Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:17:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BW.com B12 Hash Investment  (Read 7656 times)
RichBC (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 02:19:36 PM

Looks like BW.com is not putting any more Hash for sale on the 10PH B-Eleven and is in countdown to open B-12 with a further 5PH at 0.5BTC/TH

https://www.bw.com/twelve

However no further updates on the progress on the B-Eleven Miner?

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 02:48:04 PM

Looks like BW.com is not putting any more Hash for sale on the 10PH B-Eleven and is in countdown to open B-12 with a further 5PH at 0.5BTC/TH

Rich

Interesting I imagine they are focusing on these cloud hashing for the forseeable future.  When they can sell PH's of gear and deliver to them self that is  about as good of a sale as it gets.

I Imagine B-Eveven miner sales will be secondary to them when they are selling so much cloud mining.    So good for cloud miners not so good for home/hobby miners is how I see it.
RichBC (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 03:57:54 PM

Rich

Interesting I imagine they are focusing on these cloud hashing for the forseeable future.  When they can sell PH's of gear and deliver to them self that is  about as good of a sale as it gets.

I Imagine B-Eveven miner sales will be secondary to them when they are selling so much cloud mining.    So good for cloud miners not so good for home/hobby miners is how I see it.

I am still hoping that they will take the Home Market / Individual Sales seriously and that it will provide an alternative / some competition to Bitmain. There is an Interview with a video on their Home page which I had terrible trouble getting to run, and after all the trouble revealed nothing more. Just a tiny bit of History on BW, then a guy in a lab with the rendered picture on a PC and another guy in anothe lab just repeating the data. However not a hint of a real product.

I still think it will be real, however if this was any lesser Company be would be writing it all off as a scam....

Samsung who are doing the 14nm chips should be capable, and LECT have the design experience so I am sure they will get there, just uncertain at the moment how things are going?

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
torepia

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 04:05:40 PM

Anyone know why they havent translated their site to english? Tongue
RichBC (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 04:10:14 PM

Anyone know why they havent translated their site to english? Tongue

They have historically been slow and poor at the translation side of things. Made it a nightmare to get mining in their Pool. If you go to the B11 that is more fully translated. I guess they will do B12 at some point. Also a new selection has just appeared under Mining Pool for Equipment Management, again not translated yet.

Rich

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 10:54:55 AM

Weren't they talking about "by December" or "by end of December" for when they planned on the miners being available / hashing starting?

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
RichBC (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 11:02:24 AM

Weren't they talking about "by December" or "by end of December" for when they planned on the miners being available / hashing starting?

Yes that is correct, here is the official line, which has not changed.

According to the arrangement of our work, Jan 1st is our planned date, however, due to a unforeseen issues final production of the chips and machines could be delayed. In this case BW would return the principal money to the investors, if the investors agree to wait for stage 2, it will be counted as stage 1, the delay of the stage 2 won’t change the profit date.

They however provide no updates on progress, and we have still only seen the original renderings with accompanying outline very incomplete spec.

Rich

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 04:41:24 PM

Yes that is correct, here is the official line, which has not changed.

According to the arrangement of our work, Jan 1st is our planned date, however, due to a unforeseen issues final production of the chips and machines could be delayed. In this case BW would return the principal money to the investors, if the investors agree to wait for stage 2, it will be counted as stage 1, the delay of the stage 2 won’t change the profit date.

They however provide no updates on progress, and we have still only seen the original renderings with accompanying outline very incomplete spec.

Rich

It has not changed and it's a month away.... so I would brace for possibility of being late.  Although all the hash sales should have provided a huge infusion of cash if that is what they needed to get it finished.

I just don't like being this close and not seeing a prototype or some review.  I like seeing something besides renderings when it gets close.
RichBC (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 04:52:49 PM

It has not changed and it's a month away.... so I would brace for possibility of being late.  Although all the hash sales should have provided a huge infusion of cash if that is what they needed to get it finished.

I just don't like being this close and not seeing a prototype or some review.  I like seeing something besides renderings when it gets close.

Well actually it's more like 6 Weeks. Trouble is we have no History to base things on. Their high profile backing has given them the credibility to pre-sell the hash, in fact most of the B-Eleven sales took place even before the rendering was put up. B12 is going well in 1/2 Day it's 1/3 sold. That's 1.6PH sold at 0.5BTC/TH = 800BTC

I have been mining at BW.com and buying B-Eleven hash with the procedes. Time will tell if that was a good move.  Smiley

Rich

BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2015, 05:06:53 PM

I have some B-Eleven so I can report progress, but am not a fan of the revenue sharing arrangement BW set up. I prefer Bitmain's approach. At least when mining begins you will be able to buy and sell B-Eleven hash on the BW exchange.

RichBC (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 05:15:28 PM

I have some B-Eleven so I can report progress, but am not a fan of the revenue sharing arrangement BW set up. I prefer Bitmain's approach. At least when mining begins you will be able to buy and sell B-Eleven hash on the BW exchange.

You have been able to Buy and Sell B11 for quite some time now. I think a few people will have made some money doing that during the bubble last Week. BW.com got in a bit of a mess attempting to track the Exchange Rate with the Hash they were selling? I think that is why we now have B12 which is not trade-able at the moment, so people are buying into that rather than trading.

After the dust settles it will be interesting to compare a Bitmain Hash Investment with BW.com. I agree on the revenue share, but I like the interest while waiting and the ability to trade. As to making money we will see?  Smiley

Rich

QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 10:45:59 AM

The V3 PACMIC investment was competative with the B-Eleven one, from what I can tell of the latter.
The V4 PACMIC investment is a sad pathetic joke and I don't understand why anyone is putting their bitcoin into it.

Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
pumawolf

Activity: 968
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 12:44:50 AM

hows the security  here

hows the liquidity in the market

hows the customer service here

be very nice to have another place other than hashnest.
RichBC (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 12:49:41 PM

So B12 now about 50% sold, they play with the price dependant on how BTC is doing. Started at 0.5BTC/TH, has been as high as 0.65BTC and at the moment is 0.52BTC. Still no news on how the B-Eleven development is going? Just read this interesting comment from Sean Walsh, Founder of BlockC in BitcoinMagazine.

“What I can tell you is that Avalon was offered the 14nm Samsung chip many months ago, and they declined,” explained Sean Walsh, Founder of BlockC, in an interview with Bitcoin Magazine . “The 14nm process node is very new, very slow to design/produce, very difficult, very expensive and doesn't currently yield efficiency gains that even come close to compensating for all this. Avalon will produce at smaller process nodes, but only once it actually makes financial sense to do so.”

With Bitmain & Avalon sticking with 28nm it makes you wonder how LECT /BW.com are getting on with the 14nm Samsung chip?

Rich

QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:29:30 AM

Lketc / Innosilicon won't be the first to 14/16nm - KnC announced tapeout of their 16nm Solar chip a long time ago, and announced production of it a month or two back (though yeilds must be very low or they're having major design issues AGAIN given their hashrate shows no sign of major increases lately), and Bitfury also announced tapeout of their 14nm design a while back (I'm inclined to trust Bitfury announcements more, even though getting hard info about them is a pain in recent years given their long-time focus on large accounts only).

Full custom 14/16nm design will be needed to get significant efficiency gains over the best of the current 28nm ASIC though - which is why BitMain and Avalon are likely to be late to the game, they want to maximise the return on their current gen chips.

wlefever
Legendary

Activity: 1173
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 08:13:42 PM

So B12 now about 50% sold, they play with the price dependant on how BTC is doing. Started at 0.5BTC/TH, has been as high as 0.65BTC and at the moment is 0.52BTC. Still no news on how the B-Eleven development is going? Just read this interesting comment from Sean Walsh, Founder of BlockC in BitcoinMagazine.

“What I can tell you is that Avalon was offered the 14nm Samsung chip many months ago, and they declined,” explained Sean Walsh, Founder of BlockC, in an interview with Bitcoin Magazine . “The 14nm process node is very new, very slow to design/produce, very difficult, very expensive and doesn't currently yield efficiency gains that even come close to compensating for all this. Avalon will produce at smaller process nodes, but only once it actually makes financial sense to do so.”

With Bitmain & Avalon sticking with 28nm it makes you wonder how LECT /BW.com are getting on with the 14nm Samsung chip?

Rich

You seem pretty familiar with BW.com, have you purchased any of the B12? 

I have just found out about their offerings today, and looking to get in on some TH with the .5 BTC/TH price along with their method for pay back.  How has their market, and customer support been for you so far?

RichBC (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 08:34:14 PM

Rich

You seem pretty familiar with BW.com, have you purchased any of the B12?  

I have just found out about their offerings today, and looking to get in on some TH with the .5 BTC/TH price along with their method for pay back.  How has their market, and customer support been for you so far?

Yes for a while now I have been mining at BW.com and investing the proceeds in B11 and now that is closed B12. Purchase price goes up and down dependant on the exchange rate, however I think that 0.5BTC will be the best we will see.

Market is thin and so you need to watch the price when they open it for B12. Getting account setup and mining was difficult as initially there was no English translation, it has since improved still not that good. Support is a bit slow and they do not always fully understand English, but I have got by.

Rich

wlefever
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 10:25:07 PM

When does the Pre-order Stage interest show up in the wallet?  I know it says 0.00022BTC/THS/DAY, but does it actually get paid daily at the same time of purchase, or is it slightly random?

RichBC (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 11:05:41 PM

Yes you get interest on anything in your Deposit Account (0.02% / Day) and with B12 Hash Investment prior to the Mining Phase (0.00022BTC/T/Day, was 0.000312BTC/THS/DAY on B11 ) both are paid Daily, about Midnight China Time.

Rich

wlefever
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 02:26:08 PM

B12 Price drop to .45 BTC/THS and just a little over 2 weeks away from preorder stage ending.  I already got a good bit, but wondering if I feel like adding some B12 investment.  It really comes down to how fast they can pay back the principal in stage 2 before receiving the split income with BW in stage 3. 

Pay back seems very highly likely, but profit is another big question by the time we are splitting profits.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: