Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:06:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin founder says it's hard to support Dash because of the instamine.  (Read 1294 times)
cryptodromeda (OP)

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 04:08:06 AM
Last edit: November 10, 2015, 07:46:25 AM by cryptodromeda

Video here:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1h_UZLhYsQ#t=29m57s

Quote from: Charles Lee
So if you wanna launch an altcoin today and you're thinking about just profit then I say don't bother. But if you have something actually innovative it's worth doing but you have to make sure that you're doing it in a fair manner. Like for example one coin, Darkcoin, now it's called like Dash... they had something like... well people call it instamining where they launched it and a small group of people mined a lot of coins. I mean the coin is trying to be pretty innovative, but because of that instamine it's kinda of holding it back. People are like "Wait... 10 people mined like a million coins in the first half an hour?" It's hard for people to support that.

It's a kind of blindness that reason alone cannot cure.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2015, 04:15:46 AM

Incoming bagholders trying to justify it all.

hexitor

Activity: 160

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 04:26:29 AM

Incoming bagholders trying to justify it all.

may be they are just trying keep the market price up or make a fake pump after recent litecoin price crash
litecoin is crashing everyday, investors losing their trust in this coin

stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 04:33:02 AM

There will come a point when no one cares about the instamine, and most people actually dont care today. You can sit there and dwell on the past or look toward the future.

Its only the butthurt trolls that say the same instamine shit over and over. Dont like it, dont invest, simple as that. Satoshi is sitting on the biggest bitcoin stash.....this was once the trolls topic of choice...now...not so much..

Dash is the most innovative coin to date, if it keeps doing what its doing then this will be a thing of the past.

Do your research - dont look back and say omg I listened to trolls like many people did for bitcoin and missed out.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 04:39:53 AM

There will come a point when no one cares about the instamine, and most people actually dont care today. You can sit there and dwell on the past or look toward the future.

Its only the butthurt trolls that say the same instamine shit over and over. Dont like it, dont invest, simple as that. Satoshi is sitting on the biggest bitcoin stash.....this was once the trolls topic of choice...now...not so much..

Dash is the most innovative coin to date, if it keeps doing what its doing then this will be a thing of the past.

Do your research - dont look back and say omg I listened to trolls like many people did for bitcoin and missed out.

Bitcoin is the most innovative coin to date, Xcoin/Darkcoin/Dash is a derivative work with a derivative of coinjoin tacked on in the form of masternodes that enrich the instaminers. Satoshi mined his stash over more than a year, not a day.
stealth923
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 04:46:07 AM

Bitcoin is the most innovative coin to date, Xcoin/Darkcoin/Dash is a derivative work with a derivative of coinjoin tacked on in the form of masternodes that enrich the instaminers. Satoshi mined his stash over more than a year, not a day.

No - bitcoin is the first but now a dinosaur. Go read up about Dash Evolution...is not a derivative .And in all ways superior...

A Ferrari has derivatives from the first Henry T ford..i.e a steering wheel..is the Henry T ford still better...no

Dont like it - dont invest.
Hazard
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2015, 04:54:55 AM

No - bitcoin is the first but now a dinosaur. Go read up about Dash Evolution...is not a derivative .And in all ways superior...

A Ferrari has derivatives from the first Henry T ford..i.e a steering wheel..is the Henry T ford still better...no

You're delusional if you think DASH will ever reach the level of adoption Bitcoin has. Ever since it's inception, xcoin/darkcoin/dash has been little more than a vehicle to make insiders money. From the instamine, the masternodes, you name it... Every move is calculated to hustle money out of people like you.

Continue sipping the kool-aid as your "investment" trends towards zero.

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2015, 05:05:35 AM
Last edit: November 10, 2015, 06:48:03 AM by generalizethis

"There will come a time when no one cares about the instamine"

When is that? Because it seems the more that people hear about the instamine, the more people care about it. If you hear about it and don't care, fine--you're risking your money and are fine with losing it if it happens. But the people who don't know about the instamine have a right to know and Evan isn't telling them himself. And when he's pressed on the point, he makes it sound like it's nothing or normal.

stealth923
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 05:07:14 AM

You're delusional if you think DASH will ever reach the level of adoption Bitcoin has. Ever since it's inception, xcoin/darkcoin/dash has been little more than a vehicle to make insiders money. From the instamine, the masternodes, you name it... Every move is calculated to hustle money out of people like you.

Continue sipping the kool-aid as your "investment" trends towards zero.

It may...or it may not. You dont know the answer and neither do I.

If it goes to zero, I wont lose any sleep Smiley

If it goes up then I have everything to gain.
Hazard
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2015, 05:12:08 AM

Please educate yourself.

DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 05:20:11 AM

DASH is not only a shitcoin but an embarrassment to cryptocurrency.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 05:30:18 AM

Nope wrong. There will always be people who care.

I will care, so your "no one" statement is broken already by me saying that.

I'm sure there will be many others who will care if dash perpetuates its shady in gamine and denial of what that in famine implies.

It was sold as a "feature" yet not sure how that feature is a good one.

Broken logic once again by dash supporters.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 05:33:01 AM

Oh yeah where is evolution white paper and peer review?

Just because Evan says something, it doesn't make it true. Same goes for you.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

TheMage

Activity: 812

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 06:43:44 AM

cryptodromeda,

I would humbly request that you deleted this thread. This does nothing but sow the seeds of hatred and takes Charlie's words out of context. Thank you

Andrew

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
stealth923
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 06:45:26 AM

Same goes for you.

And I also vote for this thread to be deleted. Monero trolls once again ruin the forums.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 06:53:59 AM

cryptodromeda,

I would humbly request that you deleted this thread. This does nothing but sow the seeds of hatred and takes Charlie's words out of context. Thank you

Andrew

He can't delete thread. As far as I am aware he needs to get a moderator to do that.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 06:55:08 AM

Same goes for you.

And I also vote for this thread to be deleted. Monero trolls once again ruin the forums.

Forgetting something?

Ignoring something?

Yeah don't answer the tough questions...lol

Still waiting for your answer.

No one is ruining the forums by calling a spade a spade...and a scam a scam.

People are allowed to post their opinions on this forum and yes that includes people who support other coins...not just dash supporters.

Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

noah tall

Activity: 524

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 07:23:02 AM

... no one cares about the instamine...
...I will care...

Therefore, you are no one.

Case closed.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 07:26:23 AM

cryptodromeda,

Andrew

After watching the video the words posted in the OP are within the context of what he was saying. It's pretty much word for word. Not out of context.

Was he actually speaking out against Dash? Well to a certain extent it sounded like that given he gave the example of dash himself. No one was leading him on with a question to bash dash.

Maybe tweaking the thread title might be fair. As far as context of the main post I dont see it out of context at all. It's verbatim of what Charlie said.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

cryptodromeda (OP)

Activity: 212

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 07:46:10 AM

cryptodromeda,

Andrew

Mage - I've always believed that the instamine should never be covered up.

However, since you asked nicely and I respect the Litecoin administration, I'll lock this thread.

It's a kind of blindness that reason alone cannot cure.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: