Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:54:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you don't have any ideas, you shouldn't even complain.  (Read 2415 times)
Blue_Tiger73

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 09:12:04 AM

Let me just begin my thread by mentioning how pathetic it is in my honest opinion that some people in this forum do not have ideas to help the success of Bitcoin, but have the undeserved self righteousness to belittle another human being's ideas with no audacity to come up with their own.

Bitcoin is still very much in its prime. It will only succeed if we have every single Bitcoin user having some kind of strategy to help it grow. You cannot complain that you're struggling with your bills trying to have Bitcoin as your plan A. Bitcoin isn't even qualified to be a plan A, when it has plan B characteristics. Take those characteristics and change them.

If you're one of the many people that just want to cash in on Bitcoin, but not help it then just leave.

I don't really think that there are that many people of that kind on this forum. If there are any, well, please leave as you do not want to help Bitcoin and the Bitcoin community. Most people have good ideas and want to help out Bitcoin. And yeah. Bitcoin is definitely a plan B instead of a plan A, please don't get confused.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 09:12:43 AM

i think what the OP is trying to say is that soo many people sit on their hands and shout,
when will bitcoin go mainstream
when will bitcoin get noticed
when will bitcoin reach $xxxx

well, bitcoin is just code.. it has no voice, no arms no legs..
its the community. (you and me) that are the voice, arms and legs.. so for those asking when.. the answer is when they help themselves.

a prime example is a guy asking when his local shop will accept bitcoin.. like it will magically happen.. if he wants his local shop to accept bitcoin, he the person in the town, using that shop should go and ask that shop about bitcoin.. as a stranger 1000 miles away wont do it..

You have nailed it mate! Bitcoin community and this forum has way too many people that are seeing Bitcoin as a quick get rich scheme. These people are not contributing much but in many instances they are even getting very annoying with their complaining, when will we get rich? And AL this time they are just sitting on their assets while doing nothing.
TheGr33k (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 09:43:06 AM

I do not complain either, and not doing much. Well, I try to educate people on using exchanges, differences between Pow/Pos Coins, talking about Bitcoin services etc. But not doing much...
Splendid. Like Splenda.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 09:48:23 AM
Last edit: November 12, 2015, 10:02:54 AM by Spoetnik

The quality / validity of your ideas has no bearing on my own or anyone else's.
You violate the very core fabric of scientific examination when you post this topic.
An idea has no value until it is reviewed. (this is what is SUPPOSE to happen)
Your idea is submitted then reviewed because this is how reality works.
Don't complain about reality.. your not going to win against it. LOL
You're also complaining about complaining hahha

And your idea ?
A trail of possible credit card fraud and lies and shady activity, trolling and threats.
Do you recall following me around posting on my topics you know someone threatening me ?
Recall how i told you i don't care.. don't bother me with it call the cops ?
Remember how you THEN went on to start sending me PM's about it (3 of them)

For future reference maybe stay out of the threats business and stick to your "not card'ing" activities.

Ideas ? hmmm
Like your banned girl friend here trying to solicit us for Bitcoin in return she would flash her tits on Skype privately ?

You know what i don't understand is how you guys riddled with a trail of scammy behavior keep on going.
Your bad at it ..leave it to the skilled scammers that keep their head down.

OP i am surprised you still show your face around here never mind make topics like this.
And you must be pretty stupid to have the bloody audacity to threaten me of all people here.
Did you look at my post history ?
I'm a god damn beast kid.. i eat 20 of your kind before breakfast son LOL

Link to his banned GF = codishmumu - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=536017
little miss Asian/Black from Toronto who has kids and most likely shares a bed with the OP
who used to be a graffiti artist (he claims) and now helps sell his GF's Bitcoin styled sweaters in off-topic LOL

EDIT:
Here is where the OP is selling his GF's stuff for her even though she is banned..
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1240581.0

FUD first & ask questions later™
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 10:56:00 AM
Last edit: November 12, 2015, 03:45:00 PM by n2004al

Let me just begin my thread by mentioning how pathetic it is in my honest opinion that some people in this forum do not have ideas to help the success of Bitcoin, but have the undeserved self righteousness to belittle another human being's ideas with no audacity to come up with their own.

Bitcoin is still very much in its prime. It will only succeed if we have every single Bitcoin user having some kind of strategy to help it grow. You cannot complain that you're struggling with your bills trying to have Bitcoin as your plan A. Bitcoin isn't even qualified to be a plan A, when it has plan B characteristics. Take those characteristics and change them.

If you're one of the many people that just want to cash in on Bitcoin, but not help it then just leave.

Wrong idea. If everyone who like or love bitcoin for tens of reasons but have not any idea how to help it, will leave it, the people which will have to do with bitcoin would be e few hundreds (I'm being generous in giving such figure). If it will be such situation for sure bitcoin will be dead.The use of it only by few hundred people mean nothing in the today market. Much more other altcoins have more users.

So to pretend that everyone must help bitcoin or to leave it it is totally wrong approach according to me. For me is a big help even only someone use or hold or accumulate it. The most big help that someone can give. Even if make only one the above three actions is a enormous help for it. The spread of bitcoin (which is the totally of the three above actions) is the most big and irreplaceable help that a person can do for it. It is enough to do this and this person need the gratitude for someone which like or love bitcoin. The spread of bitcoin mean more value and more power for it. More recognition and more deep root in the market and within the people which use and will use it. More impossibility to fight or ban it. More near of the final aim to be part of every person in the Earth.
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 11:04:14 AM

Just ride the wave and have a nice coffee out there.

It will only succeed if we have every single Bitcoin user having some kind of strategy to help it grow.

What kind of strategy do you want? If people will not complain about struggling their bills or any financial problem and thinking of Bitcoin as a solution, do you think people will think of that Bitcon? That's the point here. They consider bitcoin can help so they are trying anything just to have it without realizing that they helping the bitcoin community in terms of popularity and awareness.

Even all people that bitcoin user will have strategy that you are talking about still BTC will not succeed. Mass adoption is the key here wherever what or where they will use that coin.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 11:07:07 AM

The people here can't do much. Those who are constantly asking for global adoption and for when the price will reach $25,000 per coin, are the kind of people who don't understand how Bitcoin works and what it exactly does. They are here to earn some free bits and just YOLO buy their coins at a certain price hoping it will rise so they can make a nice profit.

I am the kind of person who finds that actions speak louder than words. I try to keep the network as safe as possible by running a full node. It might not look like much, but I am definitely contributing. I make people aware of Bitcoin by telling what and how they can use it to benefit from it.

What I and other people can do is, visit local stores and explain them in detail what Bitcoin is and how it works. If I can make at least 1 store accept Bitcoin, my task is already successful.
Please don't be like that. Anything is possible.

1 store is definitely a step, but to be honest it's just very far from a huge adoption.

Huge/global adoption can only happen if they see there is demand for purchasing things with Bitcoin. And at this point the demand is not there. People do occasionally use Bitcoin as currency, but it is far from enough to make merchants stand in a row to accept Bitcoin.

And Bitcoin as it is right now isn't able to handle global adoption scenarios. For that we need at least larger blocks, and perhaps even faster confirmation times. That's why I hope the Core devs release their version of the Core client with larger blocks. As soon as they do that, the whole XT drama will be over.
TheGr33k (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 03:32:52 PM

The people here can't do much. Those who are constantly asking for global adoption and for when the price will reach $25,000 per coin, are the kind of people who don't understand how Bitcoin works and what it exactly does. They are here to earn some free bits and just YOLO buy their coins at a certain price hoping it will rise so they can make a nice profit.

I am the kind of person who finds that actions speak louder than words. I try to keep the network as safe as possible by running a full node. It might not look like much, but I am definitely contributing. I make people aware of Bitcoin by telling what and how they can use it to benefit from it.

What I and other people can do is, visit local stores and explain them in detail what Bitcoin is and how it works. If I can make at least 1 store accept Bitcoin, my task is already successful.
Please don't be like that. Anything is possible.

1 store is definitely a step, but to be honest it's just very far from a huge adoption.

Huge/global adoption can only happen if they see there is demand for purchasing things with Bitcoin. And at this point the demand is not there. People do occasionally use Bitcoin as currency, but it is far from enough to make merchants stand in a row to accept Bitcoin.

And Bitcoin as it is right now isn't able to handle global adoption scenarios. For that we need at least larger blocks, and perhaps even faster confirmation times. That's why I hope the Core devs release their version of the Core client with larger blocks. As soon as they do that, the whole XT drama will be over.
Yeah, agreed. Hopefully this happens soon.
TheGr33k (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 04:19:13 PM

Just ride the wave and have a nice coffee out there.

It will only succeed if we have every single Bitcoin user having some kind of strategy to help it grow.

What kind of strategy do you want? If people will not complain about struggling their bills or any financial problem and thinking of Bitcoin as a solution, do you think people will think of that Bitcon? That's the point here. They consider bitcoin can help so they are trying anything just to have it without realizing that they helping the bitcoin community in terms of popularity and awareness.

Even all people that bitcoin user will have strategy that you are talking about still BTC will not succeed. Mass adoption is the key here wherever what or where they will use that coin.

We'll get mass adoption if we really focus on spreading the word.
TheGr33k (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 04:22:39 PM

Wrong idea. If everyone who like or love bitcoin for tens of reasons but have not any idea how to help it, will leave it, the people which will have to do with bitcoin would be e few hundreds (I'm being generous in giving such figure). If it will be such situation for sure bitcoin will be dead.The use of it only by few hundred people mean nothing in the today market. Much more other altcoins have more users.

So to pretend that everyone must help bitcoin or to leave it it is totally wrong approach according to me. For me is a big help even only someone use or hold or accumulate it. The most big help that someone can give. Even if make only one the above three actions is a enormous help for it. The spread of bitcoin (which is the totally of the three above actions) is the most big and irreplaceable help that a person can do for it. It is enough to do this and this person need the gratitude for someone which like or love bitcoin. The spread of bitcoin mean more value and more power for it. More recognition and more deep root in the market and within the people which use and will use it. More impossibility to fight or ban it. More near of the final aim to be part of every person in the Earth.
Okay then how about this: people with no ideas should at least encourage the others with ideas instead of trying to tear them down.

If they can't come up with better ideas, they shouldn't even talk.

That's the main point of my post. "Do better, or shut your mouth". The second one is much easier to do.
BombayChicken

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 04:26:25 PM

Exactly this. This is why I do bitcoin on the side and still have a full time job that supports my family
mirana12345

Activity: 630

PM me to buy traffic for your site!

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 04:27:44 PM

I really don't get op. You're claiming it's wrong to hold for the price increase, or to buy things when the price increases ?!
Either way it's "cashing in" on bitcoin.

Just imagine someone saying "stay away from stocks if you're only here to profit on them".
What is a man supposed to do ? Just hold and do nothing with it ? You have a flawed logic man.
TheGr33k (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 04:30:16 PM

I really don't get op. You're claiming it's wrong to hold for the price increase, or to buy things when the price increases ?!
Either way it's "cashing in" on bitcoin.

Just imagine someone saying "stay away from stocks if you're only here to profit on them".
What is a man supposed to do ? Just hold and do nothing with it ? You have a flawed logic man.

I'm trying to say that people complain too much that Bitcoin isn't mainstream yet. They need to help it grow.

And for the people that like to insult other people's ideas to help Bitcoin, they need to do better or shut their mouths. That's all I'm saying.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 04:51:21 PM

Okay then how about this: people with no ideas should at least encourage the others with ideas instead of trying to tear them down.

If they can't come up with better ideas, they shouldn't even talk.

That's the main point of my post. "Do better, or shut your mouth". The second one is much easier to do.

Excellent post. With few words but clear ones. It would be better if it will be some example what is the meaning "better" or what can be better because this way of expression can help those with no ideas but which want to help. In this way even those who have no idea can copy the idea given and help (passing from "shut your mouth" to "do better"). Anyhow this is my idea and does not mean that may be even yours. Everyone has its way to write or express him's thoughts. And it is right to be so. As conclusion, your new post, as it is, is totally correct and I have nothing to tell, interpret or correct.  Wink
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 10:08:31 PM

Criticism improves the quality of things.

For example i was complaining about this place i rented way back years ago to co workers.
One of them got mouthy with me and said i bitch about it too much and it's a waste of time etc.
I told him if he let me finish talking i was going to say that i had bitched at the Landlord
and they lowered my rent by a large amount.

He did not have anything else to say LOL

If you want engineer a false reality where everything is peachy fine go for it but don't drag us into your delusion.
I choose to be apart of a reality that is both good and bad.

You sound like Facebook people who whine about whiners hahha
According to some people you are only suppose to post positive happy good news comments on there or shut up.
Same thing your saying here..

FUD first & ask questions later™
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2015, 10:17:23 PM

Just don't sit around and complain that the price keeps dropping when you're not really doing anything to prevent that.

And how can the average user be expected to put a stop to any or all immediate conversion to fiat, exactly?

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: