Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:05:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Mojocoin [MOJO] - transition to PoS coming up...  (Read 17356 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
RhodaGila

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 12:42:56 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2015, 05:58:55 AM by RhodaGila

December open registration ready!

Edit: Send PM to EBK1000

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
EBK1000 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 11:25:14 PM

Just to make it clear:

December is only open to new "member". If you registered in November do NOT register in the December round as you will be disqualified and excluded from the raffles.

December for NEW "members" only....

Soooooooon...............
Alfred Dulaire

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 12:29:24 PM

PM sent to EBK1000

Just to make it clear:

December is only open to new "member". If you registered in November do NOT register in the December round as you will be disqualified and excluded from the raffles.

I've send a PM in November but I'm nowhere in your google doc "entry of the month".
Appart from PM + NXT adress is there any other parameters to fulfil to qualify for MOJO coins?
Thank you for your time.
melisande

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 12:34:09 PM

Raffle draw or not i am watching this coin and i thought it could be bigger if it has its own wallet and depend on nxt network.
EBK1000 (OP)
Legendary

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 09:11:00 PM

PM sent to EBK1000

Just to make it clear:

I've send a PM in November but I'm nowhere in your google doc "entry of the month".
Appart from PM + NXT adress is there any other parameters to fulfil to qualify for MOJO coins?
Thank you for your time.

It will not be open to "Newbie" accounts for the time being at least as it's too easy to cheat and I want to try to distribute fairly. I am open to suggestions on further distribution however...

wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 11:22:27 AM

Smart words from the dev.
Alfred Dulaire

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 12:29:36 PM

PM sent to EBK1000

Just to make it clear:

Thank you for your time.

It will not be open to "Newbie" accounts for the time being at least as it's too easy to cheat and I want to try to distribute fairly. I am open to suggestions on further distribution however...

Well I don't use bitcoin but NXT this is why I've got such a low post rate on your bitcoin forum... but whatever. (replace 'murica with NXT here under, thx)

http://t1.livememe.com/laq0vl_4.jpg
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 06:13:35 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2015, 06:24:37 PM by tyz

Creating an own wallet with the Nxt framework as a backend is not acutally a big deal. So, the project should use its development funds to find someone who is able to create such a wallet for Mojo.

Raffle draw or not i am watching this coin and i thought it could be bigger if it has its own wallet and depend on nxt network.
EBK1000 (OP)
Legendary

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 08:46:20 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2016, 09:55:40 PM by EBK1000

Sorry about the delay everyone. There has been Xmas and I have been doing some work on BITZ (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1234442).
We will soon be back on schedule with Mojocoin w/ further distribution and the January raffle. Date and times for January will be published soon

The preliminary plan at this stage is to continue with distribution until the end of January and complete the January raffle
That means that we will pay anyone who has registered up until 24/01/2016

We are then planning to transition to a PoS coin where there will be a 1:1 swap of MOJO (Nxt) to MOJO (PoS)
Further details to be announced but the transition will be done by end of February 2016

After trying this mode of distribution and running on top of Nxt we realise that we will not reach the number of people we want to reach

Distribution will still be free as before and we will come back to a new method

cryptocrypt

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 03:29:55 AM

keep good work dev

waiting for good news
Richard1972x

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 07:34:59 AM

Sorry about the delay everyone. There has been Xmas and I have been doing some work on BITZ (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1234442).
We will soon be back on schedule with Mojocoin w/ further distribution and the January raffle. Date and times for January will be published soon

The preliminary plan at this stage is to continue with distribution until the end of January and complete the January raffle

We are then planning to transition to a PoS coin where there will be a 1:1 swap of MOJO (Nxt) to MOJO (PoS)
Further details to be announced but the transition will be done by end of February 2016

After trying this mode of distribution and running on top of Nxt we realise that we will not reach the number of people we want to reach

Does that mean that there will be an exchange of the existing Mojo from Nxt-Blockchain out to new Mojo?
Will this new Mojo than completely independent from the Nxt-Blockchain?

Thanks for answering this here.

It seems to be a very interesting project and I like the monthly distribution.

EBK1000 (OP)
Legendary

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 09:58:02 PM

Does that mean that there will be an exchange of the existing Mojo from Nxt-Blockchain out to new Mojo?
Will this new Mojo than completely independent from the Nxt-Blockchain?

Thanks for answering this here.

It seems to be a very interesting project and I like the monthly distribution.

Yes, we will exchange all the MOJO for "new" MOJO of course and keep a free distribution pathway. This is part of the experiment. We just need to free ourselves from the Nxt blockchain and this appears to be the best way and then we'll work from there. I will go through and pay out everyone that has signed up so far and do the next raffle as promised. Then we will look for a way to distribute free MOJO on a monthly basis. We are looking at ways of doing this to make it difficult to cheat and make sure everyone only gets paid once (except the raffles which we will keep up). We are welcoming any ideas for a fair and scam free way of distributing coins outside of this forum as well.

apenzl

Activity: 396

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 10:17:25 PM

Yes, we will exchange all the MOJO for "new" MOJO of course and keep a free distribution pathway. This is part of the experiment. We just need to free ourselves from the Nxt blockchain and this appears to be the best way and then we'll work from there.
(...)

How come "freeing" a Nxt MS-coin from the Nxt blockchain is "part of the experiment"? Please explain, thanks.

Twitter: Follow us on Twitter

INITIAL PLAN
After initial distribution we seek to develop a 'light' wallet and get MOJO listed at
an exchange outside of the Nxt system. Poloniex and some other exchanges
support Nxt created coins. Once we have a few users we can experiment with
the blockchain and a 'light' wallet.

If we can get the 'light' wallet completed we will have an Android and iOS app
from that code. This will be built on Nxt.

RESOURCES
MOJO Currency Distribution
Distribution sheet (being updated)
Nxt Explorer for MOJO

We will see what we can do in terms of explorers but this seems ok for now.

If distribution is successful then we will look at other applications for MOJO.

MOJO money for free!!!

This is a self moderated thread as there is so much crap being thrown around. Constructive ideas and other related stuff is welcome.
Irrelevant stuff and FUD will be deleted as it serves no meaningful purpose.

EBK1000 (OP)
Legendary

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 10:21:47 PM

We just don't think that we will able to do what we want running on top of the Nxt blockchain so we go back to PoS coin to experiment with. Changing from Nxt to a PoS coin is not planned or part of anything, it just opens up other possibilities again.

apenzl

Activity: 396

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 12:45:35 AM

We just don't think that we will able to do what we want running on top of the Nxt blockchain so we go back to PoS coin to experiment with. Changing from Nxt to a PoS coin is not planned or part of anything, it just opens up other possibilities again.

Ok, no problem - other than I'd been looking forward to what you could do with an MS-coin  Smiley

Thanks for your answer.

EBK1000 (OP)
Legendary

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 11:22:34 PM

New thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1366963.0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All