Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:23:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: kongzi.ca going live -- investment/presales opportunities  (Read 7801 times)
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 04:47:09 AM

I don't NEED your approval, nor your investment!

Says the person who's yet again seeking funds from others.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
usagi (OP)
VIP

Activity: 812

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 05:16:29 AM

I won't be posting it online as it contains my real name.

Good idea not to associate all these scams with your real name.

How did you ever end up with so many aliases anyways? You must have pulled a lot of scams to have to change your identity so many times.

Did any of your scams succeed?  Why don't you tell us about some of your crowning achievements.

Cool story bro. Let me tell you about all my scams -- like actually publishing a Japanese Texbook. And actually coding a real online language school.

Kongzi beta-8 is over 10,000 SLOC. Not LOC, SLOC. You probably don't even understand what that means. I'll let someone like Diablo explain it to you. Anyone here care to explain what being able to code and maintain a 10k SLOC project is like?

I bet if I explained to you some of the natural language processing problems I faced writing this software, that you would be mentally incapable of understanding the solutions. Your troll attempt is a joke. I've seen better trolls on newsgroups about cats.

See you can claim I am a scammer all you want, it's just that... well... here's my book, in my hands.... And my website is growing steadily. Nice try tho.
cunicula
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 05:30:58 AM

I won't be posting it online as it contains my real name.

Good idea not to associate all these scams with your real name.

How did you ever end up with so many aliases anyways?

[Since you failed to answer any of my questions.]
Bengt Bedrup

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 03:10:30 PM

I've taken the JLPT, I've written books about it.

Are you claiming that you passed it?  Ah what level?
Usagi, you skipped over this particular bit and I too am curious about it.
cunicula
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 03:39:27 PM

I assure you. Usagi has S, C, A, and M level JLPT credentials.
usagi (OP)
VIP

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 10:54:51 AM

Hello Bengt. I didn't skip over it, I posted that I would publish my JLPT certificate in my book but not online as it contains my real name.

I'm also a little curious myself; why are you so interested? Do you speak Japanese or are you interested in learning?

I liken it to being in a bakery. You can see the bread; you can smell it. What kind of a poor troll would demand to see the baker's college diploma before buying a donut? It doesn't make much sense. I'm sorry, but the trolling here is really bad; this obviously isn't a scam, there are real, physical products available here and it's easy to test my japanese. What is even funnier is that I don't actually need to know Japanese in order to write a japanese learning program; the people behind stackz, anki, iknow and memosyne (or whatever it's called) may or may not know Japanese-- their japanese ability is not actually relevant to the science behind linguistics or things like SRS. If you know anything about the advancements in modern linguistics, you will know that the natural order hypothesis states that people learn the same grammatical constructs in the same order no matter what language they are learning. People learn present tense before they learn past tense. People learn continuous tense before relative clauses. And so on. You can learn more about that particular hypothesis on the web (for example here), including reading criticisms of that hypothesis.

burogu o yomu nagara kohii o nomimashita. While reading the blog I drank the coffee.

See, discussing things like the natural order hypothesis is much more what I want to do than responding to boring trolls like eskimobob Smiley So I'm going to keep pushing forward and doing my book and blog, and if you are really so curious about it there are samples available online. See the OP.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 01:07:38 PM

See, discussing things like the natural order hypothesis is much more what I want to do than responding to boring trolls like eskimobob Smiley So I'm going to keep pushing forward and doing my book and blog, and if you are really so curious about it there are samples available online. See the OP.

This works. As long as you stop asking for other people's money, offering "investments" and so forth I'm sure nobody cares one way or the other.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
usagi (OP)
VIP

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 01:53:38 PM

This works. As long as you stop asking for other people's money, offering "investments" and so forth I'm sure nobody cares one way or the other.

I'm not offering an investment nor am I brokering one -- That is what you are doing. Offering an unlicensed security or investment is actually illegal, as you will surely be made painfully aware of in short order. I mean, you've got to know by now, or you wouldn't have prepared a defense. Not that your defense is worth anything. You were pretty much laughed off the forum last time you posted it.
Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 02:09:05 PM

I'm not offering an investment nor am I brokering one -- That is what you are doing. Offering an unlicensed security or investment is actually illegal, as you will surely be made painfully aware of in short order. I mean, you've got to know by now, or you wouldn't have prepared a defense. Not that your defense is worth anything. You were pretty much laughed off the forum last time you posted it.

If you're not offering an investment then:

A) Why does thread title say "kongzi.ca going live -- investment/presales opportunities".  How can it be an investment opportunity if you aren't offering an investment?
B) Why is this thread in a sub-forum that is specifically FOR investments?

On point A) you appear to be attempting to solicit a loan (which there's actually a loans section for) - yet it reads more like an investment than a loan.  There's no stated repayment schedule and it seems repayments will only be made out of profits - i.e. if it doesn't make a profit then there's no repayment.  In what parallel universe is "I want you to give me money which I'll use in a business and only repay if it makes a profit" a loan rather than an investment?

And no point you offering "guarantees" until you've delivered on the ones to nyan.a, your existing loan (or has that been paid back? Haven't checked - so maybe you repaid that one), the last few YARR bond-holders (who should have been paid back the second you decided you weren't going to change that into an OBSI pass-through) etc etc etc.

Maybe start sorting out your current mess before creating new ones?
usagi (OP)
VIP

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 03:27:59 PM

A) Why does thread title say "kongzi.ca going live -- investment/presales opportunities".  How can it be an investment opportunity if you aren't offering an investment?

On point A) you appear to be attempting to solicit a loan (which there's actually a loans section for) - yet it reads more like an investment than a loan.  There's no stated repayment schedule and it seems repayments will only be made out of profits - i.e. if it doesn't make a profit then there's no repayment.  In what parallel universe is "I want you to give me money which I'll use in a business and only repay if it makes a profit" a loan rather than an investment?

And no point you offering "guarantees" until you've delivered on the ones to nyan.a, your existing loan (or has that been paid back? Haven't checked - so maybe you repaid that one), the last few YARR bond-holders (who should have been paid back the second you decided you weren't going to change that into an OBSI pass-through) etc etc etc.

I'm not in any kind of mess -- not sure where you got that idea. Would you like to learn some Japanese? It's really easy! I can teach you right here.
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 03:48:29 PM

Talking about YARR then Usagi has deleted most of the posts about YARR and closed the thread. 

Before nefario freaked out and glbse'd us all, I had 9 shares of YARR.  Usagi, I like you to buy this stuff back and be done with YARR for good.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
usagi (OP)
VIP

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 04:13:16 PM

Talking about YARR then Usagi has deleted most of the posts about YARR and closed the thread. 

Before nefario freaked out and glbse'd us all, I had 9 shares of YARR.  Usagi, I like you to buy this stuff back and be done with YARR for good.

You can post about that in another thread, and I'll answer you. This is for kongzi.ca. Would you like to learn Japanese?
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 04:15:52 PM

You can post about that in another thread, and I'll answer you. This is for kongzi.ca. Would you like to learn Japanese?

What other thread? The YARR one where you deleted all your crap and then closed? If there is another YARR thread, post a link.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
usagi (OP)
VIP

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 03:47:10 AM

Dictionary entry and editing is done. Working on a basic flashcard/quiz mode now.

kongzi.ca/flashcards/fc.php

I won't open dictionary editing to the public yet. It's a little problematic. I need to get entry browsing up first and implement a changelog system for admins to verify entries users submit. Right now tho, coding the quizzing thing is the most interesting to me. I'm a bit of a noob at Javascript but it seems easy enough to figure out as you go along. Bootstrap is awesome :>
stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 04:35:23 AM

I have been interested in learning Japanese for a while but I fail to see how your method differs from purchasing a Japanese language book, listening to audio such as from Pimsleur, and going on italki.com and practicing with native Japanese speakers.

Will you post your CV to back up your teaching qualifications?

Also, could you provide references of past students or maybe post a letter of recommendation from them?  I have written recommendation letters for my past language teachers.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Bengt Bedrup

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 04:38:30 AM

Hello Bengt. I didn't skip over it, I posted that I would publish my JLPT certificate in my book but not online as it contains my real name.

I'm also a little curious myself; why are you so interested? Do you speak Japanese or are you interested in learning?
No knowledge of Japanese outside of the odd word/phrase and no interest in learning, I am solely here because I enjoy watching internet drama/comedy. The reason that I am interested in that particular question is because I find the idea of someone incompetent in a language trying to teach other the very same language - sort of like the classic Monty Python Hungarian phrasebook sketch.

Having only studied the language for 1½ year would indicate that you are not proficient enough to teach it to others, but to be fair it is possible that you are a language prodigy and knowing Chinese would make it easier to pick up kanji. As I don't know Japanese I can't judge for myself, so knowing what level of JLPT you passed could act sort of as a proxy. As such it is a fair question from the point of view of a prospective student as well, they'd like it established that you fill your boots.

I posted that I would publish my JLPT certificate in my book but not online as it contains my real name.
I fully understand that, and honestly I'm not really interested in viewing your actual certificate. If you just say "I passed the [N4 or whatever]" that's good enough for me.
deeplink

Activity: 728

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 09:01:28 AM

No knowledge of Japanese outside of the odd word/phrase and no interest in learning, I am solely here because I enjoy watching internet drama/comedy. The reason that I am interested in that particular question is because I find the idea of someone incompetent in a language trying to teach other the very same language - sort of like the classic Monty Python Hungarian phrasebook sketch.

lol, 3:47 "I wish to plead incompetent"
deeplink

Activity: 728

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 09:09:05 AM

Cool story bro. Let me tell you about all my scams -- like actually publishing a Japanese Texbook. And actually coding a real online language school.

Kongzi beta-8 is over 10,000 SLOC. Not LOC, SLOC. You probably don't even understand what that means. I'll let someone like Diablo explain it to you. Anyone here care to explain what being able to code and maintain a 10k SLOC project is like?

I bet if I explained to you some of the natural language processing problems I faced writing this software, that you would be mentally incapable of understanding the solutions. Your troll attempt is a joke. I've seen better trolls on newsgroups about cats.

Maybe you can also ask Diablo to explain to you how to loose 97% of your investors money? You two are a great team.

Seriously, I remember you didn't even know how to program a function in Excel. Now it sounds like you also don't know what you are doing as a programmer or are you counting all the blank lines in your code?

Would you like to learn Javascript? It's really easy! I can teach you right here.
usagi (OP)
VIP

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 02:30:33 PM

I have been interested in learning Japanese for a while but I fail to see how your method differs from purchasing a Japanese language book, listening to audio such as from Pimsleur, and going on italki.com and practicing with native Japanese speakers.

My goal is to use acquisition theory and massive comprehensible input to teach Japanese (and Chinese). Please look up some of Dr. Stephen Krashen's lectures on Youtube -- it really is quite fascinating.

Will you post your CV to back up your teaching qualifications?

Also, could you provide references of past students or maybe post a letter of recommendation from them?  I have written recommendation letters for my past language teachers.

I don't think you understand what I am offering. My book will be interesting on it's own, but kongzi.ca is just software akin to anki or stackz or iknow.jp. Most of the content will be created and maintained by native Japanese (or Chinese, for Chinese) speakers. With acquisition theory and MCI it wouldn't matter how good my japanese was because one person alone cannot create the absolutely massive amounts of content you need for the method to work.

About the book tho, if you don't think that Acquisition theory is of any use, don't buy my book. Again it matters little how good my japanese is; the only thing that matters is that you are presented with a large (large!) amount of understandable source material. Over time I'll probably release quite a bit more of it for free on the internet. You will have plenty of time to read more about it yourself and decide if you are interested in it before it is finished and I start really charging for it.

I guess you could say I am actually more interested in the science behind it than the business end. Here's a snippet from "Welcome to Chinese" (the chinese book I am working on). I have 22 chapters (over 400 words) done on it:

Targeted MCI: Why Frequency Order?

One approach is to study characters by frequency. Consider that the most common 180 characters comprise approximately 50% of all written Chinese.  *1 ("6000 Chinese Words”, by James Erwin Dew, pg. 33). If a student learned those 180 characters, he would have a lot more confidence in his progress because every single time he saw a Chinese book, sign, or newspaper, he would likely recognize some if not all of it.

This is a very good idea on it’s own, but cannot make a useable textbook. For one, it is not possible to construct any meaningful dialogue whatsoever out of the first 100 frequency ordered characters out of all written Chinese. Nor the first 200. The reason is that many vital words are from parts of speech classes, that while independently are very low frequency words, together make up a large portion of the language. For example, most nouns may be frequency 1000 or lower; but withot a decent number of nouns, one can’t really speak a language. Even if a student sticks it out and achieves a 90% comprehension rate by memorizing the first 1,000 characters, this will not be enough to actually understand anything since he or she will not understand core areas of the language (such as nouns). Attempting to read anything would be a laborious exercise in dictionary usage.

The problem can be absolved by reducing the sample size, lowering the target vocabulary. Trying to tackle a frequency ordered approach containing 5,000 characters for 99.9% literacy is not a viable option. By targeting the vocabulary to a restricted set of materials which are then used as a stepping stone to reach the next level of language usage, students can experience immediate usability and fluency in the language. This provides a strong reinforcement for learning the language.

Benefits of the Targeted Frequency Order Approach

The targeted frequency order approach used in this book consists of a short frequency analysis of a small to medium sized pool of low-level materials such as children’s books, contrasted with government approved grading systems such as BLI, HSK, CYY and IUP.

The results of the research into the construction of the core vocabulary was very suprising. Following is a small chart which rates literacy of the target material compared to an untargeted vocabulary of several thousand words, based on how many characters have been learned under either approach:

# of Words        Literacy(Untargeted Vocabulary)   Literacy(Targeted Vocabulary)
100 37% 70%
200 46% 80%
300 52% 86%
400 56% 92%
500 59% 95%

With untargeted frequency analysis, the first 100 characters learned comprise under 40% of the written language. But with the targeted approach we used it comprised an amazing 70%. As a result, the student would theoretically feels a much greater sense of progress than normal. It is hoped this would fuel their desire to learn as they would feel their fluency increasing measurably with every lesson learned.

As a reassurance, since all of the characters surveyed in this approach would naturally fall within the most common few thousand characters used in modern Chinese, a student isn’t wasting their time studying this method over any other, and could quite easily transition to a normal textbook or Chinse course if it became necessary.

Results of Core Vocabulary Selection Process

The approach used in writing this book was to conduct a character frequency analysis of a popular children’s book series. The intent was to create a subset of the most common characters which not only were common, but were able to be used to construct meaningful material. Hopefully, the student would be immediately able to read much longer stories and dialogues than appear in normal textbooks. It is also hoped that the charming, timeless stories would appeal to people of all ages.

As the results of the analysis came in, everyone doing the research was shocked. Here is a snapshot of the pool analysis data for the first 12 books:

Book   New Characters   New to Pool   Pool
34-1      137   100%   137
34-2      66   48%   203
34-3      52   26%   255
34-4      42   16%   297
34-5      50   17%   347
34-6      39   11%   386
34-7      42   11%   428
34-8      40   9%   468
34-9      22   5%   490
34-10      0   0%   490
34-11      19   4%   509
34-12      17   3%   526

There are several ways to interpret the data. First, that given the results of the last four books (and especially book 10) we see that with a small, well-tuned vocabulary it is possible to create a large amount of different and interesting reading material. Most notably book 10, which was written entirely using characters which appeared previously in the series. Based on this data, it seems plausable that a core vocabulary could be constructed that would be even smaller, which would support the transition to the MCI approach within the first year of language instruction.

Designing an Optimal Core Vocabulary

There are several considerations to designing an optimal core vocabulary. First is the target size. If we aim for first year students this should be around 250 or 300 words. The set of 527 words from the books listed above is small enough to be analyzed for this purpose. Let's examine the most common characters in this list first.

Appearances   Pool Size   Literacy (to 1%)
> 1   526   100%
> 2   386   95%
> 3   273   90%
> 4   221   85%
> 5   186   80%

The above chart suggests that the core vocabulary does not need to use characters which only appear once or twice in the entire series of 12 books; a 90% literacy rate (over the target vocabulary) can be achieved with just 273 characters. Given the results of the previous table, it is proposed that a minimum of three or perhaps four readers could be constructed based on this material.

A further method is to examine the contents of the stories themselves. Of the most common characters, throughout the 20th to 60th most common chartacters appear many words used to refer to particular animals. This is due to the subject nature of the books (children's story books). Additionally, a large number of objects and places and descriptions vary from book to book. These words will be reasonably common as they appear a large number of times, however, they only appear in one or perhaps two books in the series. We may therefore hypothesize that we can reduce the number of characters in the remaining target vocabulary by 20 to 30 words by introducing a consistent cast of characters and a consistent set/scenery.
usagi (OP)
VIP

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 02:33:49 PM

Kongzi beta-8 is over 10,000 SLOC. Not LOC, SLOC. You probably don't even understand what that means.
Seriously, I remember you didn't even know how to program a function in Excel. Now it sounds like you also don't know what you are doing as a programmer or are you counting all the blank lines in your code?

Emphasis mine.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: