you the highest BTC amount when selling instantly.
There are several factors included like current exchange rate coin/BTC, your hashrate, total network hashrate, amount of coins per block, solo mining/pool mining and so on. As you can see, the most profitable coin for you with your mining hardware can be totally different than that of other miners.

Multipools are running a profit switching script that selects the most profitable coin each x minutes. But it is possible to manipulate it (depending of how important the exchange rate is) by manipulating the price.

There are sites like http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency but I've read several times that there figures aren't very accurate.

To find your most profitable coin, I guess you will need to test, test and test again and compare the 24h results. For example, you would get way more Flappycoins than Litecoins, but you need to check which value, mined coins exchanged to BTC, is higher.

Maybe you would do better mining different coins you think they will increase their value, either as they are undervalued, will be pumped or publish some news soon.

Great! Thanks for your advice. I will take that into consideration. Recently, I've found a site which gives you detailed explanation of the most profitable cryptos to mine, but the only thing that I don't know is if it's accurate. Anyways, I'll keep researching.  Cheesy

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
tittiecoiner

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 11:25:15 PM

Great! Thanks for your advice. I will take that into consideration. Recently, I've found a site which gives you detailed explanation of the most profitable cryptos to mine, but the only thing that I don't know is if it's accurate. Anyways, I'll keep researching.  Cheesy

Just keep in mind that, even if it's accurate, the information is mostly valid for a short timeframe as total network hashrate and exchange rate will change very often and give you totally different results.

As an alternative, you could check out https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=951607.0
which is just pointing to something that could be interesting, not a recommendation (as I never tried it out).

XERES

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 03:47:16 PM

best advice you can give, mine the coins and dump them when you are at 2.5X your investment
thats my formula

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: