Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:50:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 BTC Bounty for screencast showing initial config of bitcoin-otc gpg  (Read 1701 times)
kgo (OP)

Activity: 548
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2011, 10:46:55 PM

The screencast should:

• Assume the user is on Windows seven.
  • Show download and installation of gpg4win.
  • Show initial key creation and submission to keyservers.
  • Show registration of key at bitcoin-otc, preferrably using eregister and kleopatra's built-in in clipboard decryption
  • Demonstrate how to ;;ident and ;;getrating for an account.  Let's go with Keefe
  • Include audio explanation of all steps in english

I'll give the first volunteer three days to complete the task, then move onto the next, if any, etc.  That way you don't need to worry about someone else finishing a screencast minutes before you do.

Just reply here if you're volunteering.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Chris Acheson

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 05, 2011, 11:09:00 PM

I'll do it.  Smiley
kgo (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2011, 11:15:13 PM

Sounds good.  I look forward to seeing what you come up with.  You've got three days from your post time to deliver.  I didn't specify this, but you should probably put a donation/tip jar address in the video.

If anyone wants to get the next slot in the event that Chris doesn't deliver, reply here.
Chris Acheson

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 10:44:09 AM

I'm sorry to do this kgo, but I need to drop out.  I've tried two different screencast programs so far, and encountered show-stopping problems with both of them.  I thought this would be a pretty easy thing to produce, since I'm well-versed with GPG, but apparently not.  I just don't have any more time to mess around with it.   Undecided
kgo (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 03:35:33 PM

Thanks for the heads up.  Any other volunteers?
lulzplzkthx

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2011, 03:48:25 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2011, 09:32:09 PM by lulzplzkthx

I'll do it.

Do you want this released under your name, a specific website, etc, or should I just upload it to YouTube under my account?

kgo (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 10:25:37 PM

I'll do it.

Do you want this released under your name, a specific website, etc, or should I just upload it to YouTube under my account?

Nope, I don't need any credits or anything.  You can take all the credit.  Strongly suggest including your own donation address in the screencast.  Youtube is fine.
lulzplzkthx

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2011, 10:00:16 PM

I haven't done many screencasts, so let me know if something's wrong and I'll see if I can correct it.

The video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYJ-GdErX1c

~lulz

graingert

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2011, 11:03:56 PM

hmm that's only available in £4.80, do you have a £7.20 or £10.80 HD version? as I can't actually read any of the text.

Also it's a bit noisy at the beginning

*Image Removed*
lulzplzkthx

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2011, 12:40:29 AM

hmm that's only available in £4.80, do you have a £7.20 or £10.80 HD version? as I can't actually read any of the text.

Also it's a bit noisy at the beginning
Let me see what I can do. No guarantees. And if kgo isn't satisfied, there's no need to pay me the bounty.

EDIT: Okay, I'm going to try to re-record tomorrow, because I didn't expect it to take even close to 15 minutes. I had to use another application to cut like 6 different sections out (I thought I was able to get it to blend quite nicely), but doing so did, of course, ruin the quality. Hopefully I can get it cut down in time in the first recording tomorrow.

~lulz

lulzplzkthx

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2011, 09:48:09 PM

I don't have the time to create a corrected version, so I'll let someone else create the screencast and take the bounty.

~lulz

kgo (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 02:07:49 AM

I don't have the time to create a corrected version, so I'll let someone else create the screencast and take the bounty.

~lulz

I actually think that's pretty good, even with the crappy resolution.  Tell you what, I'll at least pay you 0.5 for your work, and give you a full BTC if the admins of the bitcoin-otc wiki think it's good enough to link to.  Just get me a payment address.
lulzplzkthx

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2011, 08:13:03 AM

~lulz

I actually think that's pretty good, even with the crappy resolution.  Tell you what, I'll at least pay you 0.5 for your work, and give you a full BTC if the admins of the bitcoin-otc wiki think it's good enough to link to.  Just get me a payment address.

Thanks, I really appreciate it. Smiley

1CPaJn5Aiyrv2spvNAayggZ8Y699u5FArW

kgo (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 09:32:08 PM

~lulz

Thanks, I really appreciate it. Smiley

1CPaJn5Aiyrv2spvNAayggZ8Y699u5FArW

Looks like the link is on the -otc wiki:

http://wiki.bitcoin-otc.com/wiki/GPG_authentication

I just sent 1 BTC your way.

wangboy

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2011, 11:27:16 PM

Hey man, I followed your video exactly.

If I type in ;;gpg ident <myname> I can see that I am authenticated and logged in but if I go to the weboftrust page I cant find any info on myself.

Is this normal that if nobody has rated me?
Also can you tell me how I create a buy order now as I can see a drop down list of usernames to select from but I'm not there.

kgo (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 12:03:54 AM

If I type in ;;gpg ident <myname> I can see that I am authenticated and logged in but if I go to the weboftrust page I cant find any info on myself.

Also can you tell me how I create a buy order now as I can see a drop down list of usernames to select from but I'm not there.

Yes that's probably because no one rated you.  You need to place a buy order via gribble on IRC.

;;buy 1 BTC at 20 USD paid with dwolla

Or something like that.
wangboy

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2011, 12:18:09 AM

Yes that's probably because no one rated you.  You need to place a buy order via gribble on IRC.

;;buy 1 BTC at 20 USD paid with dwolla

Or something like that.

Kudos to you sir!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: