Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:13:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Shall I hold or invest with %12.5 premium per year ?  (Read 5477 times)
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 08:15:11 AM
Last edit: November 09, 2015, 08:46:30 AM by tmfp

Do you need to put the money all at once? Otherwise you could use your monthly fiat income you would use to rebuy the bitcoin to put in that investment.

What country are you from? Sounds like a European one with the banking guarantee.

Most systems "guarantee" their banks' deposits, I'd be interested to find 12.5% in Europe.

I just look at OP being a permabull and then being locked in to fiat, BTC free, for the next six months and think "Keep the faith brother".

Smiley

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sir_lagsalot

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 09:24:18 AM

12.5% is pretty high for premium/interest :-/

If that interest is legit, milk it for all it's worth. Just be wary.

W/ BTC's upcoming halving, I'd say if there is a suuden price jump, quickly sell to fiat. Holding is a good idea unless this happens.

Nonetheless, good luck on your investments!
Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Permabull Bitcoin Investor

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 02:30:26 PM

Well, I made my mind.

I will keep buying and hodling BTC, because as many of you said, we can witness a bubble or another amazing bull market run that can dust away that %12.5 premium easily.

Thank you all for your help, and you are proving for me, that day by day, we are a big lovely family.

Thanks again.

Quote from:  Satoshi Nakamoto
Feb. 14, 2010: I’m sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume.
StevenLiang

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 03:25:36 PM

Hello all,

I've good sum of bitcoins, and they represent good sum as well in my local currency.

I was thinking about selling all my bitcoins, lock that fiat money in investing certificates in my bank where I get %12.5 premium per year and buy bitcoins every month (it will take some time to re-buy again all my bitcoins, but not that long, could be 1-2 years as I will include my fiat salary as well).

Or, shall I hold and keep holding ?

If you were me, what would you do and why ?

Thanks in advance.

It's depend on how many bitcoin i have.
If i were you, and let's say i have 20 BTC

I will keep it until december, and sell some btc to make investment on (maybe obligation) 12,5% per year.
Just do not put all your "investment money" on 1 place.

I know some people really get addict on bitcoin. But i think is not wise if we invest all our money into btc alone.
You can try to hold Yuan or Euro or maybe dollar (if dollar is not your local currency)
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2015, 09:06:55 PM

I'd invest in Greece right now. I'd start with small amounts and short maturities. They need the help, i'm willing to take the risk to help them. Now, if only it were easy for me to buy some Greece bonds!

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 07:48:45 AM

Hello all,

I've good sum of bitcoins, and they represent good sum as well in my local currency.

I was thinking about selling all my bitcoins, lock that fiat money in investing certificates in my bank where I get %12.5 premium per year and buy bitcoins every month (it will take some time to re-buy again all my bitcoins, but not that long, could be 1-2 years as I will include my fiat salary as well).

Thanks in advance.

It's depend on how many bitcoin i have.
If i were you, and let's say i have 20 BTC

I will keep it until december, and sell some btc to make investment on (maybe obligation) 12,5% per year.
Just do not put all your "investment money" on 1 place.

I know some people really get addict on bitcoin. But i think is not wise if we invest all our money into btc alone.
You can try to hold Yuan or Euro or maybe dollar (if dollar is not your local currency)

Indeed. I know it may be tempting to put all your coins on one thing, as the potential profit is greatest.

But remember, that the potential losses are just as big in that way. Or the potential missing out if bitcoin surges again later this month.
Dodnastes

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 12:43:33 PM

I think it comes down to your outlook for bitcoin price over the next year or so. If your analysis leads you to believe bitcoin price will continue to appreciate at a rate greater than 12.5% per year why sell? Now if it is a question of diversification and you feel too much of your capital is tied up in bitcoin I could understand selling a portion now to diversify into fiat or gold, and pay down debt or mortgages.

My buddy, thanks for your reply.

To be honest, I want to invest my money.

As you know me well, I'm insanely permabull and I know that we can reach $50K and $100K in the coming 5-12 years.

But what I would like to do is the following,

Buy again my frozen BTC while enjoying guaranteed profit per month (%12.5 premium divided by 12 months). As I will buy all the sold BTC again with that profit PLUS my salary profit.

I don't want to diversify my portfolio nor I've any debt to pay.

There are not many people you can get 12% interest (return) with your bitcoin. Do you have idea where to find one?
kyrios_

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 01:27:59 PM

I would say split up your investment. Maybe half half? Bitcoin has some interest bearing wallets such as HAObtc which maybe worth looking into
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 01:36:44 PM

Hello all,

Thanks in advance.

I would definitely not sell all my coins. But it is wise to spread your investments if you are worried about not getting the right returns. 12.5% per year is quite a high interest rate, especially for banks. If I were in your position I would simply hold the coins. Bitcoin will give you a much better return than the 12.5% the bank is offering you.
mouneshwar123

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 01:45:19 PM

50 : 50 will be good, safe as well as good ROI.

btw 12.5% is just awesome ,twice as much as what we get in our local banks

bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 02:20:01 PM

btw 12.5% is just awesome, twice as much as what we get in our local banks

You only get those kind of percentages when inflation is in those regions as well. You are fooling yourself with a fictive return on investment.

- You can figure out what will happen, not when /Warren Buffett
- Pay any Bitcoin address privately with a little help of Monero.
spirit of btc

Activity: 153

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 02:38:54 PM

I should invest in such bank if possible.the place where I live we get 6.25 - 6.75 %
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 03:26:47 PM

I should invest in such bank if possible.the place where I live we get 6.25 - 6.75 %
Here is also same i can't even get 10% annual interest with fixed deposit in banks. There is already lots of money in banks, not any idea with bank where to invest those.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 03:36:09 PM

Here is also same i can't even get 10% annual interest with fixed deposit in banks. There is already lots of money in banks, not any idea with bank where to invest those.

here with my bank in the netherlands i can't get even 3% per year as fixed deposit. you can get 4 to 5% at most if you let your bank lock your money for 5 years minimum.
kyrios_

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 06:08:43 PM

here with my bank in the netherlands i can't get even 3% per year as fixed deposit. you can get 4 to 5% at most if you let your bank lock your money for 5 years minimum.

Wow why is it so high
avw1982

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 06:25:54 PM

Yup bank is a good idea and Janet yellen also announced U.S. banks are incresing their interest for savings accoun.t Rising interest rates mean falling bond prices. Bonds typically pay a fixed coupon, so when prevailing rates rise, the value of your bond portfolio falls until its yield matches what’s available elsewhere on the market. So find Invest on Bitcoin that would be good for us.
traderbit

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2015, 06:39:47 PM

If i were you in this situation i would hold the bitcoins.
I would never sent to the bank and getting interest from them.
Or i haven't understood what bank certificates means, is that kind of interest?

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 07:20:17 PM

same thing here not as bad as your, but we get only 1-2% interest on the best bank with a deposit that must remain untouched for 1 year
Sir_lagsalot

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 10:11:53 AM

12.5 is a great rate. In fact, it's too good to be true. Check if it's legit first. If it's legit, invest, but be wary. That amount of interest is great.
Mr. Forum

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 11:59:06 AM

What I can say is you to split the coins in two divisions and then be able to invest them in both the local bank that does fixed investment and the other portion you can use it for speculation reasons or even be able to lend the coins to people who need them at a particular return percentage of interest. Doing so is like having two sources of income and you will be able to grow very first when compared to investing all the coins in a single entity. be a sharp guy and always walk your way to the bank a happy man.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: