View Profile
November 09, 2015, 08:49:35 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2016, 11:56:01 AM by kaselit

UPDATE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2015, 08:52:28 PM

This is good.

I especially like your comment on "Stay With Your Rules"! This is VERY important. All too often emotion plays a bad role in investment decisions. If you've decided you can handle x% loss or you want to achieve x% gain - when you get there, pull the trigger and buy or sell. Stay rational and  stay with your rules!

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 11:30:46 AM

i would simply follow this rule, if you have few bitcoin hold and buy more with fiat money if you can afford to do so

if you have plenty of bitcoin, invest them in some way to earn even more, you can risk some because you have many
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 12:16:16 PM

2. The question of the noob: "But it could be a real BTC increase value".

Yes, but look to what happen in the world...

Did bitcoin organization organized 1000 squares rallies?
Did happen something very loud that all media talk bout it?
Did big companies started to invest on BTC?

If not, it is just a bubble.

Well, the Foundation finally nearly went belly up (or close to that), so can't carry on with making more shit. That's good for bitcoin.

Very loud? Well the news from the EU were actually pretty loud. The new Chinese financial control rules are also something what you can safely call "very loud".

Lot's of money coming aboard, it's now traded on NYSE, and big companies are interested in the blockchain technology. So it's getting mainstream as an investment vehicle.

Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 07:25:24 PM

i would simply follow this rule, if you have few bitcoin hold and buy more with fiat money if you can afford to do so

if you have plenty of bitcoin, invest them in some way to earn even more, you can risk some because you have many

I agree only with your first part. The same should be done as well with your coins if you have a lot of them. Chances are that even if you have a lot of coins, you will get scammed and lose them if you try to make much more by investing your current ones.

Just keep all of your coins in cold storage, as many as you have.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 07:27:39 PM

I agree only with your first part. The same should be done as well with your coins if you have a lot of them. Chances are that even if you have a lot of coins, you will get scammed and lose them if you try to make much more by investing your current ones.

well i was talking about many bitcoin, like 1k+, if i had that amount, i would try more way to invest for sure, because i know that i can afford to lose much more than a guy with 10 btc
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 09:32:31 PM

well i was talking about many bitcoin, like 1k+, if i had that amount, i would try more way to invest for sure, because i know that i can afford to lose much more than a guy with 10 btc

Still, losing coins sucks quite hard. Even if you have 1k+ coins. The coins are ultimately worth the same.

Though, I guess you can afford to play a little more, but you should watch not to get reckless.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 09:38:38 PM

Still, losing coins sucks quite hard. Even if you have 1k+ coins. The coins are ultimately worth the same.

Though, I guess you can afford to play a little more, but you should watch not to get reckless.

Exactly. I bet people love the same their 1 BTC, 10 BTCs, 100 BTCs and a 1,000 BTCs. No matter how many they have, they love and care about each and every one of them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: