Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:50:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Strange S3 issue  (Read 406 times)
JaredKaragen (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2015, 11:02:37 AM

My Antminer S3 is doing some strange things to me recently.

It randomly goes "offline" and when I log into the web interface it shows that the asic boards disconnected in the logs.

If I reboot the whole machine, it starts working fine.  Happened twice today.  once noticed when I woke, and the next when I came back home recently.

It has a Thermaltake 750W power supply (plenty of 12V wattage for the S3) and I haven't really had any issues other than only one asic chip showing as an X when the system gets over 44C on a hot day. (I will be re-thermal pasting them as when I opened it originally there were signs of paste on the heatsyncs that was smeared around almost like a spill or careless application)

Has anyone else seen this type of behavior?   It acts like it cant connect to a pool but the network interface is up, and my internet is connected...   Its as if cgminer on the antminer isn't launching because of the asic boards being reported as disconnected in the system.

Maybe its just a thermal paste issue.....   Its gone weeks at 250M with no issues at all other than the random X on a hot day.

Typical temps are 28-39C when cool, and 40-44C when it gets hot inside.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: